The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

A few pics from the hike. First it was not super crowded. We did pass people and the trail heads definitely had a lot of cars. I did see a few of our state parks shut this morning for capacity. We did a 4 hour hike. I have no trail legs. It was 7.5 miles and 2250 ft of gain. We were tired and starving. Enjoying some wine on the balcony and then bed. Mallory got an evening walk but she is not happy with us at all. She did not hit her fun quota.

1B9FBB56-6834-484F-953B-CDA0B8138611.jpeg

Decided to take the MH out for a drive. First it was 1/2 mile to the gas station, 37 gallons at 1.89. Still had 1/4 tank, but it’s full now. After pumping gas, got back in turned the key and nothing. Use the crossover switch to use the house batteries and nothing.
Was able to get a jump and get back to the house, backed in the driveway took out 3 dead batteries and went to parts store for new ones. 430.00 later, she started right up and we went for a 1 1/2 hr ride. Now back home having lunch then pressure washing the MH.

Decided to take the MH out for a drive. First it was 1/2 mile to the gas station, 37 gallons at 1.89. Still had 1/4 tank, but it’s full now. After pumping gas, got back in turned the key and nothing. Use the crossover switch to use the house batteries and nothing.
Was able to get a jump and get back to the house, backed in the driveway took out 3 dead batteries and went to parts store for new ones. 430.00 later, she started right up and we went for a 1 1/2 hr ride. Now back home having lunch then pressure washing the MH.

I just had to put two heavy amp batteries in my John Deere tractor. I had not realized how much batteries had jumped in price. o_O

I’m certainly no expert...but I’m guessing this parting seal on my slide needs addressing?

Attachments

• B7C8209F-2A01-4C22-919F-04CBFF30733C.jpeg
    B7C8209F-2A01-4C22-919F-04CBFF30733C.jpeg
    43.3 KB · Views: 5
This weekend we managed to not watch a whole lot of TV at all! Friday was spent working on the final things needed to be ready to paint the built in shelves. Saturday was supposed to start with mowing the lawn, but then the new to me mower threw a idler pulley bearing. Good thing about commercial mowers, the parts are easy to find and cheap. Hit up amazon and had a new pulley arriving on Sunday (and I checked the rest to make sure that wasn't going to happen again.)

I spent the rest of the afternoon working on the built ins and finally finishing them up for a family zoom call and games. Sunday morning I got the final coat of paint.

We spent the afternoon/evening with a small group of friends to grill and figure out how to socialize with COVID. It went well, even if it was a bit cold we had a patio heater and good food which made it enjoyable.

Monday was much nicer and my day started with fixing a new issue with the mower as the float in the mowers carb got stuck. Some people just do not take care of their equipment all that well, but I think we are at the end of those issues.

While I was working on that Melissa and the girls got busy loading up books. Looks like we might need more shelves.....

All that is left is to replace that carpet, since we where replacing it once this was done. It was not in great condition to start with, and then add in the mess of building everything. So once that is done the room is completed!!!

Well, it happened. I have sold my Hayabusa. It left today for it's new home. I asked DW about getting a new motorcycle, more suiting for touring and it was a resounding no. But we are hopefully still headed to the Fort in Oct. for the Dismeet.
Seals for the axles shipped today and should be here before the end of the week, so maybe, we might have our trailer back in a week.

The Boston Marathon was canceled today. I was expecting it. I can use my race from Oct 2018 to apply for April 2021 but not guaranteed to get in. At least it means I am nit training for a race that won’t happen.

that means extra hiking at the mini dismeet in July.

The Boston Marathon was canceled today. I was expecting it.
I saw this on my news feed today and immediately thought of you. Does this mean you can submit a better time and increase your chances for next year?

j

@Teamubr well i could run another race and submit a better time if i got one. The big issue is that no races are happening between now on Sep. My hope is that since most races have not happened that will help my cause. Chicago is normally a big contributor to BQs and that race did happen Oct 2019 and was fairly fast.

I am still on the fence about the virtual race. my big problem is running a marathon in Atlanta in Sep. That will be miserable.

Well just cancelled our November trip. I will wait to see some Disney Christmas magic. I am not going to try and fly this year and then navigate whatever mess Disney finally comes up with. October is fine, it is a camping trip, if I get to the parks, ok, if not we will eat good and drink. Trailer getting her new shoes put on next week, and still waiting on propane box.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!