Tent Camping in JUNE

DROCKS

Mouseketeer
I'm considering our first Fort Wilderness camping experience. We are tent campers and I'd love to hear what you like or dislike about camping in June. I'm sure Oct and Nov are best, but I'm trying to choose a time when the kids are out of school.

Thanks
Donna

I guess the tent campers are all out camping, so I'll help as much as I can...

Never tent camped, but do know that June can be nice or hot. I've seen plenty of tenters then--I'd just be sure to take a fan for the evenings!

Maybe someone else can help soon! Welcome to the camping board--you'll love FW!!!!!!!

Hot Hot Hot

make time for the water parks - they are a great way to cool off, anytime is a good time to visit the Fort in my book:D :D

We stayed in cabins in late June and thank goodness we did! It was HOT and HUMID. Rained every day-- several times a day. Every time we passed the tent campsites and saw how soggy everything looked, we were glad to pay the extra $$$ for the A/C in the cabins.

We have tent camped in June but we had A/C in our tent. It did not do much in the daytime but at night it kept the tent nice and cool. We live down here and are used to the heat (well as used to it as you can get). June is the beginning of our rainy/huricane season so the earlier in June you can make the better it will be. Fans help a great deal and lots of tarps for rain and shade protection. Tent camping in June is very doable but be prepared to spend a lot of time in the pool and lots of late night cold showers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter