The $6,688.00 Disney World Trip - It's a wrap 6/30, Has it really been a year? 3/2 Link to new TR 4/18

Good one! :thumbsup2

That's great!
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that I'll get the shot before I get the virus.

How are they rolling it out up there? In California now everyone 16 and older is eligible.

Can't wait. :)

I've been slowed down a bit, by trying to write a TR, now that we are going again.

Whoa. Yeah, you earned your exhaustion.

And again last night I was overcome with exhaustion, no idea why.

I thought you guys might go! Yay!!

Yay! New TR coming up soon!

I vary. I definitely won't do 20 unless there's a detail that I want to see or something. But... too much effort for a puzzle that's done in a minute. I sometimes look for short ones, like your 35-63 range. Other times I want around 100-180. But not much more than that. I don't have that kind of time.

I do the shorter ones in the car. I hate having to pause the puzzle cause it adds a lot of time to the overall time. When I'm watching the news in the morning, I'll do the larger ones like 88 to 120. Those usually take me 17 to 40 minutes.

:( Sorry to hear that. Hope she feels better, quickly.

It was just a one day thing. She's pretty much better.

Me neither... unless I've worked the night shift, of course.

Yeah, I get that. I never work the night shift! :laughing:

:laughing:
I can just see it...
Alison looks up from her puzzle and shouts. "Fran! Stop!"
The car skids to a stop, throwing up sand from the tires as the car almost crashes into the water."
A man runs up. "Are you ladies all right?"
"I think so. That gave me quite a fright! I certainly wouldn't want to drive straight into the Pacific!" Alison replies.
The man stares for a second, then says. "Uh... ma'am? That's the Atlantic ocean."

Cute.....

No, it works more like this....

Alison looks up, "didn't you mean to turn on that street?"
Fran, "Sorry, I was listening to the book!"
Makes U-turn.
Alison resumes puzzling....looks up after finishing puzzle, "Where are you going?"
"Oh shoot! I was listening to the book."
An hour later we turn off the book and arrive at our destination.

Oh! Then even more special! :)

Pretty much.

I need to get back to telling you my wish list. :laughing:

I've got the document saved in my Google docs and I haven't pulled it up in a while.

BTW we did outdoor dining at Dale's a week or two ago, we had their world famous burgers and milkshakes!

Sounds familiar. Glad you rented it!

Me too!

Excellent! I'm glad you were able to get vaccinated. One step closer to the end...

Yup. While I don't hold a ton of weight to it, Fran has given the go ahead for us to begin going out for dinner now that we are vaccinated, so I'm down with that. Plus Disney!

I wish that was all that was in my garage. I think my kids have been using it as their personal trash can.

Oh, that's not all that was in there, that's just the stuff we got rid of. The garage is still stacked to the ceiling and at least halfway full.

Awesome! Can't wait to hear about it!

Can't wait to experience it. Even if it will be different!

It's been such a long wait. Hey, remember when I said we were looking at 2021 for Disneyland?

....maybe 2022 now.

Probably better, they'll allow people from out of state by then. We'll make it happen, and it will be awesome!

This is great!!!

It's a big weight off of me to know that Fran has something else to help her against the virus. Me, I don't normally get the flu shot, but I did it for her.

What a great feeling though to de-clutter and be free of some unneeded stuff. :yes:

Well, I wouldn't say we are de-cluttered, however, there is a small walkway in our garage and some of the stuff we wanted to put in there is in place.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I"m so, so, so happy for you!! And I already saw some photos on FB, so know you did. Just so tickled for you. :)

Well, haven't been yet, but Jenny is getting excited about having plans.

I hate having to pause the puzzle cause it adds a lot of time to the overall time.
Oh! I wasn't aware of that.
I'll do the larger ones like 88 to 120. Those usually take me 17 to 40 minutes.
That's probably around the time it takes me, too.
It was just a one day thing. She's pretty much better.
Good. :)
Alison looks up, "didn't you mean to turn on that street?"
Fran, "Sorry, I was listening to the book!"
Makes U-turn.
Alison resumes puzzling....looks up after finishing puzzle, "Where are you going?"
"Oh shoot! I was listening to the book."
An hour later we turn off the book and arrive at our destination.
... which was only 3 blocks away to begin with.

I've got the document saved in my Google docs and I haven't pulled it up in a while.
I wonder what's on there? Lord knows I don't remember!
BTW we did outdoor dining at Dale's a week or two ago, we had their world famous burgers and milkshakes!
Nice. I made burgers here tonight.
So which will be first, lowering the age limit or your birthday.... I hope not the birthday! :rolleyes1
Lowering the age! My sister texted me that my mom had just yelled that the age went down. I quickly went online and booked. My first shot is on Thursday. :)
Well, I'm all caught up on replies! Now I just need to finish the first chapter! Pics are all uploaded!
Yuss!

That's probably around the time it takes me, too.

Yeah, but you're doing the 100 to 180 piece puzzles.

... which was only 3 blocks away to begin with.

Well in all honesty it takes about 10 blocks to even get out of our neighborhood.

I wonder what's on there? Lord knows I don't remember!

Get a peach pie at Polly's pies
Ride Space Mountain
Burgers and Milkshakes at Dales
Get Oysters and Clam Chowder at King's with Liesa
Whoopie Pie
Eat something with Dates
Shabu Shabu
Visit Knead

Nice. I made burgers here tonight

We had Fettucine with spinach, bacon and three cheeses.

Lowering the age! My sister texted me that my mom had just yelled that the age went down. I quickly went online and booked. My first shot is on Thursday. :)

Yay! :banana:

Yeah, but you're doing the 100 to 180 piece puzzles.
No I meant the 80-120. About 15-20 minutes.
Get a peach pie at Polly's pies
Ride Space Mountain
Burgers and Milkshakes at Dales
Get Oysters and Clam Chowder at King's with Liesa
Whoopie Pie
Eat something with Dates
Shabu Shabu
Visit Knead
Well... don’t I feel all demand-y. :blush:
We had Fettucine with spinach, bacon and three cheeses.
Not a spinach fan. But the rest sounds good. :)

Then Fran signed up for a Covid shot, I went along for moral support and whadda ya know, they poked me in the arm too! We got our second shots about 10 days ago so, this week we will be fully vaccinated and I plan to celebrate by dining inside at Shabu Shabu!

Yay!! Not so patiently waiting up here...your Shabu looked sooo yummy!

The cookbook is well on it's way to completion.

Yay, you've put so much work into it!

Park reservations opened up this morning and I was able to snag a dozen different dates over the next two months including opening day!

:jumping1:

I think I will be starting a new Trip Report on the DL boards

Ya you will!! Can't wait!

I'm not a huge fan of Matzo balls, but if they're there I'll eat them.

are they kinda like dumplings?

My mom never understood free. We used to love to go wine tasting when it was free. She was always like, "I can drink wine at home, why would I go out?" I would tell her it was free, and she wouldn't get it.

I don't think we experienced free much earlier on, but facebook, community events, wine tasting- lots more free out there now it feels like

Wontons are smaller and usually fried, unless they're in soup.

MMmmm my MIL makes the best fried wontons- sooo good!

Hey folks! Well it looks like I fell off the planet again for over a month, but a heck of a lot has been going on here!

You remember that we had a vacant apartment in the beginning of March? Well about halfway through the month a tenant came along, and needed to sign papers either the day they got approved or couldn't do it for another week (based on work schedule). So we got it done with the promise that when they moved in (after her 5 days of 12 hour shifts) we would have the last bits of work done (smoke alarms, replacing light fixtures etc.)

Then Fran signed up for a Covid shot, I went along for moral support and whadda ya know, they poked me in the arm too! We got our second shots about 10 days ago so, this week we will be fully vaccinated and I plan to celebrate by dining inside at Shabu Shabu!

I'm not exactly sure what else has been keeping me busy, eBay is awful slow. The cookbook is well on it's way to completion. It's all written and now it's down to formatting the pages of the print version. Also still proofing the online version as well. We are cleaning out the garage, and that is exhausting. So far we have given away a dryer, a generator (didn't work), a box of random cords, a pedestal, and some other minor things. We've also made several trips to the thrift store. We have rearranged one of our storage units so that we can put more of the garage stuff we want to keep in there, also exhausting.

But the big news is this:

party:party:
We're going to Disneyland! party:party:

Park reservations opened up this morning and I was able to snag a dozen different dates over the next two months including opening day!

I'll be back to reply to your posts, but I wanted to let you know that I'm still alive and kicking, just busy as heck and trying to hang in there. I think I will be starting a new Trip Report on the DL boards, so I will send a link to that when I get it up and running. It might not be until after the weekend of the 1st since I've got big plans for that entire weekend! So excited that Disney is part of those plans!

Anyways, just coming up for air and hope to be back for replies soon!

That is amazing!!! Woo!

Ha! I like the way you say "managed" to stay busy. I had no choice. I didn't mention how my life has been impacted by not having a house elf anymore. :rolleyes1
I can only imagine!! I know a lot of folks are just super bored and have no idea what to fill their time with and just sit around all day and watch TV.
I didn't even realize that we were headed to Hemet until a day or two before! She likes to spring these things on me!
I have gotten that feeling before. But keeps you on your toes! ;)

I just read this report. I wanted to see how you liked Riveria. We're staying there for five nights in Feb. Followed by two nights at SSR. We don't own points so we rented for the first time. DH is a HUGE Star Wars fan so he wanted to stay some place he could hop on the Skyliner. I'll be renting a scooter for the first time. He wants to rent it at the parks and I want to have it at the resort. We'll have to see who wins that argument.

Loved the kitty pics. We have a bunch of cats. Too many.

I'm so glad I didn't have anything in my mouth when I saw the pic of Fran cutting the onions. Also I'm at work. Wouldn't want to explain why the keyboard was all wet.

Any plans now to go back to WDW? I'm off to read your current TR. :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!