Tell us what old movies you're watching...

Sometimes it's a bit of a negotiation - Kevin prefers that we watch something with real people (i.e. no androids, cyborgs, zombies or cgi) and would prefer it have minimal singing and dancing.

so then I would suggest avoiding Anna and the Apocalypse as it is a zombie musical (also a teen movie and set at Christmas, so hits lots of genres)

AATA-Render_1.gif

I've been watching old TV shows more often than old movies during these past couple of weeks. I find that they bring me comfort. I won't list them in case you were thinking of that for a separate thread.

But the older movies I HAVE watched are...

-"Back to the Future"
-"Back to the Future II"
-"Flash Gordon"

The first two because they're good. The third because it's so bad, it's good.

A little cliche to some, but Gone With the Wind is a good “once a year” kinda movie and a huge time killer-especially if you don’t fast forward through the intermission haha.

The Burbs’ is one of my all time favorites! Didn’t find that one out until later in life and love it!

after seeing some of these films listed my first thought was "those aren't old films" ... then I thought about it and yes, they are in fact old films and I, too, am old (i keep forgetting the 80s weren't like 10 years ago)

that is all

Last edited:
I will say, at the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak, I was watching all of the apocalypse and "pandemic" movies out there but now, as it's getting worse, I can't seem to watch anything depressing. I'm sticking strictly to comedies or something that I can get lost in without it depressing me further.

My Darling Clementine was on TCM the other night so I recorded it and started watching last night. Henry Fonda plays Wyatt Earp and Cathy Downs is Clementine. She and my mother's brother dated before he went off to WWII and was killed in action. There's a poster at Sci Fi Dine In with Cathy Downs in one of the sci fi movies she made. I recently got a good price on eBay for the last of the Cathy Downs memorabilia my mother saved.

I bet you're glad you asked :rotfl2:

Yesterday was Pirate Day, because I love the ocean and the Turner Classics app had several of these on a Watchlist.

THE CRIMSON PIRATE
THE MASTER OF BALLANTRAE
CAPTAIN BLOOD
THE SEA HAWK
AGAINST ALL FLAGS

Ended up, however unintentionally, being Errol Flynn day (except for CRIMSON PIRATE, which was Burt Lancaster). Great Old Movie day.

We watched the 1940 version of Swiss Family Robinson on Disney+ yesterday. The only version we had seen before was the 1960 Disney version. I have to say it was really good. If you have only seen the Disney version give it a try. We also watched two new movies this weekend. Harriet the story of Harriet Tubman and Judy which was the final years of Judy Garlands life. Both were excellent. We have also been watching the 60's show The Mod Squad.

We just finished watching: Gone with the wind,
An American in Paris,
Singing in the rain,
this past week. Those movies are great!

Outbreak
The Stand
Omega man
The Last man on earth
I am Legend
World War Z

oh and Frozen 2 which made less sense the second time through (why is fire a lizard and water a horse again?)

I've watched several early jack lemmon movies. Particularly enjoyed Avanti, a romantic romp in Italy. Also just watched "if its Tuesday this must be Belgium" which reminded me a little of some parts of our ABD trips.

Right now though I'm binge watching Magnum PI for the beautiful island scenery.
I want to binge watch Magnum PI. How are you doing that? Do you have a box set?

My Darling Clementine was on TCM the other night so I recorded it and started watching last night. Henry Fonda plays Wyatt Earp and Cathy Downs is Clementine. She and my mother's brother dated before he went off to WWII and was killed in action. There's a poster at Sci Fi Dine In with Cathy Downs in one of the sci fi movies she made. I recently got a good price on eBay for the last of the Cathy Downs memorabilia my mother saved.

I bet you're glad you asked :rotfl2:
What fun stuff to share with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!