Thanks for all the great tips

TDS373X

DIS Veteran
Thanks to all the great tips I read on this board in regards to kids with autism/ASD we just returned from a GREAT trip this morning. The best tip of all was the ear plugs-Hear-os earplugs are now my heros!!! DD 5 made HUGE strides in overcoming issues this trip. For the first time since 1998 I was able to watch fireworks and not run from them!!!! I was thrilled for myself and her that she was able to truly enjoy the things that even a year ago totally freaked her out. Thank you.... :grouphug:

Thank you for sharing your post trip comments. I am glad to read that you all had a more enjoyable trip this time.

Thanks for letting us know how your trip turned out. It's always good to know what worked for people.

TDS373X said:
ear plugs-Hear-os earplugs are now my heros!!! DD 5 made HUGE strides in overcoming issues this trip. For the first time since 1998 I was able to watch fireworks and not run from them!!!! I was thrilled for myself and her that she was able to truly enjoy the things that even a year ago totally freaked her out. Thank you.... :grouphug:

First of all, YAY for having a great trip!!!!!!! Now, tell me about those earplugs...my DS5 (who has PDD-NOS) has big sensory issues, and we can never watch fireworks...we were planning on trying some earplugs (which have worked for him at the movies a few times)....where did you find those earplugs? Are they specifically for kids? (I don't think I ever saw that brand before)

Thanks...and glad you had such a great trip! :teeth:

MomOf2DisneyKids said:
First of all, YAY for having a great trip!!!!!!! Now, tell me about those earplugs...my DS5 (who has PDD-NOS) has big sensory issues, and we can never watch fireworks...we were planning on trying some earplugs (which have worked for him at the movies a few times)....where did you find those earplugs? Are they specifically for kids? (I don't think I ever saw that brand before)

Thanks...and glad you had such a great trip! :teeth:
i think this is their
website.

I get a little "sniffly" over stories like this- it's hearwarming to know how things turned out. I know you're so proud of your daughter for the strides she's made and I'm glad that people's suggestions helped too. :-) Kathy

Welcome back!

Its good to hear that you had a great trip. It helps everyone on the trip if our loved ones with sensory issues can enjoy what the rest of us do. I'm so pleased that your DD got to see the wonderful fireworks - all those memories will now be happy ones!:)

Regards
Rosie

UPDATE--
We went to therapy today and told her OT of all the new things she's done while at WDW and he was thrilled!!! and very proud of her. Her success seemed to carry over into the session. Sorry it's taken so long to get back to the boards I've just been really wiped out this week going back to work and missing those afternoon adult beverages by the pool :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter