ABCs of a Nursing School Grad Trip + FL Keys Mini Report;D is for: Dang! Last Chapter of this TR...

Now, to make this a bit more fun and interactive, what are you guys doing this weekend?

I went to a talk this morning by Dave Bossert on Oswald the Lucky Rabbit where he talked about his new book and we watched some cartoons. Then we all got a copy of the book and he signed it for us.

Now it's back to working and cleaning and laundry.

I'll go first.... I might go to a local winery grape-stomp on Sunday? Maybe? But only after Bek and I develop Lesson #2 for the trip.

That sounds like fun!

Y is for: You Can't Eat It ALL!!!

We’re winding down, Ladies and Gents. The last couple of updates are imminent. (Contain your excitement.) I spent the afternoon checking and re-checking THE CONTEST results and there are clear 1st and a 2nd place winners, which will be awarded in the very next update. If you put some official answers in a WAYYYY back when, you’ll want to tune in. I can tell you that the 2 people who guessed Steppe’s Points the closest are actually still reading and commenting, so they are eligible for their really super, uber cool prizes. (I have no idea what those are yet, but I will be in Disney in a few weeks. ;) ;) ) Huzzah!!!!! But your Queen is kind and benevolent so everyone who participated will be receiving a little something for their willingness to tough this stale old TR out to the bitter end.

But that’s for next time. First, we have some business to take care of. I had a bit of time this afternoon to cruise through my photos and find some for the last round of Mystery Alphabet Photos. Are you ready to play? Take a stab at these: (Remember, all answers start with the Letter you see, and they are located in a park or on property.)

S- Where am I?

S.jpg

T- This one might be tricky...

T.jpg

U- You'll have to be creative and tell me where you'd find these little guys.

U.jpg

V-
upload_2017-9-24_17-11-43.png

W-

W.jpg

X- Another FREEBIE… YAY!!!!

Y- Where am I?

Y.jpg

Z- Name the place...

Z.jpg

Now, onto the last little bit of TR subject matter: Food & Wine, 2016.

I had long wanted to visit the Food and Wine Festival having missed it in 2010. What can I say? I like to eat. I can equally enjoy a dining experience at the likes of Victoria and Albert’s, just as well as I can at Taco Bell… which has been discussed elsewhere ad nauseum. No, it doesn’t add nauseum. I spent quite a bit of time reviewing the maps and menus and had plotted out a plan of noshing my way around the World.

And then I got there.

The plan was as quickly tossed out the window as a bucket of slop onto a Dark Ages alley. I came, I ate. In a no particular, very random, “Oh! That looks good!”, haphazard
sort way, I ate. A little of this; a little of that. Some was great; some went into the trash about as fast as my Taco Bell wrappers. And sadly, as much as I wanted to make F&W a focus of my trip, I hardly made a miniscule dent in the offerings. I had planned many other nice(r) sit down meals throughout the trip and was just not up for the challenge. Besides, there was another quest in progress stealing my attention. Eh hehmm….

So now, without further ado, let’s explore the limited partakings I did sample, shall we?

In absolutely no order whatsoever... (with some images shamelessly pilfered from other internet sources... because I did a mediocre job at getting all of them.) I give you F&W, 2016.

This was one of the first items we got, as I recall. But since this TR is now like, what? a year old, I honestly don't know or care. And frankly, neither do you, I am sure. LOL!!

From the Scottish Kiosk...

*** Fresh Potato Pancake with Scottish Smoked Salmon and Herbed Sour Cream

potato-pancake-scotland.jpg

Here's my image:

IMG_9878.jpg

Steppe's assessment: 2 thumbs up. This one was quite tasty if you like lox. It was a nice combo of warm and cool and the dill in the sour cream was very nice. I really liked this one.

Then, somewhere in there during one of the 4 times I ate at F&W, I ended up here:

IMG_9864.jpg

to get this:

*** Pescado con Coco: Seared Grouper, Pigeon Peas and Rice with Coconut Sauce

IMG_3332.jpg

Steppe's Assessment: So-so. Probably will pass on this one this year. Bland and ho-hum.

Then this little beauty:

***Loaded Mac ‘n' Cheese with Nueske's® Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Peppers and Green Onions

IMG_3334.jpg

From "Farm Fresh".

Steppe's Assessment: I give this the ultimate... HOLY CRAP, If-I-Could-Only-Have-One-Food-For-the-Rest-of-My-Life-I'd-Take-This Award. Num Nums!

It was so good, this was my one and only repeat.

Come to Mommy, Sweetums!

And basically, I went from the very best to the very worst. At the France Kiosk, I got:

***Croissant aux Escargots: Escargot Croissant with Garlic and Parsley

IMG_9891.jpg

Steppe's Assessment? That was the only bite I took and that bite was deftly spit into the trash. No lie, I could not choke it down. I LIKE escargot. Truly, I do, but this was so salty and garlicky, I simply could not even make it down no matter how hard I willed it. One word? Disgusting.

Do not stop; do not pass "Go".

IMG_9890_1.jpg

I passed a lot of kiosks I didn't bother to stop at, but did admire the creativity of design poured into them nonetheless.

IMG_9908.jpg

IMG_9912.jpg

Sorry, Canada (no offense to my beloved Canadian Peeps!), but well, you stink at souvenirs, and your kiosk was closed and you only had this to offer:

*** Canadian cheddar cheese soup served with a pretzel roll
*** “Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle-Butter Sauce

If I'm gonna get either of those, I'd rather eat at your very nice restaurant. ;)

IMG_9865.jpg

Moving on...

From Ireland was this!

IMG_9883.jpg

***Seafood Fisherman's Pie

Steppe's Assessment: Yep, another Winner, Winner, Seafood Dinner. We split this one 3 ways and got a few nice bites. My only wish: I'd gotten my own. Would have made a very nice lunch. Yes, I'd get this one again!

Moving onward, I found one that actually WAS on my list:

From Morocco, I got the:

***Spicy Hummus Fries with Cucumber, Tomato, Onions and Tzatziki Sauce

IMG_2211.jpg

Steppe's Assessment: Totally getting this one again in November. Super yummy! Just spicy enough and tempered perfectly with the Tzatziki. Loved it.

Time for some refreshment and to sit a spell:

Picked up one of these:

***Not Your Father's Hard Root Beer

...and yes, it was very refreshing. I took it to the Japanese gardens area up top, kinda up there by the fast food place and just sat. Didn't explore, just sat... lovely!

IMG_2198.jpg

Somewhere along the line, I indulged in one of my favorite foods: Scallops.

***Seared Scallop, Truffled Celery Root Purée, Brussels Sprouts and Wild Mushrooms featuring Melissa’s Produce

IMG_3329.jpg

Steppe's Assessment: I enjoyed this, but have come to the conclusion that scallops are best fresh and in hoity-toity places. You pay for what you get in terms of scallops. They are tricky to sear just right and if over-cooked can get pretty chewy, pretty quickly. While this was tasty, it was not perfect. The sear was nice, and the flavors were okay (yes, I'm one of those weirdos who likes brussel sprouts), it just didn't wow me.

Best part of that one: The Wine...

IMG_3327.jpg

On to China where I had another real "MISS"

***Black Pepper Shrimp with Garlic Noodles

IMG_2161.jpg

They gave me a chance to sit for a bit (all by myself) in the still-closed Lotus Blossom's covered eating area and use their bathroom. That was the only benefit of getting this one.

Steppe's Assessment: Save your money. It was bland and dry. They could have vastly improved this one with a bit of hoisin sauce or Rooster Sauce. Meh.

At some point, I just couldn't wait any longer on one particular day; I had to have my beloved Rice Cream. Nope, not part of Food & Wine, but oh so delicious. I do not, I repeat, do NOT, visit EPCOT without having this creamy sweet cup of goodness at least once. Clearly, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

IMG_1245.jpg

Steppe's Assessment: Never miss this.

Onto the last few bites....

Just around the riverbend, we ended up in Mexico and got a very mixed bag. Side by side, we got:

***Taco de Camarón: Battered Shrimp served over a Flour Tortilla with Crispy Purple Cabbage and Chipotle Mayonnaise

IMG_1243.jpg

***Barbacoa Enchilada: Corn Tortilla filled with Beef Barbacoa and covered with Oaxaca Mole

IMG_1244.jpg

Steppe's Assessment: The taco sucked. No flavor and stinking TINY for what we paid. Skip it. The enchilada was okay. Not something I'd get again this year, but not bad either. Frankly, my own Mexican cooking is 1,000% superior. Best spend your money on a Marg from The Ditch... which I did. Thrice.

Lastly, and I have no idea when, but if I recall, it was when I was touring with Pat and Marv just before Via Napoli, I got this:

***Frozen Orange-spiked Tea featuring Florida Cane “Orlando Orange” Vodka

IMG_2215.jpg

Steppe's Assessment: Disney needs to put more alcohol in the drinks they sell. They charge WAY too much for what you get. However, the recipes are worthy to try to replicate at home. I just may on this one. It was good as far as flavor goes.

And thus endeth Steppe's Foray into Food & Wine, 2016. Yes, I'm catching the VERY LAST day of it this year, and am looking forward to trying a few new things as well as my Loaded Mac and Cheese. But if it goes anything like last year, I'll approach it with the same helter-skelter method. One just never knows...

Last edited:
As much as I'd hoped to catch up on replies on this and my other thread, I instead waged war with PB all day. I'm not sure who won; they stole 6 hours of my time and almost brought me to tears with frustration, but I came out victorious and posted the Chapter. So, replies will have to wait until another day. Long day at work tomorrow and I need to get my quota of dark circles prevention sleep. Our friends bagged out on the Grape Stomp so it was a pretty lazy day. The good news: Lesson 2 (The importance of clean water and how to make water safe with very few resources) has been developed. Didn't even take me as long as I thought it would. AND, I even got most of Lesson 3 developed- Basic First Aid, including lacerations, burns, animal bites, broken bones, shock, etc...

How was your weekend? What did you guys do?

I have been keeping up on reading, but sucking 10 fold on commenting.

I can't express enough how much school is kicking my butt. Trying to keep up is HARD! The pressure of knowing that if on just 1 exam or practical I get below a 75% I will get kicked from the MLT program and have to re-apply next fall has me on pins and needles. I have NEVER had stress levels as high as I do right now. I had a panic attack last week and I don't even suffer from anxiety. LOL anyway, wanted to take a few minutes and come out of the books. I know you can relate!

Update health-wise, Xeljan's is officially a miracle drug. Since I started the meds in January, I have had 2 small flares of my RA. My morning stiffness has gone from lasting about 2 1/2-3 hours in the AM to about 30 minutes. The flares I have had have been very localized and only required joint specific steroid injections instead of all over injections or oral steroids. I was taking 3-4 tramadol every day and 1 Tylenol 3 at night to sleep and am now down to just the Tylenol 3 at night to sleep. My doctors, as well as myself, are pretty ecstatic over the results. I didn't realize it, but because of my history of Hodgkins Lymphoma, they were running out of options for me to try. A lot of the RA meds carry a side effect of increased chances of Lymphoma's which made them impossible for me. Now we are just praying it continues to work. My insurance has approved the medication for me even though it is still a new medication on the stipulation that I continue to show at least a 30% improvement in symptoms. I have to be re-evaluated for it every 6 months. Without insurance, the medication would be $3900 a month. :faint: Needless to say, if ever the insurance decides they don't want to cover it, I will have to stop taking it.

Just a couple of quotes from your update...
willingness to tough this stale old TR out to the bitter end.

I, for one, look forward to this TR and will be sad when it is done, and hoping another will be in the works!

last round of Mystery Alphabet Photos.

Sent you a PM. Couple of these were super hard. I had to think extra on these! LOL I think I got them all though.

Clearly, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

IMG_1245.jpg

LOL So true! But those do look amazing! Just curious, as I have never had them, does the Ricecream taste anything like tapioca?

Had an exam due Sunday and one tomorrow... so needless to say, my weekend was all about homework

Last edited:

Then this little beauty:

***Loaded Mac ‘n' Cheese with Nueske's® Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Peppers and Green Onions

IMG_3334.jpg

From "Farm Fresh".

Steppe's Assessment: I give this the ultimate... HOLY CRAP, If-I-Could-Only-Have-One-Food-For-the-Rest-of-My-Life-I'd-Take-This Award. Num Nums!

It was so good, this was my one and only repeat.

YUM!! This looks awesome.

If I'm gonna get either of those, I'd rather eat at your very nice restaurant. ;)

IMG_9865.jpg

Good point!!

Y is for: You Can't Eat It ALL!!!
Try and stop me!

And sadly, as much as I wanted to make F&W a focus of my trip, I hardly made a miniscule dent in the offerings. I had planned many other nice(r) sit down meals throughout the trip and was just not up for the challenge.
Ok, that does make sense. I know I'd like to go for F&W but there are so many places that have become something we have to do every trip... well... there's only so much you can do.

Steppe's Assessment? That was the only bite I took and that bite was deftly spit into the trash. No lie, I could not choke it down. I LIKE escargot. Truly, I do, but this was so salty and garlicky, I simply could not even make it down no matter how hard I willed it. One word? Disgusting.
This is probably my biggest knock on something like F&W. Yes, I'd love to try new things. I love that they have these booths set up so that you can try a little bit of this and a little bit of that. But at the same time, I'm not sure I want to take the chance on spending 5 or 10 bucks on something that I might love or I might throw away when I know I can spend that money on Mickey ice cream bars or cinnamon rolls from Gaston's tavern, or nachos at La Cantina and be completely happy with what I'm getting.

Sorry, Canada (no offense to my beloved Canadian Peeps!), but well, you stink at souvenirs, and your kiosk was closed and you only had this to offer:

I won't lie... I don't go to that restaurant very often, but if they had a window or a counter service restaurant offering those 2 items... I'd have a new counter service meal that I'd get every trip.

If you put some official answers in a WAYYYY back when, you’ll want to tune in.

popcorn::
(Although I'm preeeeety sure I'm not the winner.)

I can tell you that the 2 people who guessed Steppe’s Points the closest are actually still reading and commenting, so they are eligible for their really super, uber cool prizes.

Oh, good! Always nice when the people who won are around to give out an official "woot".

I will be in Disney in a few weeks.

1 month, two weeks, 3 days according to your ticker. :)

But your Queen is kind and benevolent so everyone who participated will be receiving a little something for their willingness to tough this stale old TR out to the bitter end.

:eek: Whoa! That's a lot of postage!

last round of Mystery Alphabet Photos

PM sent!
Although I can't for the life of me figure out "Z".

Taco Bell… which has been discussed elsewhere ad nauseum.

Yes. Let's leave that behind us shall we?

The plan was as quickly tossed out the window as a bucket of slop onto a Dark Ages alley. I came, I ate. In a no particular, very random, “Oh! That looks good!”, haphazard sort way

::yes:: Same way I did it. Lots of backtracking and skipping and noshing.

Besides, there was another quest in progress stealing my attention. Eh hehmm….

:rolleyes1

I'm surprised you remember. Details later...

Steppe's assessment: 2 thumbs up. This one was quite tasty if you like lox. It was a nice combo of warm and cool and the dill in the sour cream was very nice. I really liked this one.

hmmm... sounds pretty good. Not sure why this one wasn't on my radar.

*** Pescado con Coco: Seared Grouper, Pigeon Peas and Rice with Coconut Sauce

Obviously out for me.

Interesting. I gave this one a firm "meh" on my scale. It was good... but for me, not good enough for a repeat.

***Croissant aux Escargots: Escargot Croissant with Garlic and Parsley

IMG_9891.jpg

It looks... horrid.
I'll stick to The Keg, thanks.

this was so salty and garlicky, I simply could not even make it down no matter how hard I willed it. One word? Disgusting.

:crazy2:

Well, if the kiosk is closed, they don't leave you much choice.
And I have no idea who is in charge of the souvenirs, but we have much better than the crap they have there.

***Seafood Fisherman's Pie

Steppe's Assessment: Yep, another Winner, Winner, Seafood Dinner. We split this one 3 ways and got a few nice bites. My only wish: I'd gotten my own. Would have made a very nice lunch. Yes, I'd get this one again!

I'd try that one now.
At the time, it wasn't on my radar because the only Sheperd's pie I'd ever had, I didn't like. But since then... well, things change, ya know?

***Spicy Hummus Fries with Cucumber, Tomato, Onions and Tzatziki Sauce

This one too. It wasn't on my list. I don't really care for hummus. But hummus fries? Yeah! I'd try it. Especially with the rest of the toppings.

Don't think I noticed before. Nice Magic Band skin. :)

***Frozen Orange-spiked Tea featuring Florida Cane “Orlando Orange” Vodka – $9.50

That sounds delish!

But.... I think you meant to write about (guessing here a bit) Frozen Red Stag Lemonade?

I took it to the Japanese gardens area up top, kinda up there by the fast food place and just sat. Didn't explore, just sat... lovely!

My favourite place in Epcot. Well... all of the Japan area.

***Seared Scallop, Truffled Celery Root Purée, Brussels Sprouts and Wild Mushrooms featuring Melissa’s Produce

One word. Well... 2. Brussels Sprouts.

scallops. They are tricky to sear just right and if over-cooked can get pretty chewy

Correct. 60 seconds per side. Only.

(yes, I'm one of those weirdos who likes brussel sprouts),

Then again, I don't fault anyone who likes them. And honestly... if I could just bring myself to try some that were properly cooked maybe I wouldn't hate them so much.
But, to this day, it's the only food that makes my gag reflex cut in.

On to China where I had another real "MISS"

***Black Pepper Shrimp with Garlic Noodles

That was disappointing. I was very happy to try it and.... the shrimp was dry and so were the noodles. Just not very good.

At some point, I just couldn't wait any longer on one particular day; I had to have my beloved Rice Cream. Nope, not part of Food & Wine, but oh so delicious. I do not, I repeat, do NOT, visit EPCOT without having this creamy sweet cup of goodness at least once.

Yes, I do believe you may have mentioned that. :rolleyes2

Clearly, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

IMG_1245.jpg

:laughing:

***Taco de Camarón: Battered Shrimp served over a Flour Tortilla with Crispy Purple Cabbage and Chipotle Mayonnaise

I don't remember for sure... but I think I tried that. Not sure.

***Barbacoa Enchilada: Corn Tortilla filled with Beef Barbacoa and covered with Oaxaca Mole

I don't like chocolate in meat dishes. And I thought Mole was always chocolate Mole.
I know better now.

Best spend your money on a Marg from The Ditch... which I did. Thrice.

Hmm.. So at my count, you had at least 4 alcoholic beverages (you list three, but also have a photo of another) plus three Margs. Hence my wonder that you remember anything!

Lastly, and I have no idea when, but if I recall, it was when I was touring with Pat and Marv just before Via Napoli, I got this:

***Frozen Orange-spiked Tea featuring Florida Cane “Orlando Orange” Vodka

And again... sounds delish!

Yes, I'm catching the VERY LAST day of it this year, and am looking forward to trying a few new things as well as my Loaded Mac and Cheese. But if it goes anything like last year, I'll approach it with the same helter-skelter method. One just never knows...

Good luck!

Update health-wise, Xeljan's is officially a miracle drug. Since I started the meds in January, I have had 2 small flares of my RA. My morning stiffness has gone from lasting about 2 1/2-3 hours in the AM to about 30 minutes. The flares I have had have been very localized and only required joint specific steroid injections instead of all over injections or oral steroids. I was taking 3-4 tramadol every day and 1 Tylenol 3 at night to sleep and am now down to just the Tylenol 3 at night to sleep. My doctors, as well as myself, are pretty ecstatic over the results.

:hug:

So good to hear that you are having positive results! Very happy for you.

I instead waged war with PB all day. I'm not sure who won; they stole 6 hours of my time and almost brought me to tears with frustration,

Totally get that. I had my issues with it over the weekend as well.

The good news: Lesson 2 (The importance of clean water and how to make water safe with very few resources) has been developed. Didn't even take me as long as I thought it would. AND, I even got most of Lesson 3 developed- Basic First Aid, including lacerations, burns, animal bites, broken bones, shock, etc...

Good!

Worked. Which turned out to be less stressful than home life. :sad2:

Ah, well.

OMG is it just me or is the DIS SO much faster today than it has been for the last few days?? Whatever the reason...phew. I thought I was going to have to abandon the DIS forever because it was so frustrating to use lately. Glad to be back.

Yeah...I know. I don't know why they can't come up with some better stuff than those dang leather bracelets and keychains. I mean what Canadian actually wears that stuff? Dunno. And all the stuff in the shop ...I just don't get it...sigh. What they really need is a Tim Horton's there. (our version of Dunkin' Donuts) sigh.

But if it goes anything like last year, I'll approach it with the same helter-skelter method. One just never knows...

Funny because it's so true. When we went I had a detailed plan of all the things I wanted to try, but for some reason whenever I remembered to even look at my plan, we were nowhere near where said food item/pavilion was located and I ended up just going with whatever looked good at the time. Which sometimes as you saw...works out well, and sometimes you wish you had saved the stomach space for something more worthwhile.

Really, they should be serving some poutine varieties and some nice ice wines from the Niagara area. Thank you Disney, you may reward my suggestion with a quick November trip gratis.

:laughing: Not bad!

OMG is it just me or is the DIS SO much faster today than it has been for the last few days?? Whatever the reason...phew. I thought I was going to have to abandon the DIS forever because it was so frustrating to use lately. Glad to be back.

It's much better. But... I'm holding my breath. It's been fast over the last few days too from time to time.
But... brutally slow for most of it.

I don't know why they can't come up with some better stuff than those dang leather bracelets and keychains. I mean what Canadian actually wears that stuff?

Geez. At the very least, sell some maple syrup. Real maple syrup.

What they really need is a Tim Horton's there. (our version of Dunkin' Donuts) sigh.

::yes::

Unlike, say, America.

Wait a minute...

Oh, Okay, fine. America has a few as well.

Welp, see ya next week! Hitting fast-forward now...

Hey! I gave you Morocco.

Meet me by the bathroom! I'll be spending a lot of time there!

She didn't mind. A small price to pay. Wait til I tell you in my next update when she JUST told me tonight about that meal.

I like their pizza. Especially compared to the pizza available in the rest of WDW.

But, yes--that pizza fed my family when there were 5 of us and 3 were kids. No way it's feeding 8 adults.

Yes. Pizzafari is just gross. However... hands down the BEST flatbread (possibly on the planet) is at California Grill. WOW!

But his was an obligation. He said so himself!

I'm sure. :rolleyes: The bathrobe lent a special sort of obligation look to it. (If I recall, it was an obligation to his Inner Teenage Boy. Please. Tell me... how many teenage boys wear a bathrobe in a fantasy such as that.....

thought so.)

Does Mike know?

Uhh.... no.

No. It makes it sound like you found what you were looking for.:rolleyes1

OH! Right. Yes. :rolleyes1

Wow, that's quite the drink list!

See? It CAN be done!

And I'll look like @pkondz at the customs agent station.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

I agree. It's good! Maybe they like anchovies or something. :crazy2:

You remember the time I got an anchovy bone stuck in my throat not too long ago, right?

Via Napoli is one of my family's favourite places. I like the thin crust pizza. Should I admit that large size pizza fed the four of us comfortably? Although we usually don't have apps or dessert

I didn't NOT like it. But well, have had better. We totally under-ordered, but dessert topped us off, as did a marg from The Ditch afterwards. ;)

I have only heard about these in the last year but I would like to try them. I think I would be a little more like you and go for the chocolate sauce.

They were pretty darned good! I'm sure you could get an order to go which would be a very nice little nosh-around-the-world treat! mmmm... WITH choco sauce. Did I mention it was warm?

Um, Ok spill the beans. Where is the best place for pizza?

My house?

Oh? YOu mean in WDW? That's super easy! At Cali Grill for their flatbreads.

Loved the update! So fun that your girls were a distraction for the staff while being distracted themselves

Wait til I tell you what Mikki said to me about this dinner tonight when I was asking all the kids about their favorites...

Too funny about the "Steppe's Birthday!" :rotfl2:Never Ending DIS meet! So cool!

We all got some pretty good belly laughs with it all. Fun stuff!

Well, at least you sampled more things than me at food and wine. I've been in WDW twice for F&W and both times I got a grand total of one thing at a booth. Being there with a young family, there was always some place to be or some character to line up for.

I keep hoping that they will announce a major overhaul of the Canada pavilion because it really needs it, from the souvenirs to the food offerings, and maybe even the attraction.

Some hits and some misses with Food and Wine on your trip. But honestly, I feel like that's how most people's experiences are with the event. People get dishes and then either find them delicious or disgusting. I guess Disney's in the "go big or go home" philosophy.
Hopefully, you got an idea of what to do when you return this year and will enjoy more winners than losers. For the prices you pay, you hate to get something nasty or disappointing.

Kudos to you for getting the lesson plans worked on! Another step closer...

My weekend was spent at a pumpkin festival enjoying a very popular pumpkin soup here in Germany.
IMG_5462.JPG

Drove two hours for that bad boy and it did not disappoint!

Hmmm, some interesting and some yummy looking food choices. Thanks for sharing. Maybe this year they will have some new recipes for your tasting pleasure! I see some of the same choices were at F&G.
RICE CREAM! It is a do not miss for Dana and I also. My mom makes it in a big bowl for holidays. We call it Glorified Rice. I will be getting some this year, just haven't decided if it will be Thanksgiving or Christmas. Mark and Lindsay are talking about going Thanksgiving, so we were thinking of going also. Mom will need some help with the crowd. :rotfl2: But Christmas would be easier time-wise. Jim also has already invited a visiting airman to join us for Thanksgiving. We don't even have a table in our apartment, so hoping to borrow Mark's house I guess :confused3

I just realized, we may catch F&G again this year! Heading to the world with Ryan's March 24th :dancer:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!