The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

Ugh I agree! I'm seeing it on Saturday, and while I'm excited for theater 5 minutes from home I'm not really that excited for the season. Especially because I'm not overally interested in all the new shows they picked.

I think they got overly excited on the success of Newsies, Honeymoon in Vegas, Bandstand, A Bronx Tale - and went crazy on the "new show hoping to get to Broadway" theme. I'm all for new productions, but the season subscribers do like revivals of big hits, too. I don't want to see an entire season of new shows. (and "Annie" :rolleyes2 )

Would Waitress be acceptable for a 14 year old? I would love to see it and I know my daughter would love the music. I just wasn't sure if the story line would be ok for an early teen. If not our other option is School of Rock. Is that show any good?
I decided against Waitress for my 14 year old. I read a few articles about some sexual scenes. So I guess it's all about your comfort level. Here is one article I read:

https://jerseykids.net/2017/05/22/waitress-broadway-review-waitress-appropriate-kids/

Kind of heartbroken Laura Benanti won't be playing Eliza Doolittle. I know that was her dream role.

Caught Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and M. Butterfly this weekend. I liked Charlie well enough, but the audience was a zoo. M. Butterfly is one of those scripts that I've always loved. I know it's the first week of performances, but they still have a way to go to tighten things up. My boyfriend actually stayed awake for the whole thing (He doesn't do so well with straight plays) and even shed a few tears. Jin Ha was wonderful as Song Liling though. I can only imagine the performance will be quite spectacular as the run progresses.

We did have a fun little surprise when we sat next to Ramin Karimloo for breakfast before the show!

So bummed. Neither I nor my older daughter got a Harry Potter access code. Hoping my younger daughter or my grandson do. Haven’t heard from them yet.

So bummed. Neither I nor my older daughter got a Harry Potter access code. Hoping my younger daughter or my grandson do. Haven’t heard from them yet.

Ugh! I didn't get pre-verified either - on standby.

Really hoping we can get tickets when they go on sale and not have to pay a ton for third party tickets.

I'm about to buy some expensive third party tickets for Dear Evan Hansen. My daughter really wants to see the show again before Ben Platt leaves next month. I'm tempted to stand in line for cancellation tickets...

I am so excited- I got picked for access code for Harry Potter! Now still doesn't guarantee me tickets but I at least get a shot at them.

I am so excited- I got picked for access code for Harry Potter! Now still doesn't guarantee me tickets but I at least get a shot at them.

I did too. My DD and her friends want to see the show, so I am one of the potential ticket buyers. Now they just have to settle on a date and how much they want to spend so that when my window opens I know what I'm supposed to do! Of the six that tried for the code, only 3 got it.

Just an update that it was difficult to get tickets even with the access code, especially since I was trying to coordinate with other people. Finally got tickets only after having upped the price to almost double what these young adults wanted to spend! Luckily, one of the people actually going got the them so I didn't end up shelling out almost 2K for 6 tickets when I'm not one of the people going! Those that are going seem very excited tho' :-)

Last edited:
Did you see how much Cursed Child tickets are going for on Stub Hub? It's insane. I remember thinking $1200 was crazy for Hamilton with original cast, but some of these are $3000.

Did you see how much Cursed Child tickets are going for on Stub Hub? It's insane. I remember thinking $1200 was crazy for Hamilton with original cast, but some of these are $3000.

I got a ticket yesterday. I don't think people are actually going to be able to sell them. I think they are tied to a person's account. I'm sure some people are going to figure out a way, but it won't be easy. On the plus side, you are able to return tickets up to 14 days before the performance. Which is awesome.

I got a ticket yesterday. I don't think people are actually going to be able to sell them. I think they are tied to a person's account. I'm sure some people are going to figure out a way, but it won't be easy. On the plus side, you are able to return tickets up to 14 days before the performance. Which is awesome.

Do you follow Cursed Child on Twitter? They replied to someone re how to transfer a ticket. You have to click on tweets & replies to see it.

Do you follow Cursed Child on Twitter? They replied to someone re how to transfer a ticket. You have to click on tweets & replies to see it.

Thanks! Still doesn't look like you'd be able to do a Stubhub thing, but nice that they can at least be exchanged or sold to someone you know.

Thanks! Still doesn't look like you'd be able to do a Stubhub thing, but nice that they can at least be exchanged or sold to someone you know.

I wonder if Ticketmaster will eventually allow resales on its website. (not that i would sell mine.)

I finally got to see Sweeney Todd on Barrow St. last night. The bf got us tickets for my birthday. We sat downstairs at table C - seats 7 & 8. No pie - but I didn't really care about all that anyway. Hugh Panaro has been my favorite Phantom for years, so to finally get to see him perform in such an intimate setting, without amplification was awesome. My favorite part was during "Epiphany" when he jumped up on our table and held a razor to my throat - completely intense and the best birthday present ever! We had excellent seats and actually I had quite a few nice moments with the actors during the performance. lol Carolee (another fave) is almost a definitive Mrs. Lovett. Overall, the voices last night were incredible and it was a very exciting experience. Coming up this week: Anastasia and DOLLY - round #5!

So did anyone have any luck getting Seattle Hamilton tickets today? Despite getting the Ticketmaster verification code I had no luck. Just kept getting a message saying that they could not process my transaction. Boo...

DS called yesterday all excited because he was getting to go to "Lion King" last night, and he said it was the 20th anniversary performance.I didn't get to ask him how last night's show was supposed to be different. Anyone else go or know about it?

Saw SpongeBob (still in previews) last night and enjoyed it. Set design was awesome, it was interactive with the audience (bubbles, streamers) and quite funny. $49 second balcony seats so the view wasn’t the best (had to lean forward to see things that were downstage) but overall I’d recommend it for a night of light hearted entertainment. And even though there was a fair share of children there, the audience was mostly young adults

Last edited:
Had to start a new post just for Dear Evan Hansen but ........WOW! I believe that was the most incredible piece that I’ve seen performed on Broadway (sorry Hamilton, but you’re a close second). Ben Platt has an out of body experience! His acting.....I just can’t even describe. Feel extremely lucky to have been able to see the original cast (no understudies performed when I saw it) and will cherish this memory forever.

Last edited:
Had to start a new post just for Dear Evan Hansen but ........WOW! I believe that was the most incredible piece that I’ve seen performed on Broadway (sorry Hamilton, but you’re a close second). Ben Platt has an out of body experience! His acting.....I just can’t even describe. Feel extremely lucky to have been able to see the original cast (no understudies performed when I saw it) and will cherish this memory forever.

I thought Michael Faist was amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!