The Edison.....

I'm retired from an electric/gas utility and love the connection. I was at DTD/DS a couple of days ago and the building is looking more complete. Still wonder why its taking so long though.

Off Topic Edison Story:
Scene - Tom's laboratory. New device sits on the table. Wires have been connected. Power is applied. Device begins to glow. A voice is heard "whats wrong? I don't hear anything"

Edison also invented the phonograph among other things

This is the place I'm waiting for with baited breath. I will be so disappointed if it doesn't make it's late 2017 opening date in time for my Christmas trip. We've planned a whole bunch of Disney Springs for the holidays.

Eagerly awaiting early reviews on this place myself. We're going in March and hoping it doesn't get pushed back again because I really want to check it out.

I'm really curious to see how they meld their mission statement with a theme park crowd. The Edison in Los Angeles could never fly in Disney Springs, or so it would seem. They have a strict dress code and "velvet rope" admission policy that favors people who dress in costume, "steam punk", or attire that generally fits the overall theme. A.) I don't think they can get away with that in Disney Springs; and B.) I don't know if they can capture what they are going for if they don't. Here is what the website says:

"The Edison is dedicated to a resurgence of old world style and sense of romance that once dominated Los Anglels Nightlife. Thus, innovative, sophisticated and cultured attire is required.

We will always strive to more quickly accommodate those whose style and imagination suit the environment and ask that you please refrain from wearing the following: athletic wear of any kind (shorts, jersies, hoodies, ballcaps) flip-flops, sandals, tennis shoes or athletic shoes, t-shirts, collarless shirts, or torn or baggy jeans. Men must be in dress shoes and collared shirts.

Our door has sole discretion with regards to enforcement of our dress code and can change the entrance requirements without notice and without respect to style and circumstances. We thank you for your understanding and help in making your Edison experience a legendary one."

In other words, they want you to show up dressed as if you are ready to check in to the Hollywood Tower Hotel. Check out the website. This is the vibe they are shooting for.

rebecca-bday-2010-024edit.jpg

You can check out dozens more on Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/the-edison-los-angeles Seriously doubt they are going to pull that off in Disney Springs. Especially the velvet rope admission policy. Now, I never dressed like an explorer when I went to the Adventurer's Club, so maybe there is hope. But the franchise clearly has a mission statement and the DS location just doesn't seem to fit.

All personal opinion... no menu, lots of promises, no real data.

We'll see what happens when there is an actual Restaurant. Meanwhile? The Steaks at Shula's can't be beat :).

My money is on no strict dress code. I could see one for the rumored speak easy there, but not the main store.

This was announced 2 years ago, so I hope it lives up to the wait!

This was announced 2 years ago, so I hope it lives up to the wait!
This is what I find so odd. They announced the Orlando venue right at the time they were opening the LA location. They were so meticulous in making sure their vision was realized in LA. And at the exact same time they were planning on a watered down version in FL? I agree that the whole dress code thing would be odd in DS. So what exactly is the brand?

I'm really curious to see how they meld their mission statement with a theme park crowd. The Edison in Los Angeles could never fly in Disney Springs, or so it would seem. They have a strict dress code and "velvet rope" admission policy that favors people who dress in costume, "steam punk", or attire that generally fits the overall theme. A.) I don't think they can get away with that in Disney Springs; and B.) I don't know if they can capture what they are going for if they don't. Here is what the website says:

In other words, they want you to show up dressed as if you are ready to check in to the Hollywood Tower Hotel. Check out the website. This is the vibe they are shooting for.

rebecca-bday-2010-024edit.jpg

You can check out dozens more on Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/the-edison-los-angeles Seriously doubt they are going to pull that off in Disney Springs. Especially the velvet rope admission policy. Now, I never dressed like an explorer when I went to the Adventurer's Club, so maybe there is hope. But the franchise clearly has a mission statement and the DS location just doesn't seem to fit.

Sign us up! This would be awesome. This makes me want to visit LA to experience it. Unfortunately, I don't have high hopes for it being the same at DS. We can't have nice things at WDW. Too many people insist on experiencing everything, but want the experience changed to fit their preferences. :sad2:

Maybe not! The Disney Springs Edison will be run by Patina Restaurant Group, and I don't see the LA Edison listed on Patina's website, although the future Disney Springs Edison is mentioned there.

Looking at the reviews for Edison LA, it opened 8 years ago. Are we sure the Edison in Disney Springs is related.

Yes. The Disney Parks Blog announcement said as much. I think the wording they used was "inspired by" or something like that, which clearly leaves room for some differences, but they did reference the L.A. location in describing the restaurant's concept and theme.

I love steam punk/industrial decor, so I really hope to visit. However, if they have a dress code that won't allow jeans, tennis shoes and a polo, the males in our family wouldn't go near it. :sad2:

Yes. The Disney Parks Blog announcement said as much. I think the wording they used was "inspired by" or something like that, which clearly leaves room for some differences, but they did reference the L.A. location in describing the restaurant's concept and theme.
Maybe like the Brown Derby restaurant inspired Disney's version?

We've been to the Edison in LA and are excited about having one at Disney Springs. The Edison is a bit more "adult" than I'd normally expect at Disney (e.g. absinthe fairies and burlesque dancers). I'm curious if there will be an age limit, as well as a dress code.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter