The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

RainbowWit

ToT makes me SQUEEEEE
We Pooh Sized DISers know that we sometimes have to tackle touring the World a little differently than everyone else.

That cute bag everyone is praising on the bag threads? DI we know if it will "fit" us? Is the strap long enough? Will it sit right on Pooh sized hips? Or be stuck in an armpit? :confused3

Are those REALLY the most comfortable shoes when you are lugging around 50 plus more pounds? :goodvibes

Best place to buy Plus sized swimwear? Clothing? Best type to get? :wizard:

Let's all share how WE plan, pack and purchase for Disney! We all KNOW there is nothing like the DIS to find people who are/have been in the same boat! Let's help each other...and make it easier to find/ask! :lovestruc

I am having a HUGE problem finding the right bag to take. I have been going with a back pack because it's just been easier to find that would fit. All of the messenger style cross body bags have been toooo small. Not enough strap. I'm a size 24 and substantial up top. Ant suggestions on what you all have found?

Last year I found a great bag at Payless Shoes. It was a large bag that distracted from my large thighs. Very long strap had it sitting along my hip/thigh area. I also purchase the "no riders" to put inside my shorts to keep them from riding up. I have body glide, but have never used it. Bathing suit from one stop plus.com and Mickey t-shirts from Catherines. Most comfortable shoes for me are crocs and Teva Mush. (nothing I have to bend over and tie up.) Personal fan or "air conditioner" to keep in my bag. Love the portable air conditioner off Amazon. It is called a handy cooler.

Love this thread idea!! I had a Overland donnor bag that fit great with nice long straps, didn't sit funny or rub on my neck. You might take a look at this one. I also am trying to decide on shoes this time around. I have worn crocs both of my last 2 trips and never had foot pain, however are thinking about taking new balance tennis shoes this time also.

I'll have to check the overland bags!!

Love my body glide!

Now I wear crocs but not everyday. Not enough support for daily use. I wear my teva dozers and keen Newport h2s!! Then rotate

what are the no riders? and does body glide work well for shorts riding up? I just bought some shorts that I thought would not ride up so bad, but I wore them to the store saturday... yes they ride up. until I found the dis I thought shorts riding up was something I would forever have to live with, didnt know they made stuff for that.

I would like to thank the OP for coming up with this thread!

I have a comment about bags. I carry a vera bradley mini hipster. I am very pooh sized size 26-28 plus, and it still comes down to my hip, or just right at it. They are not very big, only room for my change purse and check book and a couple other small items, but that is all I like to carry around anyway! Just thought I would share! :goodvibes

Here's what I've found works for me. I'm a size 22 right now.

For my park bag, I picked up a large size tinkerbell bag at Walmart. The strap is made of webbing. It wasn't quite long enough for me to use as a cross body bag so after using it a couple of trips I just picked up some longer webbing from JoAnn Fabrics and will be replacing it in the next few days. I sometimes put pins on the webbing for pin trading if I'm trying to put together a set of something and end up with duplicates.

For pants/shorts: I prefer cargo type so I don't always have to carry a bag into the parks. At Universal/IOA I won't carry one because of the annoying lockers that you have to put your bag in.
I used to buy them at Bass Pro Shops but they don't have any this year in my size. I did see some on the Woman Within Website so I'm going to order a pair to check them out. They have shorts and pants available.

I keep my tickets/cash/credit card and bandaides in my Passporter Pouch around my neck usually that I got at passporter.com. I love that thing.

I gave up on Disney type T-shirts a few years since Disney ones run small. I buy my tank tops from Lands End and overshirts for them from TJ Maxx, Woman Within, Catherines. Basically anywhere I can find one I like. LOL

For bras, at Disney I wear Sports bras. They breath better and I don't feel as sticky and sweaty in them. I usually order them from Target.com.

Shoes are my Teva Mush, Teva Hurricane or my pair of River Rafter shoes that I've had forever and don't remember where they came from. I also wear New Balance Tennis shoes but they are too hot for me at Disney in the summer. I'm currently testing a croc sandal which I'm liking for normal walking but I don't know that it'll work for Disney.

I get my swimsuits at Sears usually. The one near me carries a nice selection of plus sizes and they've lasted really well for me. I sometimes get them at Target but those don't even make it one summer. Justmysize.com sometimes has good swimsuits too but I like to try those on before buying so I don't normally get them from the internet.

Sorry for the book I've written. I hope there's some useful info for someone in here. :rotfl:

i am really pooh sized and always worry about size issues, i can't begin to tell you how much i appreciate seeing this thread and getting these tips! even moreso though, reading the OP was like someone had read my mind! thanks helping me to feel less "alone" in my struggles with body size! :worship:

I usually order my clothes from Woman Within and in their living large section I found a "fanny pack" that is plenty big and has room to spare. I like the jogger style swimsuits that have the shorts attached. WW has them onsale right now.

The Bagellini mesenger has has a very long strap, I am a size 28/30 and it is more than long enough. Cargo shorts are great. I always bring a couple different pair of shoes and switch from day to day but I always find running shoes work best.

I really want some cargo pants or shorts for our trip in may, but can't seem to find any. if anyone has some plus sized suggestions on where to look, I would appreciate it.

thanks

W00t!!! I am so glad we have a good start on some great ideas in this thread!!!!

I really want some cargo pants or shorts for our trip in may, but can't seem to find any. if anyone has some plus sized suggestions on where to look, I would appreciate it.

thanks

I get my cargo shorts in the Big and Tall men's department at JC Penny's. But my clothes run on the boyish side, so I don't know if that will go for everyone.

Woman Within has some really cool one's that I just ordered. They convert from Bermuda to Short length, and they also have capri to bermuda length.

Torrid.com has some cool and youthful swimsuit options that Have tankinis and board shorts, and woman within has great options too.

Almost forgot! Teva has free shipping right now! For us Mush flop lovers!

You can also always find awesome deals at 6pm.com for overstock Teva, Keen and Merrills

I get my cargo shorts in the Big and Tall men's department at JC Penny's. But my clothes run on the boyish side, so I don't know if that will go for everyone.

LOL that my work, my kids tell me I dress like a 14 year old boy!! Can I help it if I love tennis shoes and weird t shirts!!

I would like to thank the OP for coming up with this thread!

I have a comment about bags. I carry a vera bradley mini hipster. I am very pooh sized size 26-28 plus, and it still comes down to my hip, or just right at it. They are not very big, only room for my change purse and check book and a couple other small items, but that is all I like to carry around anyway! Just thought I would share! :goodvibes

Thanks, I may try that.

thanks

Try Marshalls. We are starting to get them in.

I'm a size 26/28 and I'm about 5 "10 and I've tried several different bags in the parks. My favorite by far is the Vera Bradley mini hipster. I wear Teva Mush flip flops and love the nylon cargo shorts that I buy every summer at Walmart. I get my swimsuits from It Figures. You can find them on QVC. I prefer the swim dresses. They are more expensive but will last for years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!