Thanks to DVC, we got a $300 onboard credit on the disney wonder!!

Disneyfun1

Walt Disney World Lover-DVC Owner Since 1/07
We were just on last sundays(april 29, 2007) sailing of the 4 night Disney Wonder.

Just got home last night after going to wdw after the cruise.

Just wanted to share that we are DVC members and we went to the little get together they had for members We sailed using cash, not points. We got all kinds of goodies just be letting the DVC desk know that we were onboard. WE got magnets, lanyards, hats, pins, etc.

Anyways, we went to the celebration that lasted about 30mins, then was told we could stick around for a presentation about people thinking becoming members and they were going to give away prizes. that lasted another hour and i figured why not. Others got towels which were nice. after listening to the presentation that i knew all about since we are members, they drew into a bag with our names of who attended. What do you know, they pulled my name out and i got a $300 onboard credit!!! Just for sitting for an hour presentation! I could not believe it. They immediately put it on my account and that helped a lot!! We also had 2-$100 room credits since we rebooked on board last time for this trip for 2 rooms, so we had $500 credit going in!

It was funny, our dvc ship guide is named Will Carter, and our last name is Carter as well. He said he had to explaing the next day that we were not related,and in fact, he didnt even draw our name out!!

Make sure to go to the dvc meetings and let them know you are onboard if you go on the ships.

thanks a lot DVC!!!

good advice - we'll have to remember that when we go on our first cruise - actually we've never been to a DVC meeting (even though we bought AKV 2 months ago) so it will be interesting to hear what they talk about.

Good for you! What a great way to make a cruise even more memorable!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Congratulations! :woohoo:

That explains my experience last Dec on our cruise. Since we are DVC members I was interested in this meeting. I thought it was going to be a mixer-type reception where actually you got to talk to people. I arrived 5 minutes after the time given. Things were already underway. People were sitting in chairs (none were left), listening to some guy in the front of the room and cheering for some reason -- I think he was giving out door prizes. If there was some way to register I didn't see it. The lights were turned down, and nobody paid any attention to me, so after standing around for a few minutes I left. There was nothing to do and I had no idea what was going on. A disappointment.

So if you're going to go, be sure get there early!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter