Temperatures in Dec.

moes87

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip from Dec 5th-Dec 12th. What are the temperatures during this time of the year. Need to know waht to pack.

Thanks

We were down there in 2000 the first week of December.Most days it got into the high 70's.Kids went swimming almost everyday.The nights got a little cool.Overnight it was mid to high 40's so it was cool in the mornings.I packed shorts,t-shirts,pants,sweatshirt and a light jacket.I found it funny because we were wearing shorts when alot of other people were bundled up and we were asked if we were from Canada.:laughing:

I've been down the beginning of Dec. twice now, or is it 3 times? These senior moments are driving me crazy! :tongue: One trip, it was gorgeous, 80F everyday, couldn't have been nicer! :) Another time, the days were cooler, and in the evenings, sweatshirts/sweaters/jackets, even gloves were needed. I had kept an eye on the long-range weather forecast for Orlando before I left, so I was prepared. :)

Kelly, my knees must be more sensitive than yours. When it gets cool, I need them covered up!! :tongue: :D

I was wondering myself :) We're going Dec 8-16 ... Maybe we'll see you down there moes87 :wave2:

I guess I'm going to have to bring a whole bunch of different clothes. I'm glad that it will be warm enough on some days to go swimming!

We've been down there 3 times in Dec and each time has been so different with temps. varying on a daily basis.:D We will be planning our next Dec. trip for 2005.

Our last Dec. trip was in 2000 and for the most part it was really nice with shorts and swimming in the daytime with jeans and a light jacket in the evenings but for a few days we froze.We were at MVMCP around the 5th of Dec that year and it was so cold that the "fake" snow on Main St. could have very well been real.
:crazy:Also the Poly Luau was nearly cancelled for us as it was really cool. I ended up with a really bad cold that year.

I would advise you to prepare yourself for all types of weather. It's the only place that we've ever been that has weather change so rapidly but it really doesn't matter as WDW is all that counts be it cold or warm.::MickeyMo

Kelly I'm laughing at your comment about us Canadians as the same thing happened to us a few years ago on Logboat Key in Sarasota when it "cooled" down a wee bit but it was still warm enough for shorts and evryone we spoke to that day said we must have been from Canada!:teeth: The "snowbirds" and locals were all running around with heavy coats, gloves and touques!:p

We have been down in Dec first 2 weeks in 96 99 and 01 and every time we have had weather in the mid to high 70's in 01 it was mid to high 80's with a couple days in the 90's evenings are always around the mid 50's so it is always really nice.

We were there last December 6th to the 14th and the weather was generally warm in the daytime. The one night we went to the Osborne lights it was quite cool that we needed our jackets and our gloves. The rest of the time it was beautiful. The night we went to MVMCP was warmer than last Friday night when we were at MNSSHP. It did rain an awful lot though. I think we used our raincoats everyday. The last day we were there it was tanking down like you've never seen. My son and I were the only people in Frontierland at 10:30 in the morning. There was no one else in the entire walkway except some cast members trying to stay out of the rain.
So, unfortunately you have to be prepared for cool, warm, rainy and sunny weather; but who cares YOU"RE at DISNEY WORLD over Christmas and it is beautiful.

Hope for the best but pack for the worst.
We were there a couple of years ago and froze.
Ended up wearing a t shirt, a couple of sweat shirts (we ended up buying extras) and a jacket. Added to the cold was that it rained on us almost every day. We didn't even look at the pool.
They cancelled the Tarzan Rocks show as it was too cold.
No more December trips for me. Was nice to do it once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter