The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Go to Oreiley Autoparts website, and in the search box put in 121g and see what it shows.
I got a 404 error, but I could see the url it was trying to load. :-)

It looks like I'll be pulling out the above ground pool and digging a bigger hole for in in-ground. The local guy who put one in for my neighbor and was highly recommended, came in about $6000 less than everyone else. He said I was #9 in line so he wasn't expecting to get to mine until the first part of June. That gives me plenty of time to get the old pool out and about 500 square ft of composite deck down. The decking will get put b back around th e new poolmwhen it's done.

j

And remember to ditch the city building permit inspector whenever he comes around... :rolleyes1

Well yesterday was spent on the range. It was windy, and when the sun went down cool, but could have always been worse. Was a good day, now it is supposed to be 60 today with no wind, so thinking I can get some trailer prep done.

And remember to ditch the city building permit inspector whenever he comes around... :rolleyes1
If only it was that easy. Before anything can start, the pool installer, city zoning manager, city electrical inspector, electrical contractor and me all have to meet, on site to go over everything in the permit. To file the permit, "A boundary survey and pool location map completed by an Illinois Licensed Land Surveyor is required. All property corners/lines and easements must be staked and visible in the field at the time an on-site meeting is conducted."

It may take until June to get all that coordinated.

j

In my case, I went out in the back yard, drove a stake in the ground, attached a 24 foot long string and sprayed a paint circle. Then, I got out the tiller and started breaking ground until I got it all level. Luckily, I don't have to deal with all the permits and what-not. Luckily my back yard failed the perk test, so I was told an inground pool would not be a good idea so I avoided all the permits. However, I still gotta build the deck afterwards.

Jim, if the permits are still ongoing in June, you can stop by my house on the way back to Illinois and swim in mine if you like.

In my case, I went out in the back yard, drove a stake in the ground, attached a 24 foot long string and sprayed a paint circle. Then, I got out the tiller and started breaking ground until I got it all level. Luckily, I don't have to deal with all the permits and what-not. Luckily my back yard failed the perk test, so I was told an inground pool would not be a good idea so I avoided all the permits. However, I still gotta build the deck afterwards.

Jim, if the permits are still ongoing in June, you can stop by my house on the way back to Illinois and swim in mine if you like.

So which season and episode of Epic Pools are the two of you going to appear in ??? Inquiring minds want to know.

For any of you Back to the Future fans:

Go to Oreiley Autoparts website, and in the search box put in 121g and see what it shows.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/flux-500.html

I believe with some minor modifications and the addition of this...…….
ice cream maker.jpg
Which would allow me to use a more readily available fuel source (milk) instead of the usual plutonium.
I think I can get it to work on my Chevy 2500 HD gasser. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
PS......I think Emmitt Brown (EB) would be proud.
Steve

Or he'll let you drive the last 1,000 nails into the deck and for that honor you get to do the first cannonball into the Tigger Pool.

Of course, I'm a twice retired Red Cross Lifeguard and twice retired BSA Lifeguard and thrice a (slow) BSA Mile Swim Award winner so the first rule of any pool deck is NO RUNNING ON THE POOL DECK.

giphy.gif

I'm tired of scraping dazed kids up off the pavement after a collision. :sad2:
Pass the Hawaiin Tropic please. :beach:

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Hopefully the permits are squared away long before June and I'm just waiting for the builder to get available.

So which season and episode of Epic Pools are the two of you going to appear in ??? Inquiring minds want to know.
It doesn't sound like either of ours will be in the epic category. Mine is going to be a simple 14 x 28 with some steps at one end. Michael's deck may qualify though, depending on what he plans.

Of course, I'm a twice retired Red Cross Lifeguard and twice retired BSA Lifeguard and thrice a (slow) BSA Mile Swim Award winner so the first rule of any pool deck is NO RUNNING ON THE POOL DECK.
Ian isn't going to be very happy. He set his mini trampoline at the edge of the current pool and used it like a diving board. The running start was half the fun.

j

Well yesterday had a visitor, he has a fifth wheel like ours. We were discussing problems he is having and I informed him, what FR would fix under warranty. I walked around the nose of the fifth wheel and smack right in to the slide. I actually hit the metal track for the slide.with my head. It did not move the trailer at all, luckily.

I walked around the nose of the fifth wheel and smack right in to the slide. I actually hit the metal track for the slide.with my head. It did not move the trailer at all, luckily.
Ouch!

Good thing it didn't harm the trailer. :D

Any video? :lmao:

j

So this is a busy week. Friday night will find us at a 2Cellos concert. It was my christmas present. On Sunday, it will be my birthday.
On other fronts, I have accepted a new job. 3 years in my current one and things have gone from bad to worse. I am returning to a previous employer in a different capacity, will get my previous time back. I don't plan on changing our vacation plans and look forward to seeing everyone in May.

On a side note, any of the farming fellas have an good advice. Part of my new job will be creation of food plots for deer, turkey, etc.

Congrats on the new/old job. Keeping time earned is nice.

Sorry I can't help with "food plots". Not even sure what that is. :-)

j

Congrats on the new job at the old job. Hope all works out well. Enjoy your late Christmas, early birthday concert.

So this is a busy week. Friday night will find us at a 2Cellos concert. It was my christmas present. On Sunday, it will be my birthday.
On other fronts, I have accepted a new job. 3 years in my current one and things have gone from bad to worse. I am returning to a previous employer in a different capacity, will get my previous time back. I don't plan on changing our vacation plans and look forward to seeing everyone in May.

On a side note, any of the farming fellas have an good advice. Part of my new job will be creation of food plots for deer, turkey, etc.

Congrats my man! Sounds like it's an outdoor job, those are by far the best!

Subject of deer food plots, I plant them all the time here in deep dark MS. I would imagine it might be different in PA depending on soil and weather. First rule is a soil sample for testing to see what you need to add to the soil in the form of fertilizer and possibly lyme. Makes a huge difference. The types of grass will for sure be different where you are. Can help in some ways, be glad to give my input if it'll help but I am not claiming to be an expert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter