The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

Does anyone have a guess as to what ticket prices for Miss Saigon have been like at TKTS? I am trying to decide if it's worth getting up early to try for rush tickets at the box office, or just wait and buy them at TKTS. Do you know if they do rush tickets for the matinee, or just the evening show? We are seeing Paul McCartney on Friday night and staying on W37th, which is about a 15 block hike to the Broadway, where Miss Saigon is playing. I'm just not sure I want to be up and out that early the morning after the concert!

FYI Sir Paul's show is approx 2 HRS 45 min. Maybe that will help you determine how late you'll be up after the show. :)

I just picked up a subscription at Providence Performing Arts Center for this upcoming year, so I'll be seeing quite a few shows in the coming months. I saw Les Miz on Friday and it was great (not part of the subscription), and I'll be seeing Fun Home, Finding Neverland, Kinky Boots (I was able to opt into this one by opting out of The Bodyguard), Love Never Dies, On Your Feet, An American in Paris and Something Rotten. Next year when I renew I'll be able to order Hamilton tickets as well.

I just picked up a subscription at Providence Performing Arts Center for this upcoming year, so I'll be seeing quite a few shows in the coming months. I saw Les Miz on Friday and it was great (not part of the subscription), and I'll be seeing Fun Home, Finding Neverland, Kinky Boots (I was able to opt into this one by opting out of The Bodyguard), Love Never Dies, On Your Feet, An American in Paris and Something Rotten. Next year when I renew I'll be able to order Hamilton tickets as well.
Fun Home is amazing

Saw The Bodyguard at Paper Mill - it was terrific. I'd see that over Kinky Boots!

Just a head’s up for anyone wanting to go see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. You need to register for a code within the next few days. It doesn’t sound like registering guarantees a code, but you must have one in order to even try for tickets.

https://www.harrypottertheplay.com/us/ticket-info/

If you get a code, you will get a specific time band in which to purchase tickets. Tickets go on sale the 18th, I believe. Most tickets will be sold as pairs, either as a matinee and evening performance, or on two consecutive nights. I think the consecutive night pairing is Wednesday and Thursdsy, and the two show days are Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I’m not 100% sure on that, but it’s all detailed in the link. If you wanted to split your viewing over a few weeks, there are only certain shows that can be split, AND you would need a separate code for each show. Pretty dicey.

Good luck!

My husband and I went to see Wicked last month, it was okay. I didn't care for it because I kind of got confused halfway, but the music is catchy. My favorite show would have to be Jersey Boys.

Good choice- I would take Kinky Boots over The Bodyguard any day! Fun Home was a good shoe and Something Rotten was really good too- never saw the others (other than Les Miz)- but I have seen Hamilton and it was AMAZING!!

I'm seeing Anastasia on Thursday!! Really looking forward to it :)

I also registered for Cursed Child tickets. May the odds be ever in my favor!

Would Waitress be acceptable for a 14 year old? I would love to see it and I know my daughter would love the music. I just wasn't sure if the story line would be ok for an early teen. If not our other option is School of Rock. Is that show any good?

Would Waitress be acceptable for a 14 year old? I would love to see it and I know my daughter would love the music. I just wasn't sure if the story line would be ok for an early teen. If not our other option is School of Rock. Is that show any good?

My daughters theater group took the younger kids to see that- they were about 10-14.

I just looked on the app and Miss Saigon in 50% off. I see it frequently. Just know that is usually 50% off the highest price tickets. My DD and I have used TKTS many times and have always had seats in the Orchestra section, many times quite good seats too!

Shows change frequently! Gotta keep checking! :magnify: :)

I just looked on the app and Miss Saigon in 50% off. I see it frequently. Just know that is usually 50% off the highest price tickets. My DD and I have used TKTS many times and have always had seats in the Orchestra section, many times quite good seats too!

Miss Saigon is usually on TKTS every night. I got 10th row orchestra center seats back in June for $87 (50% off). Great seats - and it was a terrific production, so definitely worth going.

We saw The Honeymooners at Paper Mill on Sunday. Talented cast, but just seemed like a really odd "musical" choice. I really preferred the old tv reruns.
Not thrilled with Paper Mill's season choices this year - all new shows except "Annie" - and that is one show I truly have NO NEED to see YET AGAIN! lol

Going to see Anastasia in a few weeks and am very excited!! That was our daughter's favorite "non-Disney" movie as a little girl!

We saw The Honeymooners at Paper Mill on Sunday. Talented cast, but just seemed like a really odd "musical" choice. I really preferred the old tv reruns.
Not thrilled with Paper Mill's season choices this year - all new shows except "Annie" - and that is one show I truly have NO NEED to see YET AGAIN! lol

Going to see Anastasia in a few weeks and am very excited!! That was our daughter's favorite "non-Disney" movie as a little girl!

Ugh I agree! I'm seeing it on Saturday, and while I'm excited for theater 5 minutes from home I'm not really that excited for the season. Especially because I'm not overally interested in all the new shows they picked.

I got preview tickets for "Once on this Island" next month as a birthday present for my DD. She is dying to see Lea Salonga.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts