Tell us what old movies you're watching...

Continuing our string of classic Disney live action. Blackbeard’s Ghost which is never seen/it was great-totally recommend. Cheesy and funny. And then original Parent Trap last night-always hilarious. Surprised how much my 10 and 14 year olds have enjoyed these.

Casablanca with Humphrey Bogart, also the African Queen! Love those classics.
I have to confess: I have never watched Citizen Kane. I have started to but my husband wasn't in to it!
I am going to watch it myself and see what all the fuss is about, and what "rose bud" really means.

The Goonies last night, a bunch of old three stooges movies (thanks to DH), and TY his morning I watched The Long Long Trailer with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz and I enjoyed it. And youngest DS saw Pinocchio for the first time and it was cute to watch his reaction.

Not old, but didn't know where to put this - just finished watching Onward on DIsney Plus - definitely enjoyable, although nowhere near the realms of what I'd call a classic, and had a good message, although it did not make me cry, like most Disney message movies do. Am I becoming hardened in isolation? :jester:

Another fan of the Muppets tv show from ABC. I thought it was hilarious. I was bummed when it was canceled. I just watched Blackbeard's Ghost with my kids. We just finished a pirate unit study, so this was a fun little movie. I was going to show them Pirates of the Caribbean, but my oldest might get creeped out. We also watched the making of the ride Pirates from the 60s. Then another video about all the changes made. Made for great conversation about what is offensive or appropriate from the 60s and now.

Fiddler on the Roof, Citizen Kane, Star Trek: II, and started Star Trek III. I have been watching 70s tv shows on various streaming and Cozi tv like Emergency and the Waltons.

Introduced the kids to A Goofy Movie last night in honor of its 25th anniversary

They very much enjoyed it though with some of the rediculous things the car makes it through my oldest asked "did they not know about the laws of physics in the 90s?"

I have the urge to watch several movies lately, and I may do it in the near future. Now - no judging about the radically different genres.

I want to watch one of my all time faves, "Edward Scissorhands". I also want to rewatch "Platoon":. Yes - both for the same (male) reason, although I remember Platoon was very tough on me when I originally saw it, and I have to take it in over several viewings. Just like Full Metal Jacket.

We watched all the Harry Potter films in order...
We just watched The Little Mermaid...
Last night we watched part of the first Lord of the Rings...

Cinema Paradiso is a beautiful movie with a terrific soundtrack.
I really enjoy Mr. Smith goes to Washington, Rear Window, North by Northwest, Arsenic and Old Lace, Kelly's Heroes, all of the Back to Future movies and the first three Indiana Jones movies.

I really enjoyed watching Andrea Bocelli’s Easter concert this morning from Italy. It’s now on YouTube. I hope it’s okay to share since while it is religious, it’s also cultural and artistic.

It was sobering to me, while many comparisons have been made to 9/11 for us as Americans, in this crisis the whole world is hurting. Anyways, it was beautiful and I enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Over the weekend I watched Mother Wore Tights from 1947. I’m getting to be quite a Betty Grable fan.

I watched What’s Up, Doc? from 1972 on TCM which I hadn’t seen in years. I don’t think Barbra was ever sexier than when she was laying on top of the piano singing As Time Goes By. She was 30 years old at the time.

A good friend just got Disney+ and this was her assessment of 6 animated features she saw for the first time.

Coco she loved.
Up she loved.
Atlantis she liked very much.
Onward she liked.
Hercules she didn’t care for.
Frozen 2 she hated. Due to the storyline. She liked Frozen 1.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter