Thanksgiving guests?

allaboutthemouse

DIS Veteran
Is it possible to have our family who is staying offsite come visit us for the day at the Fort to run the 5k and have Thanksgiving dinner with us at our site?
TIA! :thumbsup2

I don't think that's a problem. You can just drive in with them and then it's not going to be an issue or you can add them to your reservation (I don't remember offhand but I believe you can have 10 people on a campground reservation) and then they can drive themselves in.

Another method, OP, is that your family can get into the Fort past the guard if they tell him "We're here to see the Smith family in site #1614" (which you will have told them in advance). They can park in the day lot or down to your campsite if you have room.

Have a great Tgiving dinner. We did Thanksgiving with lots of family 10 years ago in loop 1500 (actually on the Saturday after Tgiving). Hosted 15 people and served a 20# turkey out of my pop-up camper.

You'll make some great family memories for everyone.

Have fun!

Bama Ed

PS - I bet the 5k is pretty informal. It may require sign-up in advance or day-of but your family can put down your site number (if required) since they will be your guests on that day.

On halloween my brother just gave the site number and my name , they let him in no problem or questions asked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!