tent camping

Sharper

Mouseketeer
Since I assume Disney does not know what type of camping will be done when reservations are made that tent and tv campers are mixed in the loops. Are there loops with sites that are too small for larger rv's and more likely to have tent campers? My husband is particularly concerned that if we are lone tent campers in a group of rv's that we may have problems with noise, exhaust fumes, etc. that others also in rv's may not. Any request that we can make to help get us with other tent campers? Thanks.

best bet is probably a partial hook up site - they do not have a sewer hook up and are typically used by tents and pop ups, that being said you will see a variety of camping equipment in all of the loops - from tents to pop ups to million dollar coaches, noise is mainly from buses and you only hear them if you are on the raodside of your loop. the partial loops are 1500 & 2000

When rv's check in they plug in, so generator noise shouldn't be a problem. You will have a little exhaust noise/smell when they are arriving or leaving, but not really more than any vehicle. The tenters usually stay in the partial sites, so if you request that there won't be many rv's there.

campingcorgi (wishing she were staying in a million dollar rv, but alas only a cozy class c!)

But it sounds like there are no problems being intermingled with rv's. I think that it is interesting that October is a slower month at FW when that has always been my favorite month for camping -- not too hot, less chance of rain and fall just seems appropriate for camping! Even though it is almost a year off, we are already getting excited about camping at Disney World!

We always choose loop 1500. It's close to the Meadows recreation area and trading post (just a short walk across a bridge!). There are never any RVs in that loop - just tents and pop-ups. You have electric and water hookups. :)

Sharper,
I'm not quite sure that your first assumption is correct. When I've camped in FW, the reservationist asks what type of camping (tent, pop-up, or rig) AND what size of tent, rig, etc when you are making your original reservation. So that's your time to say if you need extra room for slide-outs. (Of course, you can say so later at check-in if there is a size problem with your assigned site.)

Just wanted to throw that out there. It seems like the other posters are kinda getting to that point. You can camp with nearly no restrictions on which site (I'm holding back on talking about loop 2000), but some ammenities target tent campers and some target full size RVs.

I wouldn't worry about it at all. As I mentioned in another post, if you are in a tent and you are with RVs, you'll at least have a quieter comfort station! AND RVers are quieter neighbors sometimes b/c they cook & talk inside their homes...not in the great outdoors as the tenters do.

Have a GREAT TIME!! :Pinkbounc

Jax

We were in the 1500 loop this past August and there was a mix of tent and small rv's. Nothing really big. We were in a partial hook up and there were mostly tents.

I agree with the others here, tent tend to end up in the partial hook up loops.

But, with that said last week when I was there I took the time to ride every loop on my bike a couple of times. Almost every loop including the "Preferred" had one or two tents on them.

The only place where tents were not that comon were the pet loops.

Have fun at FW

You can check out my Fort Wilderness Web Page for more information.

As the others have said tents do end up in all the loops. I think mostly because people have favorite areas of FW or are camping with friends or family that have larger rigs that they want to be close to. Also there have been times that the only site available for the time I wanted was a full hook up site so that's what we got. The partial hook up sites seem to have a larger pad area for tents or screen rooms while the full hook up sites have a longer driveway and smaller pad. We were given a site one time that was too small for our tent and had a huge driveway in a preferred loop but the front desk was able to switch us out to a site that worked for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter