That song which makes you cry...or???

xipotec

Grinning Ghosts
Disney song writing is an art in itself. Without it I doubt the animation would have the impact it can.

Which 3 songs are the ones that provoke the strongest emotional response.

Here are mine!
1. You'll be in my heart; Tarzan (especially since wife lost her Dad)
2. Reflections ; Mulan (most underrated song in Disney)
3. When you Wish upon a star. Cinderella (my personal up-lifting song!)

What are yours? Happy or sad? These are the ones that give me a lump in my throat.... My happy one I'll post in a bit!

When I hear the "Starlight starbright" chorus during Wishes, I always get choked up. Same applies at the end of every Voices of Liberty performance.

Little Wonders by Rob Thomas from Meet the Robinsons. Being adopted since I was 2months old. The song and the movie hold so much meaning.

1- fantasmic! - fantasmic show (specially at the end with the characters in the mark twain)
2- feed the birds - marry poppins (heartbreaking)
3- something there - beauty and the beast (this song along is a love story)

Yes, Wishes and Fantasmic for me definitely.

Also, You'll be in my heart.

'When she loved me' Jesse sings it in Toy Story, oooh boy that one gets me every time.:sad1:

Almost all the songs from Tangled make me happy! I love them!

'If I Never Knew You' from Pocahontas (it's from the 10th Anniversary version of the movie)

'When she loved me' Jesse sings it in Toy Story, oooh boy that one gets me every time.:sad1:

Almost all the songs from Tangled make me happy! I love them!

I agree, but I would include the song from Dumbo "Baby of mine"

1-"When She Loved Me" is my all time crying song. I've heard it hundreds of times, cry EVERY SINGLE TIME. It makes me think of DD growing up and not needing me anymore (Oh, geez, tearing up just writing this :sad:).

2- "I See the Light" from Tangled also makes me cry almost every time I hear it.

3- "Baroque Hoedown" from the Main Street Electrical parade just makes me smile when I hear it. It is so Disney to me!!

Disney song writing is an art in itself. Without it I doubt the animation would have the impact it can.

Which 3 songs are the ones that provoke the strongest emotional response.

Here are mine!
1. You'll be in my heart; Tarzan (especially since wife lost her Dad)
2. Reflections ; Mulan (most underrated song in Disney)
3. When you Wish upon a star. Cinderella (my personal up-lifting song!)

What are yours? Happy or sad? These are the ones that give me a lump in my throat.... My happy one I'll post in a bit!

Nooooo, When You Wish Upon A Star is from Pinocchio, not Cinderella!!! ;-)

Love the song, though. And I also agree with the When She Loved Me-song from the movie Toy Story 2.

I didn't even think of When She Loved Me. That scene is almost as tough as the beginning of Up. My wife and I went to WDW in Sept for the first time in a few years and I hadn't heard the song they play during Celebrate the Magic, but that song really captured what I admire about Walt. The way that he literally created a world to bring magic to people.

I downloaded the Frozen soundtrack, and "Do You Want To Build A Snowman" already makes me cry- I haven't even seen the movie yet!! DD and DH are gonna laugh at me when we go see it, because I will be sobbing through quite a few scenes, I'm sure... :sad:

I downloaded the Frozen soundtrack, and "Do You Want To Build A Snowman" already makes me cry- I haven't even seen the movie yet!! DD and DH are gonna laugh at me when we go see it, because I will be sobbing through quite a few scenes, I'm sure... :sad:

This is me! Haha ds and Dh are always laughing at me for crying during a cartoon. And if you are already crying during that song, break out the tissues when you see it in the movie theatre bc I sobbed like an infant. Most recently, that's the one that makes me cry. But...

Jessie singing "when she loved me" in Toy Story 2 gets me every time.
"Baby Mine" from Dumbo...
Also the "see the light" song from Tangled... (But not as much as Jessie's song. That's my #1 cry fest song.)

This is me! Haha ds and Dh are always laughing at me for crying during a cartoon. And if you are already crying during that song, break out the tissues when you see it in the movie theatre bc I sobbed like an infant. Most recently, that's the one that makes me cry. But...

Jessie singing "when she loved me" in Toy Story 2 gets me every time.
"Baby Mine" from Dumbo...
Also the "see the light" song from Tangled... (But not as much as Jessie's song. That's my #1 cry fest song.)

We are so alike! Those songs make me cry, too- and in the same order. DD is a sophomore in HS, and with all the early college emails coming in, lately everything having to do with kids growing up and away from their parents makes me tear up. She told me when she goes off to college in 2 years, she thinks I'll be a total basket case. I know I will be!! :sad:

When She Loved Me doesn't just make me cry, it turns me into a bawling mess and a full on days depression. It makes me feel horrible and guilty and sad and like I should just go down and apologize to all my dolls and then cry about the ones I don't have any longer.

(No songs but Toy Story 3 and Up also make me cry so hard that I won't watch them again, though I think Up was probably really good, I just missed most of it due to the sobbing.)

When She Loved Me doesn't just make me cry, it turns me into a bawling mess and a full on days depression. It makes me feel horrible and guilty and sad and like I should just go down and apologize to all my dolls and then cry about the ones I don't have any longer. (No songs but Toy Story 3 and Up also make me cry so hard that I won't watch them again, though I think Up was probably really good, I just missed most of it due to the sobbing.)

Lol- apologize to your dolls!!! sorry I brought it up! But I know what you mean... I feel guilty too sometimes. Even thought that doesn't make any sense. Haha

And yeah TS3 & Up make me cry too. I just had the same convo w my brother about Up after I teared up telling him about "do you wanna build a snowman" scene in Frozen. Haha "meet the Robinsons" is sad too. Again, getting off topic though... Hehe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter