Texans in Alaska: Last Sea Day on the Disney Wonder (Completed 8/4/17)

Following! I also started following you on instagram a few weeks ago ;-) Loving your report - those blankets are gorgeous!What a lovely and thoughful FE gift!

Love your trip report! Looking forward to reading the rest of it. :goodvibes

Hello! We just got back on Monday night. We had a great trip!

I plan to write a detailed trip report. Here is the first installment, with our YouTube music video and hotel review.

Please let me know what questions you have!

Link to trip report:
YouTube Video and Hotel Review: https://milesforfamily.com/2017/06/23/texans-alaska-trip-video-hyatt-regency-vancouver-review/

Vancouver Part 1--Arrival, Stanley Park, Sea to Sky tour with Landsea Tours: https://milesforfamily.com/2017/06/26/texans-alaska-vancouver-arrival-stanley-park-sea-to-sky/

Vancouver Part 2--Capilano, Grouse Mountain, Vancouver Whale Watch: https://milesforfamily.com/2017/06/...pilano-grouse-mountain-vancouver-whale-watch/

Boarding the Disney Wonder! https://milesforfamily.com/2017/06/30/texans-alaska-boarding-disney-wonder-to-alaska/
The Fish Extender blankets look great! Where did you get them?

Just read your Tracy Arm installment. My grandfather really was an Alaska fisherman (I grew up there too) so Mickey's outfit at the end just killed me. Love!

Just read your Tracy Arm installment. My grandfather really was an Alaska fisherman (I grew up there too) so Mickey's outfit at the end just killed me. Love!
Wow, what was it like growing up in Alaska? There was no way I was leaving the Disney Wonder without getting a photo with Mickey in his fisherman outfit. :)

Well you don't realize how unusual everything is until you've moved away. It's isolated. And expensive. Like living in Hawaii. No shortage of nature though. And people are very neighborly because the conditions are so harsh. You have to work together. I spent about half my time there (23 years total) in Fairbanks, which is totally different than Southeast. Much drier, flatter, and colder.

Well you don't realize how unusual everything is until you've moved away. It's isolated. And expensive. Like living in Hawaii. No shortage of nature though. And people are very neighborly because the conditions are so harsh. You have to work together. I spent about half my time there (23 years total) in Fairbanks, which is totally different than Southeast. Much drier, flatter, and colder.

Expensive for sure! Some of the locals schooled us on how expensive groceries were. One of my favorite parts about going into the ports was talking to the local guides who live in Alaska year-round. They had some interesting stories, for sure!

I'm glad Juneau ended up working out for your family despite the rain. I'm planning a heli-mush for that day, but understand I must have solid back up plans because cancellations are common. Thanks for sharing the link for the car rental place. I've bookmarked it for our cruise. How far in advance did you reserve your car?

I'm glad Juneau ended up working out for your family despite the rain. I'm planning a heli-mush for that day, but understand I must have solid back up plans because cancellations are common. Thanks for sharing the link for the car rental place. I've bookmarked it for our cruise. How far in advance did you reserve your car?
We reserved the car in February for our June cruise. The place did not seem busy on our day in Juneau.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter