The Fort Wilderness DISMeet Poll

Read post #1 below. WHEN Would You Be Interested In A FW DISMeet?

• October 2019

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May 2020

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • October 2020

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Either month in 2020

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Either year in October

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • All three dates would work for me

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
Well folks,

As a result of past scheduled DISMeets that have occurred successfully the last few years, we came back this year to ask the question that had lingered out there since the beginning: would we be able to pull off a DISMeet at Fort Wilderness. I started a thread here:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/who-is-up-for-a-fort-wilderness-dismeet.3689372/

which indicated there was an interest. So now the big question was when. DISMeets happen spontaneously when multiple DISsers are at the Fort for events like Marathon Weekend, Halloween, Christmas, and various other holidays. And when those have occurred, we have gotten around, said hello to each other, and even shared a nice meal and fellowship. But it's time to call for one at the Fort and make it a DIS Rendezvous (or Rendezvous at the Fort, you might say).

The big question is what time of year and which year. The two options to each that we have come up with is

1. late May during the week that includes Memorial Day (a Monday)
  2. mid October during the week that includes Columbus Day (a Monday)
with the years being 2019 (not May) or 2020. So the available combinations are October 2019, May 2020, or October 2020. We are already inside the October 2019 booking window.

Let's see what happens. You can only vote once.

Bama Ed

PS - there are other options to work out but WHEN is the big question to answer first.

Last edited:
I voted then read the post.

You're a rebel Chris.

James_Dean_in_Rebel_Without_a_Cause.jpg

Ugh, May is too hot (sorry, I know I am a wimp) and we always go in October, but for Halloween, so we will have to miss out. But maybe we could drive up for a day, if it is during the weekend.

Ugh, May is too hot (sorry, I know I am a wimp) and we always go in October, but for Halloween, so we will have to miss out. But maybe we could drive up for a day, if it is during the weekend.

Terri,

I understand.

I was down at the Fort this past Halloween and you and Doug bailed my butt out for the Golf Cart parade. There are times when regular Fort guests like yourself (and Flametamr) come to mind in that you have regular times of the year that you like to go to the Fort (Halloween in your cases).

Let's see what happens.

Bama Ed

Sorry just tuned in to see this thread. As usual we will be there from 0ct 28th thru Nov 16th 2018. and Nov 3rd thru the 22nd 2019. Would like to attend the DIS meet but we are back to all November trips to the Fort.. Just came back from Gettysburg and heading out to Lancaster Thursday.

Sorry just tuned in to see this thread. As usual we will be there from 0ct 28th thru Nov 16th 2018. and Nov 3rd thru the 22nd 2019. Would like to attend the DIS meet but we are back to all November trips to the Fort.. Just came back from Gettysburg and heading out to Lancaster Thursday.

Sure it was warm in Gettysburg, this heat has been horrible. We are headed to Gettysburg in Oct, again. Last year was down when they had the reenactors in Gettysburg and a lot of the house open that are not normally. It was very neat.

So I am no expert in analytics, but seems like 100 percent agree, that October 2020 is a good time. :teacher:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!