The Day-59 Blues.

That's why I like going late in the year. I have a lot of stuff to keep me busy in those 60 days.

I am at 60 days today. Fastpass reservations made this morning, and online check-in completed. I wait now as well...

I'm with you. It feels like we made our FP+ selections so long ago, but we still have 43 days to go.

My window opens Friday and it has been all consuming! I know I will feel the same way Friday afternoon!

BUT, your trip is only 59 days away :)

I loathe those 59 days!

I'm 27 days away and it's now into what I call my "2nd guessing madness" phase. I'm now looking back at my plans saying to myself- how and why did I think EMH at AK was going to be a good idea? Maybe I need to switch that to my Epcot day, oh but I have a ROL dining package and no way in heck can I change that to another day (yes,I've checked). Are my FP+ really the right choices and the right times? What if I've ruined it all by not choosing wisely!?!?

To try and calm this I come to the Dis where I read threads about the right park shoes, bags, hair styles, packing list-oh gosh do I have those, do I need those? I mean I've only gone to WDW annually since 2001, but maybe I've done it wrong all this time...and off I go into COMPLETE MADNESSo_O :sad2::crazy:.

That's ok I know it will pass because in about 2 weeks I'll be on to my "too excited to sleep" phase where I will wake up every morning at 4 AM because I know my trip is coming up and I'm just so darn happy and excited about how lucky I am that I get to go to WDW again.

And before you know it, I'm on a plane and on my way :yay:

I loathe those 59 days!

I'm 27 days away and it's now into what I call my "2nd guessing madness" phase. I'm now looking back at my plans saying to myself- how and why did I think EMH at AK was going to be a good idea? Maybe I need to switch that to my Epcot day, oh but I have a ROL dining package and no way in heck can I change that to another day (yes,I've checked). Are my FP+ really the right choices and the right times? What if I've ruined it all by not choosing wisely!?!?

To try and calm this I come to the Dis where I read threads about the right park shoes, bags, hair styles, packing list-oh gosh do I have those, do I need those? I mean I've only gone to WDW annually since 2001, but maybe I've done it wrong all this time...and off I go into COMPLETE MADNESSo_O :sad2::crazy:.

That's ok I know it will pass because in about 2 weeks I'll be on to my "too excited to sleep" phase where I will wake up every morning at 4 AM because I know my trip is coming up and I'm just so darn happy and excited about how lucky I am that I get to go to WDW again.

And before you know it, I'm on a plane and on my way :yay:

My group is doing that for me! They are second guessing waking up early to get to the park before the lines get long! My brother wants to wing it and my mother is requesting more bathroom breaks in the touring plan.

Get a jump start on planning your next trip.....you know, just in case there's a sweet bounceback deal that you can't pass up :thumbsup2

My group is doing that for me! They are second guessing waking up early to get to the park before the lines get long! My brother wants to wing it and my mother is requesting more bathroom breaks in the touring plan.

I don't schedule bathroom breaks, but at Disney they call me the Drill Sgt. because I do make them get up early. I do plan for breaks at the resort for swimming and naps, so I think that makes it easier on them. They will thank you when they have gotten to spend their day doing things instead of waiting in lines!

The solution? Book another trip ;)
We go next week but we have another trip at Memorial Day.
Then another tentatively planned for my birthday in Aug
Then another tentatively planned for Fall break in Oct
So there's always something to plan

That's how I get through the blues after the vacation. I'm always happy having a trip to look forward to!

Right there with you - less than 60 (but trying hard not to count down yet). I am doing a fairly ridiculous count down calendar for my kids which will start when we are about a month out, so I still have planning/crafting to keep me busy. In addition to a sticker calendar to count down the days, each day has either a note with info about our trip (like which resort we are staying at) or instructions to pull something from the "Disney grab bag" - gifts like mickey hand sanitizer, frogg toggs towels, tshirts for the trip, an "invitation" to our CRT dinner etc. That way everyone (especially my 4 year old) can have some sense of how much longer until our trip, and we have some entertainment value in the meantime.

I only told them about the trip last weekend (right around my 60 day mark) so I had that to look forward to as well!

I have 11 days left until my trip, it seems like just the other day that I was at the 40 something day mark. Enjoy the wait - your trip will be here and then over before you know it! The forums are always a good distraction. Be careful with those countdown calendars, it can get depressing if you check them too often, and seems to make things drag!

Who is in your party?

I know I am a bit freakish -- what I do after the 60 day point is start to plan clothes. We don't wear matching outfits, however, I learned the hard way that co-ordinating outfits make much better photos. I had one trip with stripes/plaid/neon green/olive green messy photos and now I make sure we are wearing things that look nice together. Mostly, my daughter picks her outfit, I find something that doesn't clash, and then I pick the boys clothes. My boys and husband are happy to have their clothes laid out for them (which I would NEVER do from them at home) and my daughter and I have more planning to do, which we love, and the end result is photos that look nice. For a 16 day trip, the clothes planning will keep us occupied for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts