temperature at WDW?

OJoyfulOne

I LOVE the Dwarfs and hope to see them again when
Hi,

For those of you who travel mostly in the first couple weeks of December, what are usually the norms for highs and lows during this time? Does it every snow? I'm thinking about planning my next Disney trip during this time to see the lights.

Thanks,
Joy

The average highs are around 70, with the lows around 50 but the weather can vary greatly from that. We have been with weather in the 80's, and in the 40's, so you just need to pack for two seasons. The nights are very chilly so you will need to dress accordingly. Most of the pools are heated so you can still swim. The parks are a lot less crowded the first two weeks of the month, but they close earlier as well. So go and have a great time, and don't worry about the weather. It very rarely snows that far south, so you won't need any snow gear!

Laura

We were there early Dec last year. We packed everything from shorts and tank tops to winter coats and gloves and it's a good thing! One day was 82 and another day was 43. We froze on the cold day but we are from the south. We walked around in layers of clothes and coats and it was even colder that night (30's) For the most part it was in the 70's, but there are no guarantees.

Thanks for this post. We are also thinking of going during the first couple weeks of December. This info helps.

We usualy go to Disney the first or second week of December because the parks are full of so much magic with the Christmas season. All the decorations and music make it so much more of an enchanting time to go and enjoy. The weather can range anywhere from 70-80's in the day and 50-60's at night, sometimes even cooler. We personaly would rather wear warmer clothing and a jacket in the evening, then be sticky and sweaty from the 90-100 degree weather. The crowds in December seem to be pretty slow, and we love it! We are looking forward to going this December and it feels like years away!! The countdown has been going since our last trip in Feb. of this year. Have a great time and enjoy! ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Weather in December can go from one extreme to another, I have actually worn a ski jacket to the MVMCP's in early Dec. and then shorts at others. The thing to remember is it can be beautiful one day, cool another, rainy or cold! So pack for all, and check the weather sites about a week beforehand. But cold to someone who lives in the south is not the same as cold from someone from the north! But let's just say when it is cold in FL it is a very damp cold. Still early Dec. is one of the best times to visit the world, the holiday atmosphere and the small crowds make it one of my favorite times of the year there.:
:cat: :cat: :cat: :fish:
keiki,binky&mouse my 3 beautiful white kitties!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter