The best gelato

Disney Skeptic

Earning My Ears
We're off to my first trip to WDW soon and I just wondered where to find the best gelato? 🍨 I've seen reviews that L'Artisan des Glaces in the French pavilion at Epcot serves good cold stuff, and Ghirardellis looks okay although they seem to focus a bit too much on sundaes etc. for my liking. My absolute fav is plain old Stracciatella (best in Italy of course!) but is there anything similar in Florida?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I think the only noteworthy stops for gelato/sorbets/ice cream in WDW are Artisan des glaces (Epcot - France), Ample Hill creamery (Boardwalk) and Enzo’s Hideaway (Disney Springs).I haven’t been to Vivoli yet, and we never found the cart in Italy to be something special.

The other shops, notably Beaches & Cream, Ghirardelli’s and the MK ice cream parlour sell commercial ice cream.

We're off to my first trip to WDW soon and I just wondered where to find the best gelato? 🍨 I've seen reviews that L'Artisan des Glaces in the French pavilion at Epcot serves good cold stuff, and Ghirardellis looks okay although they seem to focus a bit too much on sundaes etc. for my liking. My absolute fav is plain old Stracciatella (best in Italy of course!) but is there anything similar in Florida?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
You've made the distinction between gelato and ice cream......

.....Vivoli il Gelato is amongst the best I've ever had, particularly their pistachio.

FWIW, I believe that all their gelato products are made on-premises.

The menu includes more than just 'scoops' of their gelato, they have over-the-top items like spaghetti & meatballs (confection).....and themed-shakes.....

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/01/mardi-gras-shake-kc1/

There is a cart that sells Gelato in Italy (EPCOT). It is the absolute best. France is great too, though. Come to think of it, I never met a gelato that I didn't like. :love:

Absolutely! Last time we were in Italy (2018), it was at least 2 gelato visits every single day!! Sometimes 3!!! However, it's Florida this year and not Italy, so have to make do I guess.

Thanks everyone for your help with this.

.....Vivoli il Gelato is amongst the best I've ever had, particularly their pistachio.

FWIW, I believe that all their gelato products are made on-premises.

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/01/mardi-gras-shake-kc1/

This! My son spent a semester near Florence, Italy, and that is where Vivoli started. He said the Florida location tastes just as good as the one in Florence. I also think that they import a lot of ingredients. I love the Creama, which is just plain old vanilla but so excellent. I plan on trying one of their Bomboli (sp?) which is a fresh baked donut, split and filled with gelato. Come on - can't be anything better than that!!!

Vivoli at Disney Springs is excellent. Second PP that pistachio is very good. Enzo's Hideaway at Disney Springs also good. Any ice cream at both Ample Hills on Boardwalk and L'Artisans in Epcot is wonderful but not gelato.

Along with all of the others mentioned, Wolfgang pucks express in Disney springs has a gelato stand. I can’t say how it compares to the rest but it was very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter