The 999'th Haunt stole my bra Completed 7-20, Final thoughts added 8-20

Wow you're cranking out the updates! I need to move on mine :o

Yeah we're not very accomplished selfy takers.
:laughing: Yours are fine, I am the WORST selfie taker in the world!

I hung up the cheap stockings I bought from Goodwill last January for 70 cents. A little Christmas décor for the holiday
So cute! If we ever go around Xmas I will definitely put up some decorations in our room.

Each family had an unopened box with a stroller in it. This puzzled me as I couldn’t understand why they would be hauling these into the park like that. To my amazement once on the tram the family of 4 sitting in front of us opened up their box and proceeded to put the stroller together. I’ll be danged if they didn’t have it put together well before we stopped and disembarked.
Um, that's weird....................

Really I'm not groping him. LOL
:rotfl2:

I just love the fireworks on the ceiling at the end of this ride
My favorite part of the ride! I know some people just avoid the ride altogether but I ride it just for this reason.

Next we were off to the Outpost in search of a Warm Caramel-Stuffed Salted Pretzel with Soft-Serve Ice Cream and Chocolate Sauce – $6.49. I walked up to the counter and asked the CM if this is where I could find this pretzel. After he said yes I started to say I would like one and changed it to I HAVE try it. He laughed and went and made me one. While he was gone I put my $ on the counter and patiently waited for him to return with my fantasy of a pretzel. He came back saw my money pushed it back to me and said it was on Mickey today. Awesome got me some Pixie Dust.
This looks delicious, disappointing to hear it wasn't great! But pretty cool that you got it "on Mickey" :)

Looks like Santa was willing to wait in stand by for Whoopi.
lol :santa:

lil balls
Loving the title already....

img_20171201_153909287-jpg.292353
OMG, I think we would get along oh so well!

The only complaint is how small the 3 Lamb meatballs were for $7. ( I had to laugh when looking at my notes and this is what I wrote “Lamb Cafta good but horrible value for only 3 lil balls)”

img_20171201_153542981_hdr-jpg.292355
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Seriously crying here. Of course you know balls when photographed look much smaller than they actually are, because shrinkage :P

Once over to the other PP photographer we told him that we lost our direction on how to make a snow angel. He blushed a little and wasn’t sure about telling us the answer. He hesitantly told us that to make a snow angel you have to kill a snow man first.:littleangel: :lmao: Oh poor Olaf.
Poor olaf indeed. And totally telling this joke to Casey!

Yay an upcoming trip. :yay: Will you be staying on property?

Yup, I’ll be staying at POR. I stayed one night post-cruise a couple years ago and vowed that my next Disney visit I’d book this resort. It’s such a beautiful property. I even splurged for the Royal Room :cloud9:

We stopped in Marrietta Ga. for lunch. We wanted to try a place that was on Diners Drive Ins and Dives the Marietta Diner.

How was it?
Love stopping at DDD places.

It registered slightly low so he added a little since we had some in the trunk. That must have been the answer because we never had any more issues with it the rest of our trip.

Really! I would've thought just a little bit of oil wouldn't be enough to set it off.

But when your going over 80mph and weaving between cars and driving on the white line I'm calling it as I see it a suicidal crotch rocket.

:sad2:

So please be save and wear a helmet. Pls Pls Pls. I'm looking at you @pkondz

I wear a full face helmet (I like my face where it is, thanks) and drive defensively.
I am very glad I didn't start riding until later in life. They should not allow anyone under the age of 30 to ride.
Just.... too stupid at that age.

I have been very good about avoiding any videos and most pictures of it here on the Dis, as I didn't want to spoil it.

I did the same

Todays temperatures had an expected high of 78F. I was so happy for these temps. The last time we were here Mark got very irritable with the heat in the 90's and we left the park after just a few hours to head back to AKL pool.

How'dja like to be there now? With freezing temps?

I love Indy but believe it or not I'm allergic to the cold and will break out in hives if my skin gets too cold. Even slipping under cold sheets will make me itch.

Really!
Will you move south, then?

It seems that you have to order MM 3 days in advance.

D'oh!

I thought is was cute and had to take a picture that the interactive que recognized him, he wasn't aware that some of the que's did this.

I didn't know they did that!!

Sorry IMO Disney coasters just can't compete with the thrill of the coasters at Cedar Point in Sandusky OH. Love me a great thrilling coaster.

Been there.
While Cedar Point are more classic (and bigger), I like the theming that Disney does.

After our 2013 trip to Europe we now try to get pictures of Mark peaking out from various/neat doors. Here he is peaking around the Yak & Yeti door.

Nice idea! :)

We happened across the Gibbons playing

I enjoyed hearing them play.
I still like How Deep Is Your Love and Stayin' Alive.

Oh... wait... you said gibbons... not "Gibbs".

That looks tasty.

We were off to ride on the Navi river with our last FP. This was a pretty ride but I felt sorry for all of the people in the sb line waiting over an hour to ride it.

It's a Small Moon. Not worth standing in line an hour for... but worth seeing.

We walked around and took several pictures of Pandora at night.

Cool place, right??

we want to bring battery powered Christmas lights to hang on our balcony

Saw a few places decorated. Kinda wished I'd thought to do that.

3:45pm ressy at 50’s Primetime Diner (my mouth was watering for their Fired Chicken

::yes::

One of my goals this trip was to meet Miss Sassy (no) pants herself. It’s the little things.

:laughing:

they should make you go through metal detectors at all of the parks. Not sure why you don’t at AK.

Because there they have a deterrent. If you're caught with something, they toss you in with the tiger.

and some of the not so good ones. AKWARD!!!!

epcot_igfrlowbridgeicon_20171201_406795425642-jpg.289841

But alas they have disconnected the phones.

Oh? Hadn't heard that. Shame.

Really I'm not groping him. LOL

epcot_wsmex_20171201_406798564282-jpg.291366

Not sure why we thought we had to bend over LOL.

To be at eye level? Fit under his hat?

Next we were off to the Outpost in search of a Warm Caramel-Stuffed Salted Pretzel with Soft-Serve Ice Cream and Chocolate Sauce – $6.49.

I never heard of that! Is it seasonal?

He came back saw my money pushed it back to me and said it was on Mickey today. Awesome got me some Pixie Dust.

Nice!

Germany was up next and we had really wanted to try the Cheese fondue in a Bread bowl

Wow that sounds good too.

When I left for the restroom there had been a big white pill on the concrete that looked like an Acetaminophen (hope I’m correct with my guess). A family walked by and a little boy (maybe 5ish) picked it up showed it to his dad and then popped it into his mouth. Dad saw this and did nothing and they kept walking on. Really:earseek: I would have been freaking out.

What in the hell?????

"As the young boy begins to have seizures and bleed from the eyes, the dad looks on and wonders if maybe he should've parented."

He hesitantly told us that to make a snow angel you have to kill a snow man first.:littleangel: :lmao: Oh poor Olaf.

:lmao:

And... Bam! All caught up.

Loving it!
Thanks and :welcome:.

What a fun afternoon- but you're right- those meatballs look really small!
just a wee bit lil.

OMG, I think we would get along oh so well!
If we're ever there at the same time we def. have to do a Dis meet.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Seriously crying here. Of course you know balls when photographed look much smaller than they actually are, because shrinkage :P
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Yup, I’ll be staying at POR. I stayed one night post-cruise a couple years ago and vowed that my next Disney visit I’d book this resort. It’s such a beautiful property. I even splurged for the Royal Room :cloud9:
Yay POR is so beautiful. I love the easy access to DS. We really enjoyed their main pool too.

How was it?
Love stopping at DDD places.
:welcome:YAY:wave: your here. The menu was huge with lot's of choices many very unique. I chose something that ended up being too greasy for me, but only because I cut down on my fried food intake a few yr's back and I just didn't use good judgment. Marks lunch was very good though.

I wear a full face helmet (I like my face where it is, thanks) and drive defensively.
I am very glad I didn't start riding until later in life. They should not allow anyone under the age of 30 to ride.
Just.... too stupid at that age.
So happy to hear about the helmet and so agree on the age limit.

How'dja like to be there now? With freezing temps?
I know right. I've been feeling bad for all of our fellow Dissers that have been there in the cold.

Really!
Will you move south, then?
Hopefully once I retire....so that's forever away.

While Cedar Point are more classic (and bigger), I like the theming that Disney does.
Yes the theming is excellent.

Oh... wait... you said gibbons... not "Gibbs".
:rotfl2:

That looks tasty.
It was and Mark let me eat most of it. I think he just wanted me to have food in my belly with the wine. ::yes::

Cool place, right??
Loved it.

Because there they have a deterrent. If you're caught with something, they toss you in with the tiger.
:tigger:

I never heard of that! Is it seasonal?
Yes it was part of the Fesitval of the Holidays food booths.

"As the young boy begins to have seizures and bleed from the eyes, the dad looks on and wonders if maybe he should've parented."
So hard to believe he didn't even react to it. :scared1:

Funny picture! I'm blaming the sombrero on why you both bent over! :)
I like this excuse. Hope your thawed out from your most recent trip. :cold:

Just read all your updates and am all caught up now!
Your AK evening looked very nice; EE in the front row is the best. I can't believe the CM working the parking booth tried to use a bottle of water and a map as an extra incentive to park preferred. Really? :rotfl2:

Assembling a stroller on the Friendship Boat...that's a new one.
Guess it goes right along with a young kid popping a random pill in his mouth.:eek:

I was so disappointed when they disconnected the phones in the booths!

Your PP pictures from Epcot turned out great.
Looking forward to reading about your DHS evening.

Caught up only to page 2 but saying hi and will catch up later!

We always stop at Exit 18, Valdosta, to switch drivers, get gas, and a potty break. It's exactly halfway (3 hours) for us. I LOVE cheddars! We don't have many of them around where I live now but I went to school for 7 years in Macon, Georgia and we had a cheddar's there. It's so good and so stinking cheap! When I was in college I think their signature cocktail was about $4... can't find that price anywhere now!

I'm only doing this for food as I'd be embarrassed for you all to see all the $ spent on alcohol.
Ha! You're in good company. I spend a fortune too but it's so worth it to enjoy the experience!

All caught up now. Looks like so much fun at the Holiday Festival! You are lucky to have a partner in crime who will stop for all those photos. My fiancé will begrudgingly stop for one or two but almost never for characters (though he is sweet enough to offer when he sees a short line).

I love the Coco magic shots! Did you ever get to see the film? It's soooo good. I think we will have to look to see if that photo op is still there.

Agreed with previous posters that Character Warehouse is hit or miss. I hope we have a chance to stop by on our next trip as I usually purchase the theme parks attractions calendar there for about 75% off. Other than that we usually just find the odd trinket or occasional shirt. More often than not it's junk we don't want haha.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

I'm all caught up and joining in! What a fun little adventure you and your hubs had. I'm excited to hear how your night at DHS was! Update soon! :mickeyjum

It's so good and so stinking cheap!
:wave2: Happy to have you here. I think it had been 15 yr's since I had last ate at a Cheddars. I don't remember them being so cheap back then, but I was pleasantly surprised.

You are lucky to have a partner in crime who will stop for all those photos. My fiancé will begrudgingly stop for one or two but almost never for characters (though he is sweet enough to offer when he sees a short line).
Yes he enjoys being very silly. He actually get's more excited about the character M&G than I do.

I love the Coco magic shots! Did you ever get to see the film? It's soooo good. I think we will have to look to see if that photo op is still there
The last movie I saw in a theater was Disney animated 3d Christmas Carol with Jim Carry. We wait for movies to come out on DVD so haven't seen Coco yet. I'm sure the Magic shot will be around for some time as the movie seems to be doing so well.

I'm all caught up and joining in! What a fun little adventure you and your hubs had. I'm excited to hear how your night at DHS was!
Hi Timmy :welcome:so glad you found my TR. DHS coming up next.

Super Day-Super Moon Fri Dec 1’st
part 4
DHS and no Beer????

IMG_20171201_164511127_HDR.jpg

We arrived back to the studios as the sun was getting ready to set and it was just beautiful. I loved the Christmas decorations on Hollywood Blvd. We got in line for a PP and waited awhile for her to finish up with the folks in front of us. It was here that I saw a @natebenma with few other ladies posing for this PP photographer. But after getting back on the boards I don't think she was at the World at this time. A couple of guys brought the photographer a tripod for her camera and it took probably another 5 minutes to get everything set up. We didn’t mind as it gave us time to soak up the atmosphere and the sky colors were becoming more beautiful with every passing minute. When we were done she thanked us for our patients and I responded with it gave us a prettier sky for a back drop. She beamed out a huge smile and seemed so thankful for that.

STUDIO_HBFIVEDM_20171201_406807702260.jpg STUDIO_HBFIVEDM_20171201_406807702275.jpg
For any of you that were following my Pre TR this is one of the shirts I got from the Disney app. Oh and Yah I finally remembered my Minnie ears. I had forgotten them in the car this morning when we got out to go to Epcot.

Tonight was the night of the Super Moon and I wanted to get some pictures with it behind the Christmas tree in Echo Lake. Too bad the lights weren’t on yet, but later when they would be on the moon would be out view in the pictures.
IMG_20171201_173347815_HDR.jpg
IMG_20171201_173544348.jpg IMG_20171201_173548242.jpg

FP’s for the day were, because I was using Marks MB I was able to schedule these FP close together time wise.
5:40-6:40 TSM
5:55-6:55 Star Tours
6:50-7:50 TOT
6:55-7:55 RR

We were off to find Toy Story Mania for my FP and of course we got lost. Why do we always get lost here, this park is so small but we always have a hard time finding Pixar Place? The last time we couldn’t find Mama Melrose’s. This was my first time on TSM, it was cute even if it was extremely loud in the que.

After TSM we got lost trying to find Star Tours. We found it before my FP window closed and I left Mark to Watch the Jedi training. As I got up to the Mickey MB reader I realize I don’t have Marks MB (for his FP) so I go out to get it from him. It hadn’t been more than 45 seconds and he wasn’t where I left him. Drats so I call him and no answer. As I walked around trying to find him I see that Olaf has a M&G nearby with only a 5 minute wait. I found Mark quickly thankfully and told him about the Olaf M&G since he is a big fan. He didn’t want to do the Olaf M&G w/o me. I enjoyed my ride in outer space, but my stellar travel took longer than expected and by the time I got out Olaf’s M&G had gone up to 30 minutes. No time to wait as I had FP’s for TOT & RR on the other side of the park and who knew how many more times we would get lost.

IMG_20171201_180834912.jpg

As we passed by Echo Lake there was a PP and Mark wanted to stop. STUDIO_ECHOLAKE4_20171201_406810271302.jpg STUDIO_ECHOLAKE4_20171201_406810271303.jpg
Pictures done it was time to get over to Sunset Blvd. I get us over there quickly weaving in between people on the way. Mark hates it when I do this so once we hit the masses on Sunset Blvd I let him take the lead. After literally getting nowhere for the first minute he turns and looks at me and says something I can’t hear. I then step off the sidewalk he is on and start walking in between folks on the street and get us to the end of the blvd. Once at the end I can see the building but not the entrance, so I had to ask a CM. I think since I was here last they have built some walls. I thought you could see RR entrance from TOT and vise versa, not anymore. I left Mark out on Sunset Blvd to absorb the atmosphere with all of the animated billboards and crowds.

Continued in next post

Last edited:
I had previously rode TOT once. On my last visit the belt wouldn’t fasten and I couldn’t get the CM’s attention before they started the ride, so I tried to tie it in a knot and hold on for dear live. I will say that it is terrorizing not knowing what is going to happen and afraid you’re going to fly out of your seat. This time it was so much more relaxed and I could raise my arms in the air. I liked it a lot more this time around.
STUDIO_TOWEROFTERRORARIDE_20171202_8136224475.jpeg
Everybody's faces in this photo crack me up, except the poor guy behind me who's hidden behind my hand. Sorry about that dude. The little girls behind me and two down are sisters and were mentally challenged. I thought they would be screaming the entire time, but oh no they giggled the whole time. Still brings tears to my eyes when I think about it.:sad:

After barely surviving an out of control elevator it was time to go to an Aerosmith concert. Had I known we would be running late for this concert I might have said later but as a fan I couldn’t let the band down and got in the limo they provided. Upon returning to Mark I told him how much I enjoyed the rides but that next time I’d probably skip RR as it is so jerky it hurt my neck. He said that’s what I said the last time. Funny I didn’t remember that. I’ll have to remember it next time and save the fp for another ride. Of my FP’s all week these 4 were the longest waits.
STUDIO_ROCKNRCOASTERRIDE_20171202_8136235665.jpeg

While riding these rides Mark got an Ice Cream cone and enjoyed the snoap that was falling. As we walked back down Sunset Blvd I was able to enjoy the atmosphere at a slower pace and we stopped for some pp with the snoap falling. I wish I had planned to spend more time here as it was a great atmosphere even if it was packed. I felt that I literally ran to the rides and then we quickly left to see JBJB. We did stop for some PP on the way with the snoap falling.
STUDIO_SUNSETROCK_20171202_406812205759.jpg

and a silly selfie
IMG_20171201_184634181.jpg

We eventually make it through the crowd and back to Sunset blvd and find a spot in front of the Chinese theater to watch Jingle Bell Jingle Bam. We got a good spot center of the stage and back around the projection booths and back a little closer to where that area meets Sunset blvd.

We still had about ½ hr before the show and I needed something to eat. I leave Mark to save our spots and I walk over to Min and Bills but the line was awfully long and I wasn’t going to stand in it. Later on I remembered I could have done online ordering, ugh doh. I also realize Mark had all of my cash I had left with him while I rode the rides. I get back to Mark and get some $ and go stand in the huge line for the popcorn stand. After about 10 minutes, it’s my turn and I order a Mickey Pretzel w/ cheese and head back to Mark to enjoy it. I offered to share it with him because it was huge but he didn’t want any. I ended up eating the entire thing by myself. I was under the assumption that there were beer carts all over DHS and I kept looking but didn't see any. :confused3 Either I'm blind or I was mistaken. I sure would have enjoyed a beer while watching JBJB. Mark wasn't going to drink anyway since he had to drive. Shortly JBJB started. It was a cute show but I think many of the projections are a waste of time as they really don’t pertain to Christmas. This ended up being Marks favorite night time show of the whole week. He was even bragging on it at our family Christmas dinner. I really enjoyed the fireworks.

After JBJB we started to head out of the park since it was closed and stopped on the blvd for more pp photo’s.
STUDIO_HBFIVEDM_20171202_406813317374.jpg

I was amazed at everybody's good spirits heading out of the cramped park.

We were on a tram quickly enough and out to our car. Once in the car we ordered a pizza for pick up from Giordano’s near our condo. It took some time to get through the traffic :car:of DHS parking lot but we finally made it out and to Giordano’s in about 35 minutes. Took the pizza to the condo and enjoyed it with the last of our Heinekens. I say enjoyed but between the 2 of us I don't think we ate more than 4 pieces. I was still full from the pretzel and I guess Mark wasn’t as hungry as he thought. After the pizza I jumped in the shower and then I fell fast asleep.

Tomorrow we’ll visit family on the coast and then check into POFQ. :jumping1:

You're right that waiting for that first PP photographer made for a really pretty sky!

Nice you got some fun rides in, but still had time to enjoy some of the magic.

DHS is the only park I sometimes still get lost in, too. Especially getting over to TSMM. There's something about the layout that's just not very intuitive. The other parks really make use of that great layout of using a circle around a central icon, even Epcot to an extent is kinda like this. DHS is a bit confusing to me.

You all had a productive evening at HS, love all your pictures, it was so busy the evening we were there and I was so tired so it was nice to see your take on the Christmas activities and all your great pictures!
I can’t do RnRC to rough for me. I felt like my neck was going to snap off, lol! Love ToT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!