The ABCs of a New 'Ohana Adventure-G is for: Greetings From Teppan, Good-Byes, and Good News!!! - COMPLETED 1/7

I think the longest standing readers I have are @franandaj , @glennbo123 , @Captain_Oblivious and @irene_dsc
You do!!! And as I told Magdalene, I was SURE I'd inadvertently miss a few! :( If @jordanyoshi was still here, he'd have been mentioned, and @winkers and @englishrose47. and @Poolrat and @GoofyFan1515 . So many wonderful friends I've made along the way!

FINALLY!!!! I can say I am IN and all caught up ! I hate that I I always seem to be so far behind but with busy season finally over ( now that I had one ) and some down time before the next one I hope to stay caught up for a bit.

Love all the DL pics and looking forward to the WDW trip.

"I just sat in POTC skank water, but may I have the dark napkin please?"
:lmao:
Well, thanks. That's a lot coming from a master.
Oh, pishaw.
:goodvibes
Not at all. It does cause one to give pause to decorum.
:snooty:
Yes, and let's do it again sometime!
::yes:: I'd love to!
(Also figured, three emojis in a row was enough.)
They were a bit steep for myself too for that design. Still want the Rancor Flight though.
Whoa!
;) You know me well....
We've dined together... what? 2-3 times now?
Twice on that trip, at least.
Uh, er... ummm, yeah.
Plus, it makes one really want to be in the moment.
Yes, absolutely. It's a rare
(well, maybe not so rare for you now)
event that demands attention.
I thought you'd be completely wowed by that. :)
I was!!!
And sadly forgot the other half at Alison's. I hope they (@franandaj ) enjoyed it!
Or the cats did!
Thanks... tried to be a big fancy pants.
:rotfl:
I was particularly proud of that one.
You should be!
I'm sure she'd be delighted.
Well, someone would be.

ahem...
OH!! That does sound fun!! Love it!
::yes::
LOL!! The princesses do tend to suck up the atttention, don't they? Haha!
Yep. Hard to think of 1. A popular male figure who's 2. Not a villain!
PP? So a tight's kind of guy?
See previous comment.

Wow what a meal !
Hmmmmm 20s - tour guide for backstage tours like keys to the kingdom or undiscovered future world .
now - something indoors : ) - something where I could spread pixie dust and don’t have to deal with rude guests. I am not sure that job exists. Maybe a character attendant ?
It was definitely delicious and very beautiful. :)

I think tour guiding would be so fantastic. I love to meet new people and see them having fun!

Yeah... .more and more, rude seems to be the new norm.

Reactions: DLo
Aw...if ever there was a place to do it.

There were other folks in the foyer.

Wasn't gonna happen.
Gotta admit, that looks pretty cool.

Whimsical yet spooky, exactly what the HM is!

I'm sure. That looked like a very long menu.

Even with only 3 choices per course, it was hard to choose!

Well, the dream job would be as an Imagineer. That would be so cool.

Yeah I can see that. I'd love to be a decorator for the window displays or an entire attraction. Kinda Imagineering, but.... not.

I think I'd have fun interacting with guests--not as a face character where I had to behave a certain way, but more as a Jungle Cruise skipper or someone out in front of an attraction, where I could use the theme to mess around with kids and other guests. That would be a lot of fun. And someone else could deal with the entitled people.
I can totally see you as a Skipper! And just when the guests get rude or ridiculous, you can kick them off the boat.

How amazing to experience Club 33 during the Haunted Mansion celebration on top of it! What a great group to enjoy dinner with.

It was an evening of perfection!

I think at this stage of the game, and with all my retail experience, I'd love to work at the Emporium on Main Street. It would also allow me to be one of those glove wearing people who just stand along the curb waving at everyone coming into the park each morning :) Sounds delightful!!!
That does sound fun!! And air conditioned too!

I wish I had done a College Program when I was younger! I would have gladly worked anywhere at all, just to be able to be there making magic!

Me too! I'd have totally done that! While I DID work there (in Cali) in college, we only had a week of Disney University. Still very helpful in customer service, fraud prevention, efficiency, etc... Loved it! Did I go into the parks a lot after work? No. I was WAY too exhausted afterwards.

How cool to visit club 33! You had more pictures than I expected so thank you for sharing! Definitely a dream of mine to get to go there someday!

If I had a choice I would want to be a Disney face character as well, Cinderella or Rapunzel!

Interesting! I think it's a little odd they'd do that for casual stuff too.

Haha yes! Exactly this.

I've seen your character-ing? (Is that a word?) and am always so incredibly impressed- you'd have been perfect! And yes, I can 100% see you as a skipper! You strike me as bubbly, outgoing and very fun.

And for the record, it's never too late or bad to dream big!

Thanks, Liesa! You're very kind. So many jobs at Disney could be so fun! I'm enjoying reading other people's answers!

However, I can’t say we “trudged” into the main event of the day…. Dinner at Club 33.
You don't trudge somewhere that has that "once in a lifetime" feel attached to it for riff raff like us!
Our reservation allowed for plenty of time to relax in the lounge (you’re seeing a theme here, yes? NO, not the lounge! RELAXING!)
Oh... definitely thought the lounge was the theme...
Our server appeared shortly and it is here I learned something new about high-style dining… as our napkins were distributed, the server chose between black or white depending on the color that you were wearing- black napkin on dark clothing, white on light clothing.
I'd be out of luck... I don't see any mention of a blue denim napkin.
Orders were taken off of the HM-themed menu and I tried to not let the drool make it too far down my chin. With only a breakfast sandwich on board, I was HUNGRY!!
You planned well... if you're going to Club 33, you darn well better go thirsty and hungry!
But the night was calm with no rain in sight, so the Fireworks show was up next! And one I’d never seen before either- Halloween Screams. Oh man!! WOW!!! Soooooo good!! All that Hallowishes once was and far more. Ummm, Zero flies. How freaking cool is that?!
Sounds awesome! Especially the zero flies part.
With wonder in our hearts, we made our way up Main Street towards the exit. And we might have actually gotten out, but we were with Fran. 😉 (You know I love ya, right, Fran?) And Fran does not simply roll past Disney art shops.
::yes:: Gotta love it! I'm glad she made you slow down and find some neat things.
If you could have any job in Disney, what would it be? Assume it is the present time and you have your present body. And... what job would you most HAVE wanted at Disney when you were 20 and your back and neck didn't hurt all the time?
I'll go with working in Living with the Land... growing things using new and unique methods. Back when I was younger I'd have wanted to be the test dummy for rock n rollercoaster.

FINALLY!!!! I can say I am IN and all caught up ! I hate that I I always seem to be so far behind but with busy season finally over ( now that I had one ) and some down time before the next one I hope to stay caught up for a bit.

Love all the DL pics and looking forward to the WDW trip

Well looky here! :) It's great to see you here again! I hope you can be here often too!

One, possibly two more posts for DLR and then we get to WDW. :)

::yes:: I'd love to!
(Also figured, three emojis in a row was enough.)

Emojis def have their uses!
We've dined together... what? 2-3 times now?
Twice on that trip, at least.

Something like that. With Kari too.

Yes, absolutely. It's a rare
(well, maybe not so rare for you now)
event that demands attention.

And yet I still never take them for granted or enjoy them less.
Yep. Hard to think of 1. A popular male figure who's 2. Not a villain!
Captain Jack.

How cool to visit club 33! You had more pictures than I expected so thank you for sharing! Definitely a dream of mine to get to go there someday!

I really try to be very discreet while I'm fine dining... I don't want to take away from or mar the experience for others.

If I had a choice I would want to be a Disney face character as well, Cinderella or Rapunzel!

I can see that for sure! :)

You don't trudge somewhere that has that "once in a lifetime" feel attached to it for riff raff like us!
Oh... definitely thought the lounge was the theme...

Lounge = Relaxing.

I'd be out of luck... I don't see any mention of a blue denim napkin.

You planned well... if you're going to Club 33, you darn well better go thirsty and hungry!

It was a LOT of food. I'm sure an average eater could finish it off, but it was far too much for my widdle tummy.

Sounds awesome! Especially the zero flies part.

I really loved that show. So creative!

::yes:: Gotta love it! I'm glad she made you slow down and find some neat things.

I am too! It's fun to see stuff that is out of the box and off the beaten path.
I'll go with working in Living with the Land... growing things using new and unique methods. Back when I was younger I'd have wanted to be the test dummy for rock n rollercoaster.

Whoa, that might be the most unique answer yet, Andy! And when you said that, I thought of maybe a dive master for the Seas, or a Segway Tour guide.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you might have meant TT? And yes, they wrecked the theming and pre-show (and soundtrack) when Chevy took over.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you might have meant TT? And yes, they wrecked the theming and pre-show (and soundtrack) when Chevy took over.
No, I meant Rock N Rollercoaster, although I'd do it for TT too. I just made up a position that I'm sure doesn't exist, but somebody should take a test ride in each seat of each limo every day just to make sure the experience is as good as it should be, right?

Our reservation allowed for plenty of time to relax in the lounge (you’re seeing a theme here, yes? NO, not the lounge! RELAXING!) with a drink or two before our seating.

I'm not sure how much relaxing actually happened during that time frame. In fact Fran and I didn't have a very fun relaxing day. But you ladies (and gent) made it better for us. :)

In the end, only Lesley and Fran (and maybe Alison) sprung for them.

Fran got a set, I think Lesley got one. I already had a set, and went with yummy drinks and wine pairing.

Steve got what was, in my opinion, the coolest drink at the table. Who doesn’t love a drink the sends out fog like a graveyard at midnight?

I'd had that one before, and not only was it cool, it was tasty and potent!

Speaking of wine pairing and recalling the reputation it caused me the last time I’d done wine pairing, I asked if the wine pairing option with dinner could be split. It could, and that made me a happy girl.

I'm glad you asked about this. I may know people who might enjoy doing this in the furture....in fact you may enjoy doing this in the future!

You can read the menu yourself and try to match the item with what I got.

I already know, and you missed a picture of one of them, I think.

The Main Street Electrical Parade started quickly after we were seated, and I reveled in its hoedowny goodness. Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls…. (you humming it in your head yet?) Float after twinkly float came into view and I ooohed and aaahed at every single one. So many childhood memories came flooding back. And just like that, it was over. (Please excuse the excess of photos!)

I can't believe how well your pictures came out! I thought I had done a relatively good job, but your pictures completely ROCK! You got perfect contrast and in the ones with the folks in the dresses and suits, I only get the lights, not the people.

And one I’d never seen before either- Halloween Screams. Oh man!! WOW!!! Soooooo good!! All that Hallowishes once was and far more.

That was a really good fireworks show! I'm so glad that I got to see it as well!

She chose a purchase she’d had her eye on,

I don't even remember what it was, but we have been tripping over it in the living for the last two months now.....

If you could have any job in Disney, what would it be? Assume it is the present time and you have your present body. And... what job would you most HAVE wanted at Disney when you were 20 and your back and neck didn't hurt all the time?

Same job, musician. However, in my 20's I probably would have wanted to be in the Sax quartet/quintet that they used to have way way back then. Now I'd probably rather do something a little more sedentary, if there is such a job.

Very cool! How did it taste?

I wish I knew. Steve (@chunkymonkey ) didn't share! ;)

But I had one on an earlier occasion. It was very good. It had vodka, Blue Curacao (I'm a sucker for blue drinks), but I think there was also grenadine, and a couple other dashs of liquor for additional flavor.

Actually, I had the opportunity to ride POTC with the lights on once, and I was amazed at how crystal clean that water is! You can really see the bottom of the ride, which is why they have to keep it so dark!

Still want the Rancor Flight though.

You'll get one. Fran and I will make sure of it!

And sadly forgot the other half at Alison's. I hope they (@franandaj ) enjoyed it!

Well.....

Or the cats did!

It went a few too many days before we had a chance to eat it (Immune disorder and all) so we had some very appreciative felines.....

Hi All... the stuff of nightmares happened. My laptop’s plug in doo-hickey thing, the part that receives the charging end broke. No chargey. No worky.

:(

No repair places open today, but it’s a good news, bad news deal. I don’t work til 1:00 tomorrow and can get it in then. But, they may not be able to fix it. If that’s the case, Best Buy can ship to their repair facility which will take 7 days and about the same amount as a night in a value resort. :( Of course my hardware protection plan had expired in May.

All that to say no update this weekend. All of my (edited) photos are on it.

Meantime: to get you started... when you’re stuck in a line what do you and yours tend to do?

Surf the net or Disney App? Look for details in the theming? Talk with each other? Something else?

But I had one on an earlier occasion. It was very good. It had vodka, Blue Curacao (I'm a sucker for blue drinks), but I think there was also grenadine, and a couple other dashs of liquor for additional flavor.

Sounds refreshing!

Hi All... the stuff of nightmares happened. My laptop’s plug in doo-hickey thing, the part that receives the charging end broke. No chargey. No worky.

:scared1:

Oh no!!
No repair places open today, but it’s a good news, bad news deal. I don’t work til 1:00 tomorrow and can get it in then. But, they may not be able to fix it. If that’s the case, Best Buy can ship to their repair facility which will take 7 days and about the same amount as a night in a value resort. :( Of course my hardware protection plan had expired in May.
Ugh. That... sounds not so good.
I hope they can fix it without shipping it out for a week and $$$$.
Meantime: to get you started... when you’re stuck in a line what do you and yours tend to do?
This is easy. I don't get stuck in lines. :laughing:

Okay... on the rare occasion that I do... I'm on the DIS or something like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!