The ABCs of Another Steppe Into Adventure!- Last Africa Ch. + World Showcase Pt. 2

Italy has that amazing fountain ,I agree about the shops though
Morocco has yucky food but lots to look at if not buy
France has the amazing bakery the acrobats on chairs , the shops are nothing much
UK has the telephone booth, they also have scotch eggs and Yorkshire pudding !!Of course I love looking at the stores
Japan has the amazing drummers , do they still have that candy lady ?? Also the Teppon Edo is wonderful
Canada lost me when the made the restaurant a Signature dining on the plan
America has the best quick service restaurant and a cool place to go out of the heat.
Germany has that amazing buffet and the Glockenspiel
China has the acrobats and the cool place to go and look at a bunch of statues
Norway has the Frozen ride now and some very cute guys , the Akerhaus breakfast is great
Mexico Love this one , can try on hats , go for a boat ride and listen to the music .
These are not in any order , I just randomly put them down.

Full disclosure – my answers are heavy on the Google, light on the imagination…

Quiz time: 1. What famous garden in Canada does this represent?

Butchart Gardens

And for a bonus…
2. whose cottage is this and what goes on in there? (No, that question isn’t meant to be serious, but I *am* interested in your answers. LOL! Be as creative as you care to be.
C:\Users\Reading\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif
)

The men of Off Kilter live there waiting for the powers that be at Epcot bring them back

From quaint gardens to majestic, towering estates, Canada offers a bit of everything. 3. Who knows what famous Canadian hotel this is made to represent?

Château Laurier hotel in Ottawa (cut, paste – thank you Wikipedia)

Queenly Quiz Time: 4. Name one of the Composers used in this film.

the film encompasses the music of classical French composers such as Claude Debussy and Camille Saint-Saëns

QUIZ TIME! 5. What animal sounds can you hear coming from the upper story windows in Morroco?

There are animal sounds coming from the upper story windows????

Bonus for expert level: 6. There is a very historical document's replica found in the Morocco Pavilion Museum signed by a very famous American. Do you know what that document is or who signed it?

Wikipedia let me down!!

7. Queen's Quiz Time:

Have you:

1. Gotten a pearl? no
2. Eaten in Japan? (What did you have?) yes – Teppen Edo, had the shrimp and scallops I believe
3. Taken a picture of the koi fish? yep
4. Watched the Taiko Drummers? yep again

It goes without saying I did NOT buy a license plate from Oregon with "Disney" on it or a shot glass. Lame. I'd go to Vegas or my County Fair if I wanted that crap.

Uhmmm – I did – well not Oregon, but I have a Illinois, birthplace of Walt Disney license plate magnet on my fridge

8. Should guests feed the wildlife at Disney?

Only if you want them to look like the tumor ridden squirrel that used to beg around the Canada stage

Quiz Time!

1. Have you ever had a marg from La Cava, and if so what is your favorite flavor?? I order something different every time I go, because I can't choose!

nope

2. Can someone please explain this statue to me? Is she nude? Running? What is she running from? Be as creative as you'd care to be.
C:\Users\Reading\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif

In lieu of the fact that you have the correct answer, and some very creative answers I will abstain…

3. Be honest, have you even spent any time looking at the displays in the Stave Church??

We went in last trip and (very small building close to the main walkway??) and there were carvings and displays of Gods and Goddesses Thor, Loki….

4. I'd like to hear your opinions on the changes in the Norway Pavilion. Who remembers the super awesome Viking Ship there? My kids LOVED climbing all over that thing!

I miss the Viking ship….and Norway…Arendale is not a good replacement…

Did Steppe buy anything from Karamell Kuche? Has she ever?

If she hasn’t, she should – Yum!

Have you?

Yup!!

The gondolas are obviously representative of Venice, but what Italian place does the Plaza area represent?

My pal Wikipedia is telling me it is designed after a variety of things… Venetian architecture is represented by a re-creation of St Mark's Campanile (bell tower) with the La Gemma Elegante shop representing a replica of the Doge's Palace. The pavilion's design is inspired by other hallmarks of Italian architecture, such as the Columns of San Marco and San Teodoro, the Ponte della Paglia, Neptune Fountain (reminiscent of Rome's Trevi Fountain) and the Il Bel Cristallo shop (meant to resemble the exterior of the Sistine Chapel)

7. Now for a bonus! What is YOUR most and least favorite Pavilions in WS?? Go the extra mile and rank them!

I won’t rank them, but I will take your ranking and add my comments…

Morocco- don’t eat there (tried it didn’t care for it), have never found a souvenir there that I cared enough for to buy, Love the little alleyways

France – don’t eat there (haven’t tried it), don’t believe we’ve gotten any souvenirs there either…oh wait, Sean got a beret there when he was in high school. I do like the movie, especially on a blazing hot day. The guy that climbs the chairs fascinates and scares me at the same time

Mexico- Donald hangs out here, and there is a ride. I want to eat at the restaurant overlooking the ride but have heard such poor reviews I haven’t chanced it yet, enjoy watching the Mariachi band

Japan- Would like to eat at Teppen Edo again sometime, used to get some neat gifts for Danny’s granddaughter in the shops there, the drummers are fun to watch, miss the candy lady

Norway- Wish Frozen and the princesses hadn’t invaded, glad the big troll still hangs out in the gift shop, my son loves the wandering Vikings

UK- One of the few places outside of American Adventure my husband will eat….fish and chips. <insert eyeroll> I can usually find something for my mother here (tea), and some golf stuff for youngest son, the bands are ok when I remember to stop to listen

Germany- I used to like this one even more when my kids were little. We used to bribe Ryne with the little plastic “guys” the about 2” plastic figures of the different characters that now are pretty much just sold in playsets. They used to have buckets full of different characters and Ryne loved to pick some out. It’s still one of my favorites just because it reminds me of my dad – he always had a cuckoo clock, and had a couple steins. Haven’t eaten at the Oktoberfest…yet…someday! The Werther’s place I usually stop and get a caramel apple to have cut up and take back to the room to snack on

China- The food is eh (I’m used to the places we have around here that I am sure a not authentic whatsoever, but they are what I like), the movie is nice to watch every few trips

Italy- I’ve only eaten there once – with all of you. Have never found any souvenirs here either, but I do like the juggler guy

Canada – I miss Off Kilter

America- Hubbys go to food spot <insert major eyeroll here> I try to catch VOL and the American Adventure show each trip. Used to be where I could find a souvenir for Mark, but not so much anymore (He’s had tricorns, copies of documents, presidential trivia books….)

Prayers to you getting over the hump of your rough patch. I had a bit of a gravelly road the end of last year / beginning of this year. Now there's just the occasional pot hole to contend with...

One other character that must be introduced at this point is a cavalier little friend of mine who will be traveling with me: Tater O’Patty (Tate for short). He is quite a spudly little character who has an uncanny penchant for getting into trouble wherever he goes.
I thought you were talking about me at first then I saw the photo and was relieved!

:rolleyes:

I've finally read all of your chapters here. Too much to comment on so I'll just say that I am so glad that you were able to get to Africa (and glad for your safe return as well) and for such a good cause.

Italy has that amazing fountain ,I agree about the shops though
Morocco has yucky food but lots to look at if not buy
France has the amazing bakery the acrobats on chairs , the shops are nothing much
UK has the telephone booth, they also have scotch eggs and Yorkshire pudding !!Of course I love looking at the stores
Japan has the amazing drummers , do they still have that candy lady ?? Also the Teppon Edo is wonderful
Canada lost me when the made the restaurant a Signature dining on the plan
America has the best quick service restaurant and a cool place to go out of the heat.
Germany has that amazing buffet and the Glockenspiel
China has the acrobats and the cool place to go and look at a bunch of statues
Norway has the Frozen ride now and some very cute guys , the Akerhaus breakfast is great
Mexico Love this one , can try on hats , go for a boat ride and listen to the music .
These are not in any order , I just randomly put them down.
A very nice summary, Rosie!!! It really goes to show how much there is to see there!

Oops, you say?

I thought that was the one thing you never want to hear your doctor (or nurse...,<cough cough>) say!
That was one of my unfortunate wrong thread posts. I don't have many, but there ya go. ;) I suppose the Countdown Photo of the Day wouldn't do much good here. :lmao:I have asked the Mods to close this thread, but it just... hasn't been. :confused3

I thought that was the one thing you never want to hear your doctor (or nurse...,<cough cough>) say!

We try to say that very, very quietly.

One nurse came into Step Down the other day not realizing anyone was in there. I was discharging a pt when we hear an, "Oh, $hit!" from across the room.

We both burst out laughing as the nurse came over mortified and profusely apologized. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Don't worry, she just dropped a bunch of supplies she was trying to juggle. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!