Test Track Incident !

dsanner106

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
I just saw a posting from someone in the park that a patron may have jumped from Test Track, is there any confirmation of or truth to this rumor? I hope not....

Looked on Twitter abd it was closed for about an hour but running now. If an incident like you mentioned happened it wouldn’t be open again.

There was a molestation incident a few days ago on the ride. That's all I've heard of.
I heard about that on Dis Fix and was thoroughly sickened. Fortunately the rotten (expletive deleted) got what he deserved. However, I am thoroughly disappointed that the incident was brought up on the DisFix program. It was a terrible thing to have happen for sure, but was it really necessary to make it a news item on the program?? Are they really that desperate for news items each day? We hear enough about those kinds of things on our regular daily news. In the future I hope they keep that kind of stuff off the program or I will no longer tune in.

I heard about that on Dis Fix and was thoroughly sickened. Fortunately the rotten (expletive deleted) got what he deserved. However, I am thoroughly disappointed that the incident was brought up on the DisFix program. It was a terrible thing to have happen for sure, but was it really necessary to make it a news item on the program?? Are they really that desperate for news items each day? We hear enough about those kinds of things on our regular daily news. In the future I hope they keep that kind of stuff off the program or I will no longer tune in.

I disagree. Much as we like to think we're in a magical place when we are in a Disney park, the truth is that crime happens there just like anyplace else. It is good to have a reminder that no matter where we are, we should try to be alert to danger.

I disagree. Much as we like to think we're in a magical place when we are in a Disney park, the truth is that crime happens there just like anyplace else. It is good to have a reminder that no matter where we are, we should try to be alert to danger.
This x10000! Completely agree

It seems that in this world. You just can’t put unrelated, single rider line, into a ride together
Sad but true

It seems that in this world. You just can’t put unrelated, single rider line, into a ride together
Sad but true

Sad incident not true statement.

Millions of people ride random with others, and someone did something hideous and was jailed for it.

Last edited:
Sad but true

I have to strongly disagree with this sentiment. They have had single-rider on Test Track for a decade plus and to my knowledge, this is the first time this has happened. How many million people have ridden Single Rider since it became available before this one incident? I'm not in any way trying to minimize what happened- it is clearly horrible but it is the fault of the individual charged, not Test Track or its seating pattern. The same individual could have done the same things in the line for any attraction, or in countless other places around the property.

Blindly saying that you should never be seated next to anyone you don't know because 'someone' once did something inappropriate is ridiculous. I ride Test Track Single Rider all the time and have never once done anything inappropriate to any guest around me. Sometimes I'm with friends and we are okay splitting up for a shorter wait, or I'm there alone for a brief visit and decide to ride. With your suggestion, I would never be able to ride if I'm there alone and countless vehicles would go out with empty seats. How far do we have to take this- do we need to leave empty seats between every party in a full theater, thus reducing the capacity of the theater? Do we not share rows on the parking lot tram? Can we no longer sit in the same row on the railroad as another guest?

You can’t stop people from committing crimes. I think in this time 2018 that Disney is putting them self at risk by alowing single person lines, or putting people unrelated to each other in Ride like splash M. Or BTMR where people slide into each other
Somewhere or sometime they are going to be accused of promoting thing because now they are put on notice
I really don’t like what happing to the world and Disney world
Why can’t people just have fun and a good time ..??

You can’t stop people from committing crimes. I think in this time 2018 that Disney is putting them self at risk by alowing single person lines, or putting people unrelated to each other in Ride like splash M. Or BTMR where people slide into each other
Somewhere or sometime they are going to be accused of promoting thing because now they are put on notice

Lots of parks do single rider lines. In fact some do a whole lot more then disney does. Have never heard of any major issues from them like this.

I don't follow your reasoning. Crime is currently way down, so no reason to think that Disney is going to be the site of an anomalous crime spike. As for the chances of Disney being successfully sued for a crime committed by a guest merely because it offers a single rider line, I wish plaintiff's counsel the best of luck with that argument.

I worry that I live in a world where people project their own anxieties onto others and just assume that since they do not know them and they are riding a theme park attraction alone, they must have nefarious or evil intent and must be avoided and kept away from them. If this view was really allowed to project to the world, a huge portion of our society would not be allowed to participate in it because you are afraid of everyone without any basis of fact. They have just as much right to participate in all those same activities as you do and should not be prevented from participating in them because you project the actions of one terrible person onto everyone you don't know. Should every dad or mom who rides alone because his/her children are too small be prevented from riding because you don't want them next to you? Should every guest visiting the park alone be prevented from every ride because you don't want them next to you?

Last edited:

The same type of creeps and criminals who exist today have always existed, only now things are (often mis-)reported on social media and the rest of us react by freaking out... which I suspect is often the intent behind such social media posts. I know that if something criminal or untoward happened to me, or I witnessed it happen to someone else, the LAST place I'd go is to the Internet. I'd want the perp to be held accountable, and would put all of my energy into having that person held accountable as quickly as possible by the appropriate authorities.

I've witnessed enough people called out for goofing off on the pitch black portions of rides at WDW to realize that Disney has cameras and security everywhere. That doesn't mean that bad things won't happen, only that the perpetrators stand very little chance of getting away with it--if they're reported to the right folks in a timely manner. There is nothing that can be done by anyone anywhere to eliminate bad things from happening, at least not without ruining the experience for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts