Teppan Edo timing

hjbvet

Earning My Ears
We have ADR at Teppan Edo at 6pm. If we get a couple Minnie Vans from the International Gateway, what are the odds we can get to MK in time for (and find a spot for) a 9pm fireworks show? It's the second week of December so fireworks nights are limited. Been trying to move Teppan Edo to lunch, but so far no luck.

We have ADR at Teppan Edo at 6pm. If we get a couple Minnie Vans from the International Gateway, what are the odds we can get to MK in time for (and find a spot for) a 9pm fireworks show? It's the second week of December so fireworks nights are limited. Been trying to move Teppan Edo to lunch, but so far no luck.

You can not get a Minnie Van from the International Gateway. You will have to walk to the front entrance of the Beach Club or the Boardwalk. From Teppan Edo that is probably a 20-30 minute walk.
You can not hurry your meal at Teppan Edo since you sit at tables for 8 and all the food for everyone is cooked at the same time as part of"the show".
Dinner will take at least an hour, a 20 - 30 minute walk, a 15 to 20 minute van ride, and then through bag check, security and the tap styles.
You can probably make it but it would be too much rushing for me.
Good Luck

Plan for at least an hour and a half at Teppan Edo. It could also take close to 2 hours depending on what people order. You would have to go to a Resort in the EPCOT area to get a Minnie Van. I know you can get a Minnie Van from the Boardwalk. You might be pushing it, so I would definitely try to get a lunch reservation if you can.

Great. Thanks everyone. We have a party of 9, so we are the table... but I don't want to rush it. I have never been to Hibachi before-- I think maybe I will go to a nice Japanese restaurant locally to satisfy that bee in my bonnet. And enjoy MK at night and the fireworks to ensure we don't miss the only chance we have to see them.
Now on yo finding a "last minute" ADR for 9.....

Great. Thanks everyone. We have a party of 9, so we are the table... but I don't want to rush it. I have never been to Hibachi before-- I think maybe I will go to a nice Japanese restaurant locally to satisfy that bee in my bonnet. And enjoy MK at night and the fireworks to ensure we don't miss the only chance we have to see them.
Now on yo finding a "last minute" ADR for 9.....
Are you sure you have the table? Pictures of the restaurant only have 8 seats at each "grill." I remember for the DIS 20 celebration, I made a reservation for 8 to just have it be DISers there. We filled the table with no seat to spare. I would call Disney and make sure they can put 9 at the table just to be safe.

Teppan Edo is one of my favorite restaurants at EPCOT and WDW. I would try and eat there if you can. It's a lot of fun.

Are you sure you have the table? Pictures of the restaurant only have 8 seats at each "grill." I remember for the DIS 20 celebration, I made a reservation for 8 to just have it be DISers there. We filled the table with no seat to spare. I would call Disney and make sure they can put 9 at the table just to be safe.

Teppan Edo is one of my favorite restaurants at EPCOT and WDW. I would try and eat there if you can. It's a lot of fun.

Oh this made it so much more complicated. It was #2 on my list for dining wishes. And I guess I made the bold assumption that since they allowed my reservation for 9 to go through then we would all be together. I shall call and find out. But if we are already split I suppose making two smaller reservations is easier for lunch... Dilemmas dilemmas. (all good dilemmas to have, I will admit)

teppan-edo.jpg
this is hopeful? (not my image... found on a google search)

We were a party of 9 adults plus 2 high chairs at one table. We fit fine & didn't feel too squished

Plan for at least an hour and a half at Teppan Edo. It could also take close to 2 hours depending on what people order. You would have to go to a Resort in the EPCOT area to get a Minnie Van. I know you can get a Minnie Van from the Boardwalk. You might be pushing it, so I would definitely try to get a lunch reservation if you can.

I DID IT!! I got a lunch ADR for TE for the whole group!
I'm beyond excited.:tigger:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter