SAPPHIRE FALLS thread........

Sorry, just found more information over on tripadvisor: boat ride is 5-6 minutes unless there is a ton of traffic and walking is 10 minutes or less. Maybe we can have page 1 updated w/ this info?!

And apparently when you board the boat a bag search is done, so you save even more time at the park entrance!

Just now playing ketchup on this thread.

Have to tell you Millys, your pictures are breathtaking...

We have a picture thread as a sticky where peeps share pictures of anything on the UO property.
Try to think about adding some of yours as many will appreciate them.
Your angles of the pictures really sets it OUT THERE for us and that is a very good thing.

Now schumi my friend, I heart all your pictures too

I enjoy every picture you show us they are beautiful

Just now playing ketchup on this thread.

Have to tell you Millys, your pictures are breathtaking...

We have a picture thread as a sticky where peeps share pictures of anything on the UO property.
Try to think about adding some of yours as many will appreciate them.
Your angles of the pictures really sets it OUT THERE for us and that is a very good thing.

Now schumi my friend, I heart all your pictures too

I enjoy every picture you show us they are lovely.

Lol.....thanks mac

Sorry, just found more information over on tripadvisor: boat ride is 5-6 minutes unless there is a ton of traffic and walking is 10 minutes or less. Maybe we can have page 1 updated w/ this info?!

And apparently when you board the boat a bag search is done, so you save even more time at the park entrance!

I’m satisfied with the set up that is presented in the stickies
Schumi has done an excellent job setting them up.

We update the stickies with new info all the time

Anyone can make a stand alone thread in the general or hotel forums

We have many different discussions in the four forums on this side of the Disboards

I’m satisfied with the set up that is presented in the stickies
Schumi has done an excellent job setting them up.

We update the stickies with new info all the time

Anyone can make a stand alone thread in the general or hotel forums

We have many different discussions in the four forums on this side of the Disboards

Gotcha. Not feeling real welcome here with the terseness. It's seemingly a closed group. To have a thing called a 'sticky' that doesn't contain information on how long it takes to get from the hotel to the park, doesn't discuss the amenities of the room, etc. is unlike most other boards that I'm on. And having questions to a sticky met with 'google it yourself' and when information is found having that met with 'i'm happy with what i've done here'...pretty closed minded. But heck, if you've got a picture of a hallway that is absolutely worthy of going into a sticky b/c stickies are usually pictures after all...of like hallways and stuff.

When stickies are set up, it has to follow the information from what is released by Loews or the hotels

All the hotel stickies have the same pattern .

We give the basic information in order to help the readers decide where to book at UO

Sxhumigirl obtains the info and highlights and organizes the format in each hotel section

We include policies, room types, amenities, pool, onsite eateries, etc-anything that concerns the hotel.

The readers have full knowledge to help them to decide which hotel will suit their needs.

She has been brilliant with it and we keep it updated to reflect changes

Trip advisor has a different set up
The Disboards are not connected to them

I’m sure there are peeps that read both sites

Below the informational sticky is the discussion, questions, etc from our posters

I do have to say Schumi has spent a lot of time and effort to put up the stickies and to keep them current
I feel she has done an excellent job

It is a labor of love and very much appreciated by all

Thank you mac!

I think some don’t realise we aren’t people’s personal travel agency or a personal guide just for them.......

We do give as you correctly said, the BASIC information. People are more than capable of finding out many more things on their own if they look.

If we added something every single person wanted put in the stickies, it would be 3000 pages long.

If anyone isn’t happy with the info in the stickies.........well, as pp mentioned there are other sources of information out there. Feel free to utilise them.

I like pictures!!! Of course not everyone does apparently. But, we fully plan to keep the pictures in there.

Edit to correct sp.

Last edited:
So the point is not to provide information that people want or even need, as much as a place for a few folks to post what they want to post. Got it.

I'm coming from the Flyertalk world (and others), where a sticky is updated with information from the individual posts so one need only look at the first page. Maintenance yes, effective and useful yes as well.

I'm not accustomed to a forum existing to refer questions to www.google.com. it's more Flickr, less forum when the answer is "this isn't the place to answer questions, go somewhere else please. In the meantime, here's a picture of a waterfall."

So the point is not to provide information that people want or even need, as much as a place for a few folks to post what they want to post. Got it.

I'm coming from the Flyertalk world (and others), where a sticky is updated with information from the individual posts so one need only look at the first page. Maintenance yes, effective and useful yes as well.

I'm not accustomed to a forum existing to refer questions to www.google.com. it's more Flickr, less forum when the answer is "this isn't the place to answer questions, go somewhere else please. In the meantime, here's a picture of a waterfall."

Wow you really don't like our pictures do you!!! Hey ho, many do.

I have been a member of Flyertalk for many years, and many others. No site is perfect.

You seem to have a real issue with how the stickies are presented. We provide the basic info....that's basic info, with personal pictures to give folks an idea of what the hotels look like...….or they can go Google......lots of good info out there. Many do. And I see many websites have people tell folks to go Google.....it`s not an insulting suggestion.

Even posters on Fodor`s of which I am also a member, have been known to recommend people Google when folks ask for advice. I`m sure you already know that though.

But, as you seem to prefer other boards that provide you with the information you require then maybe this board isn't for you. You seem to be beating a dead horse here for some reason.

I won`t spend any longer justifying the stickies that have been created here......if they don't have enough information for you, well, you can`t please everyone and I gave up trying to please everyone a long time ago.

Have a truly magical day!!

Last edited:
There is also a search function on this board that I use a lot. It is often faster than going through stickies. Google is the best source, however. I am often surprised when people will post an inquiry to a very general question when they could find the answer in 5 seconds on google.

I agree with you damo

I use the search button all the time as it comes up with more info

But assume newbies are not aware of it

IDK half the fun in planning for me is poking around on many sites on the net. They all serve their purpose

For those who want a more concise, just the Facts ma’am approach, unofficial guide/touringplans might be more to your liking

Jmho TA is a great site for general knowledge but the info posted on all the MCO parks & affiliated resorts tends to skew with lots of buyers remorse. Lots of sour grapes from those who happily spent thousands of dollars but apparently not much time figuring out the basics to ensure a great trip (what U hotels offer FOTL, necessity of FP+ & ADRs at WDW come to mind)

• I stayed in 2016 and visited later the same year. The resort is beautiful; standard room was very comfortable for two people. HIGHLY recommend the Coke infused rum at Strong Water Tavern; it was the BEST! Pool is great, large, zero entry on both sides was a great idea. My teenager liked the water slide as well and we were able to play water volleyball with beach balls provided.

Hi. Quick question. We usually stay at HRH, but they are booked the weekend we are planning to visit. We love their poolside bar and service that is offered when just hanging out for the day. Is there something similar to that at this hotel? Thank you.

Hi. Quick question. We usually stay at HRH, but they are booked the weekend we are planning to visit. We love their poolside bar and service that is offered when just hanging out for the day. Is there something similar to that at this hotel? Thank you.

Yes they have The Drhum Club which serves food and drinks.

They do serve you at your sun lounger too.

Info in first post for menus.

PBH and rph have the same set up you are talking about

Spend your pool day there no matter where you are staying

SFalls and Cbay probably have similar set up but I have not personally experienced it....
Yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!