The DIS Fit: 2019 thread. Join us in the New Hopes and Goals thread.

Well ... you're preaching to the choir here, I'm the queen of the acid tummy!
Here's my list of go-tos when the stomach is in rebel mode:
pasta with butter & cheese
toast with small amount of nut butter for protein
bake taters with whatever

Snacks are harder and why i do most of our baking. Most of these things aren't very low-cal but when i'm in trouble it's more about eating something!

• One of my favourite things is banana coconut steel cut oats, I'll make a massive batch up in the crockpot (huhm, wonder if my IP would be a good choice now??) and then portion it up into sammie bags and pop them in the freezer. When i need something i can chuck it in the microwave, add some milk and heat it up for some quick energy.
  • Date turnovers that i make and freeze -- if not, just grab a date to nibble on when i walk past
  • When I'm craving something sweet or with significant flavour I'll pop some gum in my mouth, sounds silly but it helps deal with the "OMG everything tastes the same" sensation. (Currently chomping on some wickedly sour stuff)
  • I also keep a stash of Ensure in the fridge for when i can't even think about eating but know that i need some protein. Not happy that it has to be vanilla but it does feel like a bit of a treat and more filling than a glass of milk.
  • Hubby like bananas in a very small window of ripeness, when they pass that point i slice them and freeze them. I can then blend them up with some milk & berries for a smoothie
  • Frozen grapes -- makes them sweeter!
  • popcorn --we've recently found some cheese stuff that is pretty good
I've been weaning myself off of chocolate and while i ever eat much anyway, it is really HARD!! But i'm afraid it has become something i need to avoid.
I am reading and absorbing every word you wrote.
I said to my middle son today "I swear I am going to go buy some ensure" I am craving protein badly.
Banana /strawberry smoothies are a favorite of mine,,although I usually get them from Starbucks,,I am sure I could make them at home though.
Thanks for sharing and all your ideas,I appreciate it.
Hugs
Mel

I am reading and absorbing every word you wrote.
I said to my middle son today "I swear I am going to go buy some ensure" I am craving protein badly.
Banana /strawberry smoothies are a favorite of mine,,although I usually get them from Starbucks,,I am sure I could make them at home though.
Thanks for sharing and all your ideas,I appreciate it.
Hugs
Mel
I'll dig out the information I got from my nutritionist -- she had lots of suggestions for easy protein sources. I use something other than the standard Ensure, forget what it's actually called, but it's Waaaaay more $$ than the others and only comes in a box of 4 but packs more food value per bottle. I only use it when i can't eat anything else. I keep some of the others on hand for lazy days too :P

Hemp hearts also pack a whole lot of protein in a small quantity 3 TBSP = 10 gm I mix some in with my yogurt (and then pick them out of my teeth for hours :rotfl2:)

OH yeah, i forgot nature's power source of protein that's quick & easy on the tummy -- EGGS! Really versatile and easy to adapt flavour wise. Let me know if you need any other suggestions, I've been doing this boring diet for years now

Last edited:
Well, I'm down another 1.2 lbs this week! And, I am wearing a pair of pants I haven't been able to wear in at least 1-2 years! I haven't been down to this weight since April 2015? So in 8 weeks I've lost 7.8 lbs, so almost 1 lb per week, which is what I've been striving for.

I think the snow shoveling this week gave me some extra exercise I wasn't accounting for! ugh

Hemp hearts also pack a whole lot of protein in a small quantity 3 TBSP = 10 gm I mix some in with my yogurt (and then pick them out of my teeth for hours :rotfl2:)

Ah the food that keeps on giving. I have wires behind my teeth. Those sound like they would be lots of fun for me. Eat then floss, rinse, repeat.:D

Well, I'm down another 1.2 lbs this week! And, I am wearing a pair of pants I haven't been able to wear in at least 1-2 years! I haven't been down to this weight since April 2015? So in 8 weeks I've lost 7.8 lbs, so almost 1 lb per week, which is what I've been striving for.

I think the snow shoveling this week gave me some extra exercise I wasn't accounting for! ugh

Way to go @ilovetotravel1977 . You're doing a great job. I'm still afraid to step on the scale. I use the how my current clothes fit to judge how I'm doing. That and my energy level. At my advanced age serious weight loss may not be in the cards and that's OK.

@ottawamom, I hear ya! I've only been successful as I'm totally on the wagon. If I'm only half on it, I might as well not even bother.

I weigh myself every night before bed and every morning. But I only have one official weigh day that I actually count. In my mind, by weighing myself twice per day, I keep myself in check. Some people think it's unhealthy to do that, but it keeps me on the straight and narrow. To each her own, I guess.

After having my BR surgery last year, I'm aware of not gaining weight as I don't want my surgery to be all for nothing!

Congratulations, @ilovetotravel1977 Keep up the good work.

@ottawamom, I hear ya! I've only been successful as I'm totally on the wagon. If I'm only half on it, I might as well not even bother.

I weigh myself every night before bed and every morning. But I only have one official weigh day that I actually count. In my mind, by weighing myself twice per day, I keep myself in check. Some people think it's unhealthy to do that, but it keeps me on the straight and narrow. To each her own, I guess.

After having my BR surgery last year, I'm aware of not gaining weight as I don't want my surgery to be all for nothing!
@ottawamom you do what you have to do. We each have our own ways. I know that if I record what I eat/drink, I do a better job. So, now I have to be disciplined enough to do that. :p

Well I need to get back on track with eating for sure, my stomach has not been happy with me lately! March break is next week so hopefully I'll be able to focus and do better. We have no real plans, Captain Marvel Saturday afternoon, visit my parents one day, we'll see what else! The weather looks to be improving though, apparently today was the coldest day for awhile. I'll believe it when it warms up though!

I am having to replan my entire trip this summer now with Galaxy's Edge opening on the 29th. We had planned to visit HS on the 30th, and I guess we still will. But I think we'll be early morning to lunch time and then head to a different park for the rest of the day, I can only handle big crowds so long. Which is why I choose this time of year to go! Any way. Planning is fun so it'll work out I'm sure, but I am worried I have some dining booked that I'll need to re-schedule. I guess kiddo will be excited if we get to see or do anything Star Wars related.

I also step on the scale before bed & immediately after i pee first thing in the morning with not much on other than the tattered nightie (TMI!) It is a good gauge to where i am and it stops the slow creep from happening. If i see a number that makes me shudder I push the water for a few days and it drops again to my "comfort zone" My main desire isn't exaclty tied to those numbers though but how my clothes feel ... i REFUSE to buy anything bigger.

tenor.gif

Packing day......................... I think I am all ready to go.
Everything seems to be fitting into the carry on and handbag.
So no *Goofing Off* while I'm away.
I just pre bought a ticket to see Captain Marvel in Disney Springs!YEAH!
Goofy.jpg

I'll be keeping up with my steps and probably adding a few extra.
Hugs to everyone and have a warmer week.
Hugs
Mel

Well March break is wrapping up, did not get out as much as I had planned! But the weather did warm up, then freeze, so there is some ice in places (my driveway lol). It looks like next week is going to warm up above 0 again so looking forward to that. And maybe getting outside. There is just so much snow to melt. We went to visit my parents about an hour away and they have patches of grass showing through the snow, it's really not that far but such a difference!

The sun being up later is nice, though I think it's a bit dark in the morning now. Still seems more like spring is on the way. I am going to really try and follow WW for the next month, until Easter, and see if I can just stick to it. I think I have sort of figured it out, though it's still an adjustment from eating keto before. I'll need to measure and keep tracking. Tracking in advance is the key I think, keeping it on track before I start eating for the day. I'll give it a month and if I can't stick with it I will go back to keto.

Looking forward to my Disney trip in 161 days, and then a cruise in 364 days. I just need to be able to do the walking at Disney that I know is needed to see it all :)

Hope everyone is doing well!

I have fallen off my treadmill walking these last few days. Actually I've fallen off walking altogether. I was wallpapering the kitchen and ended up breaking my toe. I really should wear shoes and/or socks in the house (DH says I need steel toes shoes). A few days for the swelling to go down and I'll be back at it. The kitchen looks great my toe not so much.

I have fallen off my treadmill walking these last few days. Actually I've fallen off walking altogether. I was wallpapering the kitchen and ended up breaking my toe. I really should wear shoes and/or socks in the house (DH says I need steel toes shoes). A few days for the swelling to go down and I'll be back at it. The kitchen looks great my toe not so much.
OUCH! Feel better soon! I've just recently began wearing inside shoes (Asics court shoes) around the house. I'm loving it-especially when I exercise. I'm going to encourage hubby to do the same-he's diabetic and should always have something on his feet. Toughest thing is to remember to change them before I leave the house.
:o

So sorry Hon
I hope it heals soon.
Healing hugs being sent your way.
Hugs
Mel

Mini March Break report

My stamina was greatly improved from my trip in Jan.
My steps averaged over 12,000 each day. I used ice packs on the knees each day.Advil twice a day.
I could not take my old Birkenstocks and broke in a new pair on this holiday and they actually caused very little pain being new.
I really enjoyed all the warmth,humidity and sunshine.I kept the A/C off most of the time.
Captain Marvel was great and I enjoyed the Dine In theater.:love:
My dining companion for the Rose and Crown Tea was delightful,,we had so much fun.pixiedust:I found it informative but a bit rushed,and the scones were not fresh.
Epcot flower and Garden Festival was great,,give me a sunny day and flowers and I'm a happy camper.:rose:
Magic Kingdom was ok,,Pirates went down and it is my favorite ride. I just kind of felt that one and done feeling about the Park this trip. Time for a break--maybe U/O.
So now it's back to work and figuring out how I am going to make 61 Oompa Loompa choir costumes for our schools May production.:tilt::tilt::tilt:
Good to be home.
Hugs
Mel

Sounds like you had a great time. Good to hear that all your hard work dancing is paying off (more energy for the parks). I love the Flower and Garden Festival, especially when I'm still sitting under several feet of snow.

Mickey and Minnie have only just reappeared after their long winter nap in my backyard. I'm back on the treadmill today, walking more slowly but still getting my distance in.

Good luck with those costumes that is quite an undertaking. What about using this as your base as a starting point and then add a white X

https://www.wordans.ca/gildan-2000-...Ct1AV3ReSXnNZtFWu_pGlPLZ6oG_G7XIaAgcgEALw_wcB

Sounds like you had a great time. Good to hear that all your hard work dancing is paying off (more energy for the parks). I love the Flower and Garden Festival, especially when I'm still sitting under several feet of snow.

Mickey and Minnie have only just reappeared after their long winter nap in my backyard. I'm back on the treadmill today, walking more slowly but still getting my distance in.

Good luck with those costumes that is quite an undertaking. What about using this as your base as a starting point and then add a white X

https://www.wordans.ca/gildan-2000-...Ct1AV3ReSXnNZtFWu_pGlPLZ6oG_G7XIaAgcgEALw_wcB

Hi Hon
I actually ordered 61 xl mens white t shirts,,,now here's where you can get some exercise...follow along for fun
https://www.tshirtideal.ca/gildan-5000-heavyweight-cotton-t-shirt.html

get an extra large t shirt (mens)
sit in a chair...--turn the t shirt upside down so you are looking at the waist.....now put your feet into the waist of the t shirt and then into the sleeves. Now pull it up like you would a pair of pants.
You now have puffy (oompa loompa) pants . Sew two white ribbon suspenders onto the front,,,---cross the (suspenders) and pin at the back.
Hot glue two felt buttons on the front.(I am hoping to get the grade 6-8 girls to cut the buttons out).
Now pray these turn out ok....................
I am actually stressing over these turning out but have the help of my sister in law who does know how to sew,,,me I kind of break sewing machines and use the dry cleaners for alterations and repairs.
Wish me luck.
P.S. I am so happy Mickey and Minnie are reappearing!:sunny::sunny:
Hugs
Mel

That's a very creative use for a T-shirt. I think they will look great and very little sewing is a bonus. Take pictures (minus any children specific identifying features) and post them. I'd love to see how they turn out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter