Tell me your experience using Minnie Van service

kniquy

DIS Veteran
I am debating on whether or not to use the Minnie Van service for a few situations during our upcoming April trip. We will be at AKV which i believe is a resort they go to (maybe it has been expanded to include all resorts but i'm not sure).

One incident when we want to use it is going to the ESPN center for package pickup for dark side marathon weekend. Last time i missed the first resort bus and then it was at least another 30-40 minutes before the next bus arrived. We want to hit a park that morning so getting in for package pick up as soon as they open is essential.

I want to know how easy was it to arrange the pick up?
How prompt were they?
Any issues that you encountered?
Do you tip? I would think you would
Any other helpful input is appreciated!

I think they're great. Used them a few times. Never waiting long. Cars are always clean and drivers always polite and knowledgeable so yes I always tip. Only downside I'd say is price - depending on where you're going of course. Buy typically just getting a normal LYFT is much cheaper

Very prompt. No issues. Yes we tipped.
They are Disney employees so you get the Disney treatment. It was a great experience for us.

On tipping, they are Disney salaried employees and are not supposed to accept tips.

I think the big issue in your case is -- what time of the day do you need pickup? If it's very early in the morning (and I'm guessing it is), you may be looking for a ride before they start. If so, you can get Uber or Lyft and do Minnie Van another time when you'll be able to enjoy it more.

I am debating on whether or not to use the Minnie Van service for a few situations during our upcoming April trip. We will be at AKV which i believe is a resort they go to (maybe it has been expanded to include all resorts but i'm not sure).

One incident when we want to use it is going to the ESPN center for package pickup for dark side marathon weekend. Last time i missed the first resort bus and then it was at least another 30-40 minutes before the next bus arrived. We want to hit a park that morning so getting in for package pick up as soon as they open is essential.

1. I want to know how easy was it to arrange the pick up?
2. How prompt were they?
3. Any issues that you encountered?
4. Do you tip? I would think you would
Any other helpful input is appreciated!
1. It's done using Lyft. So easy
2. Impossible to answer for all instances. There are limits to how many they have. There may be plenty one time and none another. No way to predict
3. No issues to speak of. We love using it. It's more expensive than Uber or Lyft in most cases, unless you need a car seat and a larger upsized vehicle. Then it's about even.
4. Not supposed to. They are supposed to refuse tips but reports are of some accepting them. But they are in a non-tipped position and Disney frowns on any employee in a non-tipped position from accepting tips but I suppose, since no one is around to see them take it, some will anyway? No idea. But we have not tipped Minnie Van drivers but we do tip all Lyft/Uber drivers.

We had a excellent experience. Used them approximately 8 times. We tipped the driver. They all refused but DH forced them to take it.

We had a excellent experience. Used them approximately 8 times. We tipped the driver. They all refused but DH forced them to take it.
The Disney rule I've been told is
An employee in a non-tipped position is supposed to refuse a tip 3 times. If it's offered a 4th time they are allowed to accept and then I sort of get fuzzy on what happens. They turn them in or report it
I may have the numbers wrong. It may be 2 times and can accept the 3rd time but I'm pretty sure it's 3/4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter