The Bear Necessities! April 2019 W.I.S.H Goals

WATER...

One of the things I read just yesterday, while doing further research on this french thing, is that in addition to drinking plenty of water, you should drink a glass of water when you first get up and another right before you go to bed, and the french way to do this is to add a little lemon, honey and a pinch of salt. I forgot to do this this morning, but I'm going to go get a special fancy drinking glass that will sit on the kitchen counter as a reminder.

upload_2019-4-30_10-16-4.png

I was doing really well (for me at least) with drinking water until about mid to end of March when DD was sick. I just got off my schedule and haven't gotten back on. I will once we are moved into our new place at work where I have a bathroom closer then a 5 minute walk through several floors. My early Woohoo is we move tomorrow!!! Heres to natural lighting, running water and a bathroom in our area!!!!!

We had DD's appointment yesterday. She does need to have surgery. She has a fibrous material between 2 bones that should not be there. This is making her walk different and irritating the tissue on the front part of her ankle. There is a possibility that this does not work. Bone could grow into the spot that they remove making her have another surgery that is more complicated because it is now bone. By putting fat from her stomach in where they removed the fibrous stuff should stop this from happening. It could also just not work and she is still in pain. If this happens they they would fuse the bones together and she will lose some range of motion in her foot. We are hoping this will just work.

This is something that she was born with and very well could be in both feet. We will deal with the left foot if it ever becomes a problem. We are waiting to do surgery until mid June. It will be after school is out. She does have a trip to DC coming up so we are working on getting her a scooter because that is just too much walking on her foot.

Y
I was doing really well (for me at least) with drinking water until about mid to end of March when DD was sick. I just got off my schedule and haven't gotten back on. I will once we are moved into our new place at work where I have a bathroom closer then a 5 minute walk through several floors. My early Woohoo is we move tomorrow!!! Heres to natural lighting, running water and a bathroom in our area!!!!!

We had DD's appointment yesterday. She does need to have surgery. She has a fibrous material between 2 bones that should not be there. This is making her walk different and irritating the tissue on the front part of her ankle. There is a possibility that this does not work. Bone could grow into the spot that they remove making her have another surgery that is more complicated because it is now bone. By putting fat from her stomach in where they removed the fibrous stuff should stop this from happening. It could also just not work and she is still in pain. If this happens they they would fuse the bones together and she will lose some range of motion in her foot. We are hoping this will just work.

This is something that she was born with and very well could be in both feet. We will deal with the left foot if it ever becomes a problem. We are waiting to do surgery until mid June. It will be after school is out. She does have a trip to DC coming up so we are working on getting her a scooter because that is just too much walking on her foot.
Yes, hoping it just works the first time! She (and you!) must be so relieved that there is a reason she is having pain and that is fixable.

WATER...

One of the things I read just yesterday, while doing further research on this french thing, is that in addition to drinking plenty of water, you should drink a glass of water when you first get up and another right before you go to bed, and the french way to do this is to add a little lemon, honey and a pinch of salt. I forgot to do this this morning, but I'm going to go get a special fancy drinking glass that will sit on the kitchen counter as a reminder.

View attachment 398163

I could do the morning one, but not the right before bed!

We have very good water here, so I drink it from the tap or my fridge. I could always drink more, but I probably do ok-someone suggested a while back to always drink a glass of water before anything else in the morning so I have been doing that. Now that the weather is getting warmer I’ve been drinking club soda-with s wedge of Meyer lemon.

Zoehn, thank you so much for hosting April! It has been fun to catch up every day! You are a tough act to follow, but I will get May started-so look for the thread tomorrow and hope to see everyone there!

Keeping fingers crossed that this all works out the way you want it to.

Wow, here we are and April is almost over!!! Our very LAST MOTIVATION MONDAY of the month!!!

I also need to keep reality in mind - the reality of improving blood test results - I am going to have another blood test to check all my levels in one month from now.

So what is your motivation to get through this week? Anybody got plans wilder than driving 90 miles in a rental car with 6lbs of (about 20,000) live bees? If not, then no matter how things go this week, you can say at least THAT wasn't on your to-do list!!!

I hope your little friends were contained and BEEHAVED themselves on that drive :P

"take me as I am"... and first a foremost I'll be saying that to myself

Yes - this - its so hard though isn't it?

Today I put on a fairly new pair of jeans that I bought late fall/early winter and they were TOO BIG!

That is a great feeling - good for you :banana:

So, how much clear, unadulterated agua do you down per day? Do you wish it was more? Tap, filtered, or bottled? City, spring, or well? Do you think "doesn't matter if it's pure water as long as it's liquid?" Are you the "I drinks when I'm thirsty and that's good enough!" type? Have you ever tried the "your weight in ounces" method??? (I feel the need to pee just THINKING about that one!!!)

I have done so much better with water this year than for a long time - although the last few weeks a little more sugar free soft drink has crept back in - so I have been trying to refocus on that cool water. I tend to mostly drink tap water at home and will fill a water bottle to take with me that keeps it nice and cool. I like my water chilled - not straight from the tap. At work there is a filtered cooler tap so I get my water then when I need a refill.

I have heard of warm water with lemon in the morning - supposedly to help get your digestive system moving. But not necessarily at bed time - I agree with @PollyannaMom that could have me up through the night.

Sorry to hear your DD needs surgery - but hoping that the one will fix it ALL. Must still be a relief to have an answer to it all though.

My progress this month:

• Increase walking to twice per week - Nope - in fact due to weather it has been a few weeks since I have managed even one walk - although I have one scheduled for this afternoon with my friend - I think we need to do it even if it is in the dark with umbrellas!
  • Add strength training minimum 1 day per week - Again its a no - I really seem to struggle to add this to my day - I'm not entirely sure why - but looks like I will be rolling that over for next month.
  • Meal plan and shop for it! when the food isn't there waiting - its easier to get off track. - I did have some more success with this part of the goal - not entirely on track - but did ok

In general I didn't lose any weight this month - but have fluctuated around the same 700grams - so am calling it a maintain for the month.

I want to say a giant big THANKYOU to @Zhoen for being a great host this month - your topics and chatter have been very motivating and also brightened my day with laughter (in a good way ;)).

Last week a healthy living blogger I follow posted an article titled "Get French Fast", in which she chose highlights from a number of books about what French Women get right about life. A couple that stuck with me:

I've been chewing on the 'grown-up culture 'and 'never being out of the game' in particular and am starting to shift my thinking from hiding my age, which in turn makes me invisible, to standing up straight and owning my space. Not caring about being popular is also a biggie for me... my mantra this week is going to be "take me as I am"... and first a foremost I'll be saying that to myself. And not feeling guilty when choosing pleasure over work is also a mind shift I'm going to make. I ordered a couple of the books to delve deeper and get more ideas.

View attachment 397684

I have to admit that I have only known a handful (less than a handful, actually) of French people, to include French Canadians... and those few did their very best to live down to the worst stereotypes (as if an American has any room to talk... I know...) But I like your resolutions! Oh, and for Villain costumes... whichever one has the least clothing!!! We don't want you overheating!!! (And maybe dodge Ursula... I did a wicked-good Ursula for Halloween 11 years ago... Back then I needed to pad out the costume... but man, that purple body paint would be brutal in the humidity (actually, I left a smudge on the bathroom door at my work, and it was there for AGES!!!)

I’m off to the grocery store soon because we’re out of fresh vegetables. I need to get better at estimating what will get us through the week.

Hah! Me too! My kids are fruit bats, and it's either all gone in a heartbeat, or molders in the fridge until I get annoyed and throw it in the dehydrator... at which point THEN it's gone in a heartbeat. Arugula seems to just last and last though...

I thinking do pretty well with with water - usually filtered in a refillable bottle or insulated travel cup. (I have a few fun ones.)

:( I can't have nice things (fun travel cups...) until the houseapes grow up and move out... every time I try, the lids get lost...

I forgot to do this this morning, but I'm going to go get a special fancy drinking glass that will sit on the kitchen counter as a reminder.

I like the pretty cups!!! I think I'll start doing water in the morning, too... but I'll do it the Russian way... frozen in cubes with a generous splash of vodka... would make mornings MUCH more tolerable!!! Great idea!!! :P

You should get yourself a potted plant (pothos are good for offices) to celebrate natural lighting (and to remind you to drink your water... if the plant is wilting, it will remind you!!! So cactus would be a bad choice, then...) Good thinking on the scooter, DC can be a LOT of walking, but be sure the school/chaperone keeps in mind that some of the museums have handicap ramps far from the main entrances, so that would be worth researching ahead of time.

I hope your little friends were contained and BEEHAVED themselves on that drive :P

My progress this month:

In general I didn't lose any weight this month - but have fluctuated around the same 700grams - so am calling it a maintain for the month.

Hey, a maintain is better than gain!!! As for my little friends... they mostly made it safely... there are always a few dead ones in the bottom of the boxes who just didn't survive the trip for whatever reason, and it can be difficult not squishing any during the hiving process... but overall, I think it was a successful event... I'll know better in a week or so, if they haven't decided to fly off... meanwhile...

fce13cebbe5590e74431c7863a36ef2f--big-homes-fonder.jpg
Well, actually, the bees are buzzing in the hives to make some honey for themselves, but I'll steal some eventually once they have a surplus...

And now, as always... statistics.... boooo hissss!!! (See y'all on the May thread!!!)

@Zhoen Thanks so much for hosting April!! Great job! :worship:

I love water! I drink it straight from the tap every chance I get. I've never actually measured how much because I just seem to drink a lot, all the time!

I didn't get all my steps in every day this month, but some days I didn't worry about it because I was doing other active things. I did track. I did add some weights and stayed on track (mostly) with that. I also feel I was much more aware of better posture. So pretty good for the month.

See you in May.

I definitely have my ups and downs with water. But this month, I feel like I've nailed it! I constantly have a refillable water bottle with me. At school, I try to chug whatever is left during each break and refill. For me, routine is key to building healthy habits like this.

My April Goals were:
daily workouts
maintain my 12,000 steps per day (at least 5 out of 7 days)
meal planning, including one new recipe or food item per week

I was able to achieve all of these goals and actually had 12,000+ steps 27/30 days in April! Lost 4 pounds this month and, more importantly, I'm feeling great!

Thanks @Zhoen for leading us through April!

Y

Yes, hoping it just works the first time! She (and you!) must be so relieved that there is a reason she is having pain and that is fixable.

Sorry to hear your DD needs surgery - but hoping that the one will fix it ALL. Must still be a relief to have an answer to it all though.

We are all relieved to know. Surprisingly DD, who has anxiety on a normal day, is very calm. I am bracing for her to freak out as they take her away for the surgery.

You should get yourself a potted plant (pothos are good for offices) to celebrate natural lighting (and to remind you to drink your water... if the plant is wilting, it will remind you!!! So cactus would be a bad choice, then...) Good thinking on the scooter, DC can be a LOT of walking, but be sure the school/chaperone keeps in mind that some of the museums have handicap ramps far from the main entrances, so that would be worth researching ahead of time.

Thank you. I have talked to the school about a wheel chair but not a scooter. Scooter might be easier thou. She can still walk so they can carry the scooter up stairs while she walks. This is just to help keep the pain at bay. I will talk to them tonight at the meeting.

We are all relieved to know. Surprisingly DD, who has anxiety on a normal day, is very calm. I am bracing for her to freak out as they take her away for the surgery
[/QUOTE

Piglet, I was given a Valium (a very low dose) before going into surgery to have my thyroid removed. I remember my mother being given one as well before a procedure. Maybe this would be an option for your daughter?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!