The Dress Shop on Cherry Tree Lane

I love it, except for one thing... the evil nemesis I like to call 'boob pockets'

I'm exceptionally busty and whenever they make a designated chest area like that I end up having a seam line or darts in awkward and unflattering spots. :/

I have the opposite with a small chest - swimming in material that looks horrible or if I try to lean over everyone would get a great view of my unmentionables. It looks like the cups may be a little large my tiny twins.

I have the opposite with a small chest - swimming in material that looks horrible or if I try to lean over everyone would get a great view of my unmentionables. It looks like the cups may be a little large my tiny twins.
Same. I have to get my dresses altered to take the bust in constantly.

Just an FYI that Pinup Girl Clothing is having a huge sale today (Black Friday in July). There are several Mary Blair dresses and skirts included (I bought a fabulous Mary Blair pink umbrella skirt for 60% off, OMG!)

It's cute! I'm curious to see what it looks like on an actual person, since I feel like the top could be either cute & flattering or weird & awkward.

Oh my, I love this dress but I have the same fear. I will be in DL tomorrow and WDW on Sunday so hopefully I will get a chance to try one if they have one in my size. I have a very small chest so I just don't know if that top will work for me.

I love it, except for one thing... the evil nemesis I like to call 'boob pockets'

I'm exceptionally busty and whenever they make a designated chest area like that I end up having a seam line or darts in awkward and unflattering spots. :/

YES!! I hate those unflattering seems that always seem to be in the middle of my chest and never underneath! How are these dresses for those with cups that runneth over? That Fantasyland dress looks gorgeous and I love the corset design in the back but is it flattering for a large bust? Is there a design that works best for a busty fit?

Hi all, was re-directed over here by some friendly folks on the DL board! I'm was thinking about buying the Mary Poppins dress and was looking for help to decide what size when I saw they don't even have small or mediums for it. I'm vaguely recalling seeing that when they first came out online, does anyone know if they tend to get more in stock over time?

And they don't even have my backup idea of the Tiki Dress in the right sizes. The universe is apparently telling me to wait on buying my first Disney Dress :charac2:...

YES!! I hate those unflattering seems that always seem to be in the middle of my chest and never underneath! How are these dresses for those with cups that runneth over? That Fantasyland dress looks gorgeous and I love the corset design in the back but is it flattering for a large bust? Is there a design that works best for a busty fit?

I suggest peeking through the #disneydressshop tag on Instagram. There are ladies of all shapes and sizes modeling many of the dresses: https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/disneydressshop/****** And if you have IG, you could probably ask what they think of the fit/what size they got.

what! wait! DL and WDW in same week???!!!

I am beyond jealous.
:worship:

Well it is our 10 year wedding anniversary, originally we were going to do a tour of all the international Disney parks, but that was canceled when my husand’s best friend decided to get married this coming weekend. In an effort to salvage our anniversary we booked a WDW trip for after the wedding, and since we live in Northern CA it was easy to book a quick pre-wedding trip to see the Pixar fireworks!!!

The Dumbo dress is adorable in person! Unfortunately, the shop in DCA didn’t have a fitting room, so I need to make my way to DTD to try it on and report back.

OK, still working on this whole 'trying on the Dumbo dress' thing. I made my way to DTD where they have fitting rooms, but the smallest size Dumbo dress that they had was a small. I tried it on and the chest and fake button part were huge. I will say that this dress is much softer than any of the three other dresses that I have (small world, tiki, blue orange bird). I will continue on my quest.

I tried on the tiki dress, which worked really well for me actually - but I found a lot of them were a no go. I ordered one online, thinking it would work like the tiki dress. Nope :/ I've given up and resigned myself to only being able to buy when I try them on.

I actually wish they had more skirts, because for me it's just easier to pair them with a top of my own.

OK, still working on this whole 'trying on the Dumbo dress' thing. I made my way to DTD where they have fitting rooms, but the smallest size Dumbo dress that they had was a small. I tried it on and the chest and fake button part were huge. I will say that this dress is much softer than any of the three other dresses that I have (small world, tiki, blue orange bird). I will continue on my quest.

Bummer. I will give it a whirl myself on Sunday but I bet I’ll have the same issue. Oh well, not like I needed yet another dress!

Hi all, was re-directed over here by some friendly folks on the DL board! I'm was thinking about buying the Mary Poppins dress and was looking for help to decide what size when I saw they don't even have small or mediums for it. I'm vaguely recalling seeing that when they first came out online, does anyone know if they tend to get more in stock over time?

Yes they do restock some dresses. Since this one came out not too long ago I'm sure they'll have more. Did you check the app? What size are you looking for?

Does anyone have any experience with washing the Minnie dress? I just tried to drop my dresses (Orange bird, Snow White and Minnie) off at the dry cleaner and the drycleaner wouldn't except my Minnie dress because he said he could not guarantee it would not bleed. I'm just trying to figure out how to wash it...? I love it and don't want to ruin it. Has anyone tried washing the Minnie dress? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I noticed no one responded, I don't own the Minnie dress but I have four dresses from The Dress Shop. To read more go here: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-dress-shop-on-cherry-tree-lane.3594963/page-40#post-59186751"]Post #793[/URL]. I know you're hoping for information on that specific dress but it's 97% cotton which means it can be washed. Use fragrance free, dye free baby shampoo there is nothing more mild then that and it won't ruin the 3% spandex either. If you plan on washing it in the machine use gentle or hand wash cycle and sheets.

Yes they do restock some dresses. Since this one came out not too long ago I'm sure they'll have more. Did you check the app? What size are you looking for?
Thanks to a friendly DISer I know a Small is my best sizing shot. I came for the Mary Poppins dress (I have a penguin problem) when S was out I went looking at the Tiki dress, S was out and then when you just mentioned checking the app I saw the 25% sale is still going and the Disney World dress was actually pretty cute... I went onto the website to use topcashback and decided to search for a Disneyland dress just in case they had one and to my utter delight I saw they have one and it's available IN A SMALL! It has the freaking Matterhorn on it! I love the Matterhorn. (Even though it beats the living daylights out of my back but I have hope they'll fix that someday.) Having fallen in love with a totally different dress than I was looking for I snagged it using my gift card (as you know I've been acquiring them at a discount) and I hope so much it fits- and if it doesn't free returns/exchanges!

Thanks to a friendly DISer I know a Small is my best sizing shot. I came for the Mary Poppins dress (I have a penguin problem) when S was out I went looking at the Tiki dress, S was out and then when you just mentioned checking the app I saw the 25% sale is still going and the Disney World dress was actually pretty cute... I went onto the website to use topcashback and decided to search for a Disneyland dress just in case they had one and to my utter delight I saw they have one and it's available IN A SMALL! It has the freaking Matterhorn on it! I love the Matterhorn. (Even though it beats the living daylights out of my back but I have hope they'll fix that someday.) Having fallen in love with a totally different dress than I was looking for I snagged it using my gift card (as you know I've been acquiring them at a discount) and I hope so much it fits- and if it doesn't free returns/exchanges!

Well look at you! Way to go my friend! Plan on being at Disneyland in August, maybe we can catch a few rides?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter