The eternal search for the right park bag...

Can you tell me where you got a pouch that small? I can’t find anything under 6”.

Crazy enough I found it at the Dollar store or Big lots... It was in the section with the band aids and such... I have had it for a couple of years... I have another one that was on the end of DH's lanyard from a convention that he was at...I am always on the look out of stuff like this. You could try to find like a ID holder w/ a zipper pouch might work to...

I have a cloth hobo purse I bought at Target years ago - its light cotton, not quilted, so it folds up small. Big enough to hold ponchos, cell phone, waterbottle, wallet and sunscreen. Weighs nothing.

I keep going back to the Healthy Back Bag (aka Ameribag). They are light and have different sizes - I have a baglett and a small. The baglett holds just the basics - keys, cards, phone, sunglasses, portable charger. The small can hold a small ereader, and the medium could hold something larger. They can be worn about a thousand different ways, which is why I like it - one shoulder, crossbody, on the front or on the back. When one direction gets uncomfortable, I just try it a different way.

I keep going back to the Healthy Back Bag (aka Ameribag). They are light and have different sizes - I have a baglett and a small. The baglett holds just the basics - keys, cards, phone, sunglasses, portable charger. The small can hold a small ereader, and the medium could hold something larger. They can be worn about a thousand different ways, which is why I like it - one shoulder, crossbody, on the front or on the back. When one direction gets uncomfortable, I just try it a different way.

Do you have the small baglette or the large baglette? I have the small healthy back bag, and while it is extremely comfortable, I don't need all that room. And, do the baglette's hold a Disney poncho (I have one that I reuse each time)? Thanks!

To the OP: I have a healthy back bag as mentioned above. I got a cross body for the last trip, but my shoulder did tire. I preferred the healthy back bag as I could adjust the positions.

Do you have the small baglette or the large baglette? I have the small healthy back bag, and while it is extremely comfortable, I don't need all that room. And, do the baglette's hold a Disney poncho (I have one that I reuse each time)? Thanks!

To the OP: I have a healthy back bag as mentioned above. I got a cross body for the last trip, but my shoulder did tire. I preferred the healthy back bag as I could adjust the positions.

I have the smaller one. I think you could fit a poncho, but you aren't going to get much else in the bag. Maybe a poncho, a small wallet, and a phone.

I just got this one that I use around the city. I'm trying to stay away from shoulder/sling bags because I always end up leaning on one side with them. So I got this fanny pack but it's super cute and looks like just an accessory (I think anyway):
https://www.etsy.com/listing/64796915/ruffled-waist-pouch-fanny-pack-travel?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=ruffle waist bag&ref=sc_gallery-1-1&plkey=5b4c284d3a04545ea3fb02ed22d83e0203ca254c:64796915

il_570xN.1193185504_h6gh.jpg

I wish I was young enough to use this on my trip to Korea. :)

I have a Le Sportsac Mini backpack. Its the retired Disney print IASW- Polynesian Paradise. It's been the perfect size for me. This was when we were still taking a stroller. Our next trip will be our first stroller free trip. I might need to upgrade to a bigger bag bc we wont have the understroller storage. We'll see.

I've decided I;ll take my ameribag next week.... it's kind of big, but not bulky,so I figure it'll be good to hold anything without a lot of weight.... I think I have a medium.

Our last two trips we went bagless and it was so freeing. We did August, so no need for sweaters, and always did midday breaks so we didn't really HAVE to have anything since we were going back to the room in 4 hours anyway.

Next trip is November. I think we will probably want to pack a sweater. I want to take our portable charger for our cell phones. I think I'm going to need a bag. I'm liking the Thirty One bag link someone sent. DS got DD a Mickey bookbag on his last trip. I was thinking we could just use that but I'm going to make her carry her own bag so I'll need my own.

I'm looking for the perfect bag but everything I look at seems to fall just short of what I need.

Requirements
  • Cross Body (like to be able to access on the go so don't want a backpack or slingback)
  • Not fabric - I don't want to have to wring it out if we are caught in a rainstorm
  • Small, but large enough to fit a Kindle (paperwhite), phone, disposable poncho, sunblock, portable charger/cord, etc.
  • Has either a side spot for a water bottle, or a way for me to attach one w/ a carabiner
  • Bonus if it has a built in front section to hold a few cards (credit, health insurance, etc) so I can leave the wallet at home
  • Interesting color, maybe a jewel tone or something bright. Don't want black, brown, tan, etc.
I feel like I'm searching for a unicorn.

I'm looking for the perfect bag but everything I look at seems to fall just short of what I need.

Requirements
  • Cross Body (like to be able to access on the go so don't want a backpack or slingback)
  • Not fabric - I don't want to have to wring it out if we are caught in a rainstorm
  • Small, but large enough to fit a Kindle (paperwhite), phone, disposable poncho, sunblock, portable charger/cord, etc.
  • Has either a side spot for a water bottle, or a way for me to attach one w/ a carabiner
  • Bonus if it has a built in front section to hold a few cards (credit, health insurance, etc) so I can leave the wallet at home
  • Interesting color, maybe a jewel tone or something bright. Don't want black, brown, tan, etc.
I feel like I'm searching for a unicorn.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MQYUT4V/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Not crossbody but you can make it that way easily enough. Technically it’s a chest pack but there’s plenty of strap to make it longer.
My DD carried this walking through London, Paris, Spain and Portugal. She said she loved it. A little heavier than what I prefer but it didn’t seem to bother her.
https://www.ebags.com/product/travelon/anti-theft-heritage-tour-bag/313716?productid=10428855

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MQYUT4V/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Not crossbody but you can make it that way easily enough. Technically it’s a chest pack but there’s plenty of strap to make it longer.
My DD carried this walking through London, Paris, Spain and Portugal. She said she loved it. A little heavier than what I prefer but it didn’t seem to bother her.
https://www.ebags.com/product/travelon/anti-theft-heritage-tour-bag/313716?productid=10428855

Thank you!! I've actually seen both in my search over the last few weeks.

I just picked up a similar slingback bag for my 12yo (that can be worn in front) and while he is thrilled, I wouldn't be comfortable wearing it.

The one on eBags would be perfect, if it wasn't canvas and wasn't gray. Canvas will hold water and dirt ...and I definitely need a brighter color than gray.

Last edited:
Thank you!! I've actually seen both in my search over the last few weeks.

I just picked up a similar slingback bag for my 12yo (that can be worn in front) and while he is thrilled, I wouldn't be comfortable wearing it.

The one on eBags would be perfect, if it wasn't canvas and wasn't gray. Canvas will hold water and dirt ...and I definitely need a brighter color than gray.
When DD got it there was a maroon one as well. They have others in really nice colors but some look to be too big and the smaller ones don’t have a water bottle pocket. She chose that one specifically because of the water bottle pocket on one side and umbrella pocket on the other.

I posted our slingpacks earlier in the thread, my kids love them. They call them “adventure packs.” I bet your son will love it. I carry mine like a purse.

When DD got it there was a maroon one as well. They have others in really nice colors but some look to be too big and the smaller ones don’t have a water bottle pocket. She chose that one specifically because of the water bottle pocket on one side and umbrella pocket on the other.

I posted our slingpacks earlier in the thread, my kids love them. They call them “adventure packs.” I bet your son will love it. I carry mine like a purse.

Maroon would work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter