Thanksgiving...what’s it like at DL?

Last year was pretty good...
(I wasn’t at the parks for thanksgiving day... I did the thanksgiving dinner at storytellers) but it was a little wet last year...:umbrella::boat:
Crowds were ok... thanksgiving wasn’t to bad (due to the rain) Friday was pretty packed l‘ve never seen it that full... (but still it was my most productive day ever at DL...), the weekend was very manageable...

I read some reports here that is was cold and rainy in 2019. Not sure if that's the norm or just a patch of bad weather...

(I wasn’t at the parks for thanksgiving day... I did the thanksgiving dinner at storytellers) but it was a little wet last year...

LOL @ a little wet. This last Thanksgiving it rained nonstop from before I woke up until 8 PM that night. Like another poster mentioned though, it is rare for such an intense storm as that especially at that time of year. We too went to Storyteller's for dinner that day and did get in some park time, especially after 6 PM that night. We were there for more than just Thanksgiving day. The rain didn't come in until Wednesday when it was off and on. Friday was sunny and wonderful, and that definitely brought the crowds. Overall, I think I liked the week better than the 2017 Thanksgiving when temperatures were above 90 for multiple days. That just wasn't very fun. We go for Thanksgiving each year. Crowds are comparable to spring break crowds, but the feeling is usually more festive if the weather cooperates.

We were there for Thanksgiving 2018. DL on Thanksgiving day, DCA on Friday and DL on Saturday.

Prior to 2018, I hadn't been to DL in 15+ years, so I don't know what "normal" crowds are, but we had what I would assume to be normal crowds on Thursday. Lines were ok, great with FP. We could easily move around the park.

Friday at DCA felt light to me, but certain lines were always super long. Incredicoaster was always 45-60, Soarin was always an hour, RSR was 90-120 minutes most of the time. We used FP though, so no problem.

Saturday was when it felt super busy. The lines were long at DL, FP were harder to come by, and there were just a lot of people. Not surprising. We took a break mid-day, and when we came back in the evening around dinner time, the crowds were much more manageable (and I was less tired and the weather had cooled down, all of which helped me be less cranky!)

Personally, I think it's a great time to go!

It was a rare winter storm. November is usually the sunniest month in southern California. Not warm, but sunny,
It was indeed an unusual weather event for DLR -- and it was forecast well in advance on network news, on social media, and here on this board. People really didn't have an excuse for not being prepared. It was a serious winter storm which hit DLR hard. (Rain,Thanksgiving day crowds, despite the rain, pics + park map offer) The day after Thanksgiving was beautiful and brought out the crowds who had been hiding the day before.

2018 was very hot......the concept to remember about thanksgiving is that it has no numerical date so jumps around the crowd calendar....2018 was great because it was very early into the year....creating another week in November that isn't available for 2020

also....most school districts close for the whole week of Thanksgiving.

It's crowded, but not as bad as Christmas. If you go, get reservations for dinner as soon as they open up. We went in 2019...it was pouring rain, which isn't terribly common, but I have gone the week of Thanksgiving several times and it's nearly always chillier than you might expect. Anyway, they don't really do much that's special for Thanksgiving specifically. It sort of jumps straight from Halloween to Christmas. But, some of the special foods for Thanksgiving are pretty amazing.

What is it like at Thanksgiving?
I can report when my family went to Disneyland for Thanksgiving one year, Thanksgiving day itself wasn't too bad, but got busier in the afternoon/evening.

The day after Thanksgiving - it was a madhouse, the line for space mountain was all the way out to Main Street.

Thanksgiving at Disneyland? Never again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter