Tell me your best shareable meals at the 4 parks

Hotvwchick

Earning My Ears
I am going with my 2 teenage daughters. We are looking at sharing some meals(mostly counter service) as a cost savings option. We are not big eaters and hate to waste food. Looking forward to your suggestions!

Our travel party is usually 2 or 3 people, and we share. We are not big eaters. We have found that two can share a "platter" breakfast at our hotel, OR ask for just scrambled eggs rather than have to get a full combo of some kind (if there are 3 of us, we'll do a combo and the side of eggs, or get some fruit and yogurt to go with the combo platter). Usually we share a QS breakfast, share a QS lunch, and each have our own TS dinner. We've found the platter at Tangierine Cafe is sharable, as is the half-chicken or chicken/ribs combo at Flame Tree BBQ; if there are 3 of you, you might want to get an additional side. Also, anywhere you go you can get just the sandwich or burger, you don't have to get the fries, which cuts down the cost. Yak and Yeti has a decent fried rice at their take out; DD and I combine that with an order of egg rolls and it's plenty for us at lunch. Another thing to remember is that if it's hot out, we find we don't eat as much... and if we are having small/shared breakfasts and lunches, that means there's "more room" for a mid-afternoon snack!

Magic Kingdom

1) pinnochio Village Haus - a pizza flatbread + order of breadsticks w/ marinara

2)Pecos Bill Tale Tall Inn - any entree + side of chips piled high with veggies, cheese, pics , guacamole, etc. at the toppings bar

3) Be Our Guest for lunch. Sandwiches are big enough to share and comes with a ton of fries. Plus if you’re still hungry, sneak in a cupcake!

4) Columbia Harbor House. Most entrees here are large enough to share. Favorite is the huge lobster roll with fresh chips.

5) Liberty Square Market - share a giant turkey leg

6) Cosmic Ray Starlite Cafe - 1/2 rotisserie chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans. Huge portions

Animal Kingdom

1) Flame Tree Barbeque - many shareable meals here. Ribs and Chicken, 1/2 chicken, Ribs, Chicken and Pulled Pork Sampler.

2) Yak & Yeti - lots of good choices here too. Teriyaki Beef Bowl, Chicken Fried Rice, Asian Chicken Wrap, Eggrolls

3) Rainforest Cafe - Beef Nachos for two, Awesome Appetizer Adventures for 3. (Chimi-Cha-Chas, Crab Dip, Cheese sticks, Chicken Strips, Guacamole). The Sparkling Volcano Cake

The other option is to order from the kids menu - sometimes they have more than the standard chicken nuggets or mac & cheese and it's smaller portions for less money.
Do they give a hard time about ordering from the kids menu? One of the members in our party had gastric bypass surgery and eats very little, I didn’t even think this would be an option.

Do they give a hard time about ordering from the kids menu? One of the members in our party had gastric bypass surgery and eats very little, I didn’t even think this would be an option.
I've read there is no problem ordering from the kids menu at the QS locations. Some TS don't allow it.

I don't see how they could say no if you walk up to a counter and order anything - they have no idea who is with you.

They don't for QS. We do it every trip, including as recently as August, when all 6 of us ordered a kid's cheeseburger from ABC Commissary lol. Even my dh is fine with that b/c we love to snack. So, we tend to go light for meals to enjoy more snacks.

ETA: We also all order the kid's nachos from Pecos Bill's and then load them up at the toppings bar (no guac anymore, btw). Still a great value and plenty filling.

Plus the kids' meals come with a drink and a kid-sized dessert (applesauce pouch, yogurt, etc). We usually order kid's meals and supplement if needed because we don't want to carry leftovers and also hate to waste food.
Besides soda, what kids drinks are there?

The sandwiches at Sunshine seasons at Epcot. Nachos- Pecos Bills - MK, Nachos- Mexico pavilion, My daughter (18) and I share meals all the time. We just smaller amounts more often. You can also order some things as sides.

Magic Kingdom

1) pinnochio Village Haus - a pizza flatbread + order of breadsticks w/ marinara

2)Pecos Bill Tale Tall Inn - any entree + side of chips piled high with veggies, cheese, pics , guacamole, etc. at the toppings bar

3) Be Our Guest for lunch. Sandwiches are big enough to share and comes with a ton of fries. Plus if you’re still hungry, sneak in a cupcake!

4) Columbia Harbor House. Most entrees here are large enough to share. Favorite is the huge lobster roll with fresh chips.

6) Cosmic Ray Starlite Cafe - 1/2 rotisserie chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans. Huge portions

We used to love the rotisserie chicken at Cosmic Ray’s, but it was not on the menu in August. No green beans either.

We have found that for 3 of us, (2 adults, one Disney adult(age 13) share almost everything. We get 2 quick service meals and share. We also share at table service. You cannot share at character dining, buffets, all you care to eat, dinner shows). Also some of the restaurants in Epcot and Disney Springs (restaurant not Disney owned) may have restrictions.

We also share snacks everything from funnel cakes with ice cream (one for all 3 of us), cupcakes, candy apples and even a piece of fusge. Just ask person waiting on you they will cut\ divide just about anything you want.

You can find plenty to share in Hollywood Studios. I'd say, but one of two things share and if you want more, just but more!!

Edited: you also cannot share at prix fixe meals.

I *think* you can order an adult QS entree minus the side and they'll take off $2. Not sure if that is still a thing though. Our family of 4 will split 2 or 3 flatbread pizza kid meals, or 1 fajita platter with a side of chips and loaded toppings at Pecos Bill. Anyone can get a kid QS meal. We like that it comes with a drink, and you can sometimes substitute the sides depending where you are.

Magic Kingdom

I second the 1/2 rotisserie chicken!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter