The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves! (my journal)

Hey Don!

How are you doing? It's been awhile since we've heard from you. Hope you, Elaine, and the kids are doing well.:goodvibes

Did you hear? My CAVS are in the NBA Finals!!!!:yay: :woohoo: :banana: :cool1: I know they haven't been doing so well, but maybe they can turn it around like they did with the Pistons. Go Cavs!:cheer2:

Any Disney plans on the horizon? We're going in Sept (free dining!:yay: ) and in December for our annual trip. Looking forward to both!:woohoo:

Hope everyone is doing well!:goodvibes

Hi DIS friends, sorry to be gone for so long, missed you all :sad1: BUT, a couple of good things to report. #1, I'm back on the losing train!! Several things, started working out semi-regularly, got a decent exercise room here at work, main thing i do is 20-30 minutes inclined treadmill, keep the heart rate at about 130-140. Cut down portion size, sick of overeating, and I've been taking some green tea pills, I think they're helping :confused3 Going back to the start, I'm down a full 50 lbs., which feels good. Packed up all my 52 and 50 waist pants to send to goodwill. Bought 46 jeans and khakis a couple weeks ago, they feel good. my 4X shirts are pretty baggy, but the 3X's are still just a little tight, I like loose.

Sadly, what spurred this on is a real difficult time between Elaine and me. Its been kinda bad for several years, but the last 3 months have been really tough. I think we're both committed to keeping it together, but its not easy, and we both know that things have to change. A lot of it is both of us not feeling very good about ourselves, which translates into not feeling good about each other. Debt has always been a tough problem, and neither of us enjoys our jobs, but can't really change anything there drastically. I haven't been much of a spiritual leader, but I'm really trying to change that too. Been praying hard for these 3 months, something I had really stopped doing. Would appreciate your prayers :love:

ANYWAY!!!! the fun news is that we're going to Disneyland!!:banana: :banana: The bad news is that its only for 1 day :confused3 but that's really all we can afford, can't really even afford that! But i promised DD3 that I would take her if she could get potty trained. This is kid #5, and we've really lost a lot of our gung ho for that kind of thing, so she's taking a long time. She'll be 4 in early August, and starts preschool soon, but can't unless she's fully p-trained. She has good and bad days, hardest is getting her to do #2, but that's getting better too. This kind of came up as an opportunity to go, because my nephew is getting married on Friday in San Diego. DW is still with JetBlue, so we can still fly free, but the hotels and rental cars (and gas and food!!) are getting so expensive that we pretty much haven't traveled for a while. Our last big blowout was a Carnival Cruise for the whole family back in Dec. That really turned out to be a negative experience, for a lot of reasons, and kind of killed the travel bug for us for a while. Just cost so much, and too many bad feelings.

Well, I'm sorry that a lot of this post is a downer, but that's the way things have been, probably the main reason I haven't posted for so long. I do think we're at turning point, and things are definitely going to change. Whatever happens, its not going to be easy, but I do see a little light at the end of the tunnel.

Best WISHes to all of you.

Don

Glad to see you back! And congrats on the 50 lbs down! :yay: You are definitely on the right track with getting rid of the "too bigs". Just be careful on those shirts and don't convince yourself that they are comfy.....it just leads down the wrong road.

At any rate, it is great to hear that you are committed to changing your lifestyle. Sorry to hear that it is due to tough times with you and your DW. However, I can fully understand. DH and I are on each others nerves much more and it makes sense that you don't respect each other as much when you can't even give yourself some respect. It is good that you guys are committed to working through this.

I hear you on the potty training. After 4 kids (or 5, as in your case) you just want that part to be over. Sounds like your youngest is similar to mine. Hang in there.

Sending you lots of prayers on your journey.:wizard:

Hey Don!!!

It's great to hear from you!:goodvibes Congrats on losing 50 pounds!!! That's wonderful!:cheer2: I bet it felt good to pack up all of those old clothes!:thumbsup2

I will be praying for you and Elaine. :grouphug:

That's great that you'll get to spend a day in Disneyland! :goodvibes

Please keep us updated on how you're doing, Don!:goodvibes Have a great time at DL!!!!:banana:

Don -- It is so good to see you back here, and how fabulous that you are down 50 pounds!! :woohoo: :yay: :banana: How sad that you are having a rough time in your marriage; I always wish for my friends that their relationships are a haven. So glad you have the day trip to DL to look forward to. I hope it is absolutely wonderful for all of you. Really looking forward to sharing your journey here. I hope you'll keep posting. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter