Teppanyaki - Japan???

Montana Disney Fan

<font color=blue>GAT-Master Extraordinaire<br><fon
Anyone got the lowdown on this restaurant?

What is good to eat? Suggestions?

Are there any seats better than others?

Good beer or wine? Suggestions?

It's going to be me an my sister so if you have any information or stories you'd like to share, please post.

Thanks,

MDF:earseek:

This is a Benihana style restaurant where the chef comes out and stands in front of the diners who are seated around a grill. He has a list of selected menu items that the waitress has already taken as orders from the patrons. The menu consists of several choices of chicken, beef, and lobster all cooked Japanese style and to order. Fried rice and some vegetables are also offered. They have a full bar with domestic beers and imports with of course Japanese brands. You can have sushi sent to the table as well. We had a good time at this place.

This is one of our favorites! I like the lobster myself, but have tried others (chicken, shrimp) and all is great. It's fun. You sit at a horseshoe shaped table (seats 8) and chef is in the middle. Same a Benihanna's. As far as drinks, they have Japanese beer & sake and the regular american brands. You will not be disappointed. The have a lounge which you can also have dinner served there. You sit at regular tables here, but don't have the chef in front of you.

We will be eating here on our first night! 10/25/03!!!!!!:bounce:

We have a ps for this restaurant for next month ~ After the positive responses I can't wait.

We went last year and it was our first Japanese food. We all had such a good time that we've gone to other restaurants near home. But everyone agrees none have been as good as Epcot!

Hehe. Ya, I know how you feel. Even IF the food was better, it still is not the same. You can't add the memories to the food :D

This is our favorite Epcot restaurant, and a must on each trip. As others have said, you sit at tables for 8, and the Chef cooks your orders. All meals come with soup and rice as well. I usually have a combo, Steak and Scallops or Chicken and Steak, etc. It has always been great!

We too went to eat here and it was great. I had the steak and lobster and the kids had the kids shrimp platter and my husband had the chicken and steak. Everything was really good and the chef was so entertaining. We also went to Benihani's in our area and I have to agree its doesn't replace eating at EPCOT

We ate here for the first time in July and loved it. We are now looking for something in the Columbus, Oh area that has the same food!

Our meal was wonderful! Everything cooked to perfection. The meeat was so tender you could cut it with chop sticks!

This resturant is a big time favorite for our group. There are six of us at the table for eight and we generally have a wonderful conversation with the two spares at the table. Wonderful food and the chef we had last year kept us all in stitches.

I personally love the Donald Duck which is on the kids menu. It is chicken and oh so yummy! And amazingly enough even after walking the park all day it is more then enough for me...and you can have ice cream for dessert! :Pinkbounc A couple at our table tried Green Tea ice cream and loved it so I think that will have to be a try it for me this year!

We ate there last week. It was great!! I had Hatamoto (chicken and shrimp) and Ichigo (strawberry+pineapple+lemom smoothie). My sis had chicken and steak (forgot the Japanese name) and iced green tea. Our chef was awesome. He performed all kinds of tricks with his knives. I will definitely go back.

No one's mentioned that it is so reasonably priced for lunch. DS (who's 20 yo and a pretty big eater) and I ate there in May. Our lunch bill was $33, before the 10% Annual Pass discount. Granted, we didn't have any alcohol, but even so, I thought that was pretty reasonable for 2 people, and think of the fun atmosphere.

Hi, I have a few more questions about this...

For the lunch, do they serve soup then too? What kind of soup? Also, they have a chicken kids meal on the dinner menu but not on the lunch menu. Can we get the chicken kids meal at lunch? My girls won't eat steak but love chicken. And lastly, they won't eat a full meal, do they might if the kids split their meal??? Thanks for any help you can give....

Just in case there weren't enough positive responses let me add that I love this restaurant and I don't even like Japanese food! It's great fun, and I love to pick at everyones meal. To top it all off we are having our Rehearsal Dinner here in November! It's a great place!

Elissa

This is great. I just decided to have my NYE dinner here. I can't wait I think we will love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter