Temps in December

Cinderella822

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to decide the best time to go and have narrowed it down to the first week in December. However, my DD is concered that it will be too cold to go swimming. I know the weather is colder, but can anyone tell me if the pools are too cold to swim in. I'm trying to avoid the heat of the summer.

December varies greatly so it could go either way. I've gone three times that week and 2 of the 3 weeks were great; only one was pretty cold.

Yes, we did swim in December but not that one COLD year...

We've gone within the first two weeks of December a number of years and the weather is very inconsistant.

Two years ago when we came back from MVMCP we were bundled up and you could write your name in frost on the cars in the parking lot.

Last year (same time frame) we were in short sleeve shirts even into the late evening hours.

Plan to dress in layers - that way you can be prepared for anything, because anything is what you might get in December.

It is still one of my favorite times of year to visit!

we have been twice during that week
in 2001 it was 85 and sunny each day !!
in 2002 it was 60ish and we wore sweatshirts and jeans alot--but my kids still swam as the pools are heated its just really cold when you get out and run !! back to your room to warm up. LOL

We were there the 19-21 th of December '03 and it was too cold for us to go swimming, and there weren't many people in the pools at WL.

Bobbi:D

Here is a good website http://www.weatherbase.com/weather/weather.php3?s=150227&refer=

But as everyone else has stated you need to be prepared for either type of weather. Ofcourse cold for me is different then that of a NY resident. But the best way to pack is by thinking layers so you can go either way.

Saying that the Dec is a perfect time for a visit. The crowds are pretty low and you get to enjoy all the holiday festivities. It really is extra magical in December. As for swimming all the Disney pools are heated.

Decemeber is a perfect time to visit WDW, especially the first couple of weeks. We went last year and it was awesome, the parks and resorts were beautiful and we walked on every single ride. We're planning on going the same week in Dec. this year.

The weather, however is unpredictible, we were there Dec. 14-21 and we saw a wide spectrum of weather in only a week. The pictures are funny because one day we're wearing shorts and short sleeves and the next day we have on long sleeves, sweatshirts and jackets. In fact, we had to break down and buy fleeces one day because it was so cold. We had sweatshirts and jackets with us, but we were still cold. I think the highest high was in the lower 80's and the lows dipped down into the 30's.

Pack your swimsuits, you may get lucky and get a couple of warm days. The pools are heated, so if you get desperate, you could always get in quickly, try to stay under water and when it's time to get out--run like mad to get back inside.

Have a great time, you'll love WDW in December!

Kristaprincess:

I appreciate all the input. I think I will go in December despite the unpredictable weather. I'll take the cold over the heat. I guess layers is the answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter