Thanksgiving 2017 Buffet

I'm sort of in a pickle. I'm actually AT Disneyland right now (okay, technically I'm at the hotel, but I digress. I didn't think about it when I first found out what day they will release the reservations, but am alarm will wake up my kiddos. I did think about using my earbuds, but only God knows if I'd actually keep those suckers in. Plus, IDK how fast Disney will even load them - they still haven't put up the placeholders. Anyone know what my chances of a 2-3 PM slot would be if I just waited until I wake up around 5:30?

So tomorrow, it should all go live. Is everybody getting up at 3am? And are you hoping for the Disneyland Hotel Buffet or something else?

I'll be up and on here! The Dis comes back online from nightly maintenance around 3 a.m. so I'm sure I'll be on commiserating with the rest of you about Disney IT problems.

I'm sort of in a pickle. I'm actually AT Disneyland right now (okay, technically I'm at the hotel, but I digress. I didn't think about it when I first found out what day they will release the reservations, but am alarm will wake up my kiddos. I did think about using my earbuds, but only God knows if I'd actually keep those suckers in. Plus, IDK how fast Disney will even load them - they still haven't put up the placeholders. Anyone know what my chances of a 2-3 PM slot would be if I just waited until I wake up around 5:30?

Last year, a lot of venues, times and party sizes were loaded slowly onto the Disneyland Dining website through the early morning. Storyteller Cafe actually loaded pretty early so I booked that as my backup. I wasn't able to make a reservation for the DLH Thanksgiving Feast for my party of 3 with a later seating because it hadn't been loaded by the time the phone lines opened. I remember calling in at 7 a.m. Phone lines were jammed immediately, so I kept calling and getting the busy signal. I eventually got through 40-something minutes later, then was on hold for I think another 40-something minutes, with my phone on speaker and mute while I was getting ready to head out in the morning. I confirmed a 5:30 p.m. reservation for the DLH buffet with a CM around 8:30 a.m. I checked the Disneyland Dining page later in the day and was really surprised to see quite a few dining times available, including my own 5:30 p.m. seating.

So back to your question -- it's certainly possible to get your desired reservation time even if you wake up at 5:30 a.m. I think the fact that now prepayment is required and there are no more AP discounts, which were new policies introduced last year, really cut down on the book-now-decide-later mentality that caused so many reservations to get snapped up whether or not families really had any firm plans to do the DLH buffet. It's a lot of money to be out while you get a headcount or decide whether to go or cancel.

I'll be up and on here! The Dis comes back online from nightly maintenance around 3 a.m. so I'm sure I'll be on commiserating with the rest of you about Disney IT problems.

Last year, a lot of venues, times and party sizes were loaded slowly onto the Disneyland Dining website through the early morning. Storyteller Cafe actually loaded pretty early so I booked that as my backup. I wasn't able to make a reservation for the DLH Thanksgiving Feast for my party of 3 with a later seating because it hadn't been loaded by the time the phone lines opened. I remember calling in at 7 a.m. Phone lines were jammed immediately, so I kept calling and getting the busy signal. I eventually got through 40-something minutes later, then was on hold for I think another 40-something minutes, with my phone on speaker and mute while I was getting ready to head out in the morning. I confirmed a 5:30 p.m. reservation for the DLH buffet with a CM around 8:30 a.m. I checked the Disneyland Dining page later in the day and was really surprised to see quite a few dining times available, including my own 5:30 p.m. seating.

So back to your question -- it's certainly possible to get your desired reservation time even if you wake up at 5:30 a.m. I think the fact that now prepayment is required and there are no more AP discounts, which were new policies introduced last year, really cut down on the book-now-decide-later mentality that caused so many reservations to get snapped up whether or not families really had any firm plans to do the DLH buffet. It's a lot of money to be out while you get a headcount or decide whether to go or cancel.

I'll just have to see if I wake up. With stuff like this, I always wake up several times throughout the night, worried about it. Lol

With a reservation at 5:30, did you have any issues with having to wait a long period of time to be seated after you checked in?I've read that's a problem the later you get into the day which is why I was thinking 2-3.

The reservation placecard thingy is up! But when you click on it, someone ate the page. I'll be up for a bit so I'm going to keep checking to see if it comes online early (though I highly doubt it).

It's under Disneyland Hotel Thanksgiving. Not sure if it's for all or just the grand ballroom.

I'll just have to see if I wake up. With stuff like this, I always wake up several times throughout the night, worried about it. Lol

With a reservation at 5:30, did you have any issues with having to wait a long period of time to be seated after you checked in?I've read that's a problem the later you get into the day which is why I was thinking 2-3.

Last year? No! We checked in, and the CMs called our name to be seated in less than 10 minutes! Totally shocking because in previous years, we've waited from 25 minutes (tolerable) to over an hour and a half (so bad I fired off a nasty complaint to Disneyland). We always try to make the last seating of the day so we can make the meal a dinner.

The reservation placecard thingy is up! But when you click on it, someone ate the page. I'll be up for a bit so I'm going to keep checking to see if it comes online early (though I highly doubt it).

It's under Disneyland Hotel Thanksgiving. Not sure if it's for all or just the grand ballroom.

Disneyland Hotel Thanksgiving is the big buffet in the Grand Ballroom. I see the placeholder page is up with the search tool, but when you search it returns no tables available.

It's 3 a.m. and still no tables available for the Disneyland Hotel Thanksgiving, Storyteller Cafe, Goofy's Kitchen, or PCH Grill.

Storytellers at 1:05p for 2ppl is up. Looks like they are loading inventory?
Too bad I need 13

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter