Thanksgiving Day Football

In general, football games can be seen at ESPN, many of the lounges at the resorts or at DS.
I don't believe there is anywhere in the parks to watch any games.

Anyone know where I can watch the football games at the parks?
No, you won't find a place to watch the thanksgiving football games in the parks. I suppose you could try to watch them on a smart device though.

I guess I am in the minority but I can never understand why people that spend thousands of dollars to take a trip to WDW with their darling children would want to spend part of that bonding time watching football when they have seen thousands of games in their lifetime. Enjoy it while it lasts, they grow up awful fast.

If that one football game you want to see is like the just completed LSU-Alabama game, yeah, you want to see that football game. Great job, Joe Burreaux.

I guess I am in the minority but I can never understand why people that spend thousands of dollars to take a trip to WDW with their darling children would want to spend part of that bonding time watching football when they have seen thousands of games in their lifetime. Enjoy it while it lasts, they grow up awful fast.
Many people bond with their darling children over college football.

And I never understood why people care so much what they do with their vacation

My darling child doesn't like to miss games. We are missing 4 on this upcoming trip and had no idea LSU would be doing what they are doing when we booked it.

I have all 4 set to record to watch when we get home. We had a lot of discussion about it. We love football as much as we love Disney.

Hoping to catch the end of the Saints game when we get back to the room on Thanksgiving night.

Last edited:
Not everyone who goes to Disney World, go with children (like us). Also not everyone ( also like us) want to spend every waking moment in the parks.

I should have known that a post concerning watching football while at WDW would garner a lot of negative feedback. As a Canadian, and one whose two boys have zero interest in watching sports on T.V., I forgot that Americans treat football as a family bonding experience.

Enjoy the game. :)

And many of us are now adult children that still enjoy going to Disney World with older parents (all of whom enjoy football no matter where we are).

I should have known that a post concerning watching football while at WDW would garner a lot of negative feedback. As a Canadian, and one whose two boys have zero interest in watching sports on T.V., I forgot that Americans treat football as a family bonding experience.

Enjoy the game. :)
I wouldn't consider the responses as negative feedback, just a different perspective.

I do a lot of cruises (non-disney) and one of the threads that pop up every year, are Canadians (and Americans) asking about watching the playoffs and the Stanley Cup. I am not into hockey or even American football, but if someone wants to watch either while on vacation with our without their family so be it. It is only a few hours out of how many total hours that the vacation encompasses.

LOL what a silly thing to say. Not everyone goes to WDW with children. DH and I do not have children, so when we're there, we use the time watching football as a mid-day break. We have lunch, a drink, and relax. We plan this day as an Epcot day so we can walk over to ESPN Club easily, and then head back to Epcot when we're done. Since you're Canadian, you might relate it more to hockey.

OP - for ESPN Club at the Boardwalk, I would recommend getting there early. It does fill up quickly, but its a fun atmosphere to watch from. We've also watched from Splitsville at Disney Springs which seems less busy, but its a smaller bar area. Go Bills! ;)

Totally agree. I'm one of the biggest sports fans ever but I am skipping all games if I am in Disney with my family. I will be checking on the score but that is it.

WDW and basketball are the biggest bonding experiences in our family. We are huge Nets fans and one of our favorite WDW memories is sitting in ESPN Club watching Joe Harris win the three-point contest during the NBA All-Star weekend skills challenge this past February. ESPN is a big part of Disney, so putting sports and WDW together is pretty darn magical for our family.

WDW and basketball are the biggest bonding experiences in our family. We are huge Nets fans and one of our favorite WDW memories is sitting in ESPN Club watching Joe Harris win the three-point contest during the NBA All-Star weekend skills challenge this past February. ESPN is a big part of Disney, so putting sports and WDW together is pretty darn magical for our family.
Maybe the OP meant to say "we" instead of "I". The way it reads doesn't sound like a bonding type experience but if it is.....great!!

Maybe the OP meant to say "we" instead of "I". The way it reads doesn't sound like a bonding type experience but if it is.....great!!

And if its not, then to each their own. Not everyone who goes to WDW loves doing so. Sometimes dads and other like-minded people need an escape from theme parks, so I don't see why anyone would give someone grief over watching football for a couple hours. Sheesh.

Watching a Game at say,ESPN Club or Splitsville, is STILL in the "Disney Bubble",still a Vacation experience, and is a TOTALLY and MUCH different experience than watching at home! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!