The eternal search for the right park bag...

Aliceacc

DIS Veteran
Once upon a time, it was the Baggalini crossbody. It was perfect for my family of 5... I could carry the ponchos, the waterbottles the snacks, the fastpasses, the park tickets, you name it. A compartment for everything and everything in its compartment.

Fast forward 10 years and 5 or 6 trips.

My oldest probably won't be coming this year, he has EMT class.

The girls are both teenagers, quite willing and able to carry their own stuff. Ditto with my husband.

So I need a bag for me... basically one that's lightweight, and big enough for a my license, a phone, a water bottle, and a poncho. My magic band has pretty much everything else covered.

Any suggestions?

These are not fashionable or name brand but they are the perfect “Park Pack” IMO. I originally bought them for my kids and ended up buying one for myself. They’re comfortable, lightweight, hold just the right amount (you can fit a suprising amount of stuff in them) and have a water bottle pocket. They wash right up after a trip and are inexpensive enough that you can toss them and buy a new one if they get worn. Every trip we’ve taken them on people ask where we got them.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZPOAID0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Once upon a time, it was the Baggalini crossbody. It was perfect for my family of 5... I could carry the ponchos, the waterbottles the snacks, the fastpasses, the park tickets, you name it. A compartment for everything and everything in its compartment.

Fast forward 10 years and 5 or 6 trips.

My oldest probably won't be coming this year, he has EMT class.

The girls are both teenagers, quite willing and able to carry their own stuff. Ditto with my husband.

So I need a bag for me... basically one that's lightweight, and big enough for a my license, a phone, a water bottle, and a poncho. My magic band has pretty much everything else covered.

Any suggestions?

With so few items, I would say no bag- just pockets to avoid bag check.

It is liberating! I found a small zipper pouch that has a string and I can put in my pocket for entry in the park. Then when I am riding rides, I put it around my neck for sunglasses, phone, chapstick or $ store poncho. Zip it up and it's secure. If I need water, just get free cups of water.

I did an experiment with my huge day to day purse and realized, I don't need tha t huge bag either. I now don't carry a wallet but use thin crossbody bags for my day to day needs.

I am even minimizing those.

I have a Lug sidecar. It can be worn cross body or as a waist pack. It's worked out perfectly for me. I can fit park essentials and a water bottle if I want (the water bottle pouch closes up and is hidden when not used) and be hands free.

I agree with PP to get a thin nylon fold up bag, put it in your pocket to be bagless then use it after you get in. Or if it’s cool a jacket with a large zipper pocket is great too.

@wenrob, that may be exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm not a fan of cargo shorts, and putting stuff into pockets. And I'm not a fan of string backpacks, particularly in the summer when they're over something as light as a T shirt or tank.

And Orlando in the summer, for my family at least, means 2 cases of water in the room. We drink so much more if we each start the day with a cold bottle of water.

Thanks. Keep 'em coming folks!

I use a Lesportsac classic hobo for the parks. I love that bag, but there really isn't a place for a water bottle on the outside of it. There are zippered compartments on each side, I line one with a gallon size ziploc in one and put my water bottle in there in case it leaks.
If I carry my camera in the bag the water bottle won't fit, but don't think I would risk it in there anyway.

Hahaha subbing because even though I always end up using the same bag, I am constantly researching g new ones. :-) I use a very old Ameribag healthy back bag in size medium (I think). Mine is a parachute like material that washes easy and is somewhat water resistant. We still use a stroller so the storage basket holds the cooler with water. I like the suggestions off Amazon above, same sling style but smaller and cheaper.The Ameribags are much fancier now then I would want to sweat all over in WDW. :rolleyes1

I use what is now called the Vera Bradley All In One Crossbody bag. It holds my credit cards, cash, my lip balm, my phone and my sunglasses (in a very minimalistic case).

I'm making my own. I had made what was essentially a cell phone pouch cross body bag with a zipper pocket area that was perfect for me. I've made it using Disney fabric and used them over the last 2 years. When I used it I had to carry my water bottle though.
I usually still carry a backpack for when I buy things that can't be sent to the resort like candy around World Showcase but am hoping to not carry that all the time.

Now I need to make them a bit larger since I've got to carry reading glasses. I've been working on creating it this weekend. I also have my Vera Bradley bags that I could use but I'm having fun making my own.

I use what is now called the Vera Bradley All In One Crossbody bag. It holds my credit cards, cash, my lip balm, my phone and my sunglasses (in a very minimalistic case).

This is my go to park bag! I always have my hubby carrying a book bag with our pins, water bottles, snacks, etc. But my Vera is the perfect size for my inhaler, cash, cards, kindle, and my phone with room to spare! It won't fit a water bottle, but it can cover most of your other needs!

This is my go to park bag! I always have my hubby carrying a book bag with our pins, water bottles, snacks, etc. But my Vera is the perfect size for my inhaler, cash, cards, kindle, and my phone with room to spare! It won't fit a water bottle, but it can cover most of your other needs!
I think we have different bags since mine barely fits my iPhone 7 Plus. A kindle would not fit!

Kipling. It’s more fashionable as an everyday purse and is a great park bag. I have traveled the world with my crossbody Kipling and it holds a bit without being bulky. I bought the one I use the most in 2010. I have several smaller ones I bought for DD tonput her phone in for mall trips etc.

I have it in brown for a neutral color for any outfit.
https://www.kipling-usa.com/alvar-c...061_color=490#uuid=bebQsiaagZZtUaaadaBo73XvcP

A lot of duty free airport stores and mall luggage stores sell Kipling too!

Http://www.Kipling-USA.com/

Last edited:
I use wristlets. They are just big enough to hold my sunglasses, a lipstick, cellphone and credit cards. I once tried one of those Vera Bradley crossbodies ...... what a mess I made. I couldn't remember which pocket I put all the stuff in and overloaded the thing "just because I could."

I use wristlets. They are just big enough to hold my sunglasses, a lipstick, cellphone and credit cards. I once tried one of those Vera Bradley crossbodies ...... what a mess I made. I couldn't remember which pocket I put all the stuff in and overloaded the thing "just because I could."
I think the one I have used to be called the "wristlet". I carry it on the long thin strap.

vera.jpg

lesportsac! Kylie style is awesome. I also have an Amelie in red which is super. Lightweight, fits needed items without struggling to get them in or out, like sunglasses/small wallet/phone/chapstick/travel size sunblock. We grab free Ice waters from Counter service locations as needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter