The Garland versus Hollywood Loews hotel

Amw1064

DIS Veteran
Anyone have any thoughts on the Garland hotel versus Hollywood Loews hotel? We will be spending a day in both areas. (Hollywood stuff and Warner Brothers tour) I had originally thought to stay at the Loews so we could just walk to everything and not worry about parking but then I thought I had heard The Garland mentioned and a super good rate came up for it but it seems kind of out of the way. Will it be difficult to find parking in the Hollywood area if we chose to go that way?

I've never stayed at the Garland so can't speak to that, but you won't have any trouble finding parking in Hollywood. Just go to Hollywood & Highland (the mall adjacent to Loew's, they share parking) and park there. The rate is really reasonable for LA, $16 is the overnight rate so that's the most you would pay even if you stayed all day, and the shops/restaurants validate.

I managed to figure out what I was looking for and booked the Loews for $209 a night via Hotwire (July stay). I’m not sure if you got a better rate but if you want to tell me your dates I can try to see if it’s available and the rate for your stay. We are happy with the location/hotel for our upcoming stay!

I managed to figure out what I was looking for and booked the Loews for $209 a night via Hotwire (July stay). I’m not sure if you got a better rate but if you want to tell me your dates I can try to see if it’s available and the rate for your stay. We are happy with the location/hotel for our upcoming stay!
Wow, that is a great rate. You did better than me. We are June 1-4 (3 nights).

$209 is a great rate for the Loews in summer! Hotwire is really good for LA hotels in my experience; I use it whenever I need a last minute overnight and have always been able to figure out which hotel is which and get a great rate.

Wow, that is a great rate. You did better than me. We are June 1-4 (3 nights).

Is your reservation refundable? I saved the details so I can check Hotwire to see if your dates are on there for the Loews!

Is your reservation refundable? I saved the details so I can check Hotwire to see if your dates are on there for the Loews!

I see it there for $231USD/night. After taxes/fees it’s $825 for your 3 nights, minus a coupon - there are usually $20 or $30 coupons floating around. It’s a bit of a gamble as you’re going in blind and pay when you book, and it’s non refundable, but I saved about $800Cdn for my 3 nights so was willing to risk it!

I see it there for $231USD/night. After taxes/fees it’s $825 for your 3 nights, minus a coupon - there are usually $20 or $30 coupons floating around. It’s a bit of a gamble as you’re going in blind and pay when you book, and it’s non refundable, but I saved about $800Cdn for my 3 nights so was willing to risk it!
We are going with another family and we both want the same hotel and the Loews. For months I have been watching it and it has been around $1200 for the 3 nights if I wanted to be able to cancel. Last week Travelocity sent me a code and I got the room for $976. I felt that was slightly better and went ahead and booked. My friend used my code as well. I do use Hotwire sometimes but we specifically wanted the Loews. Thanks so much!

We are going with another family and we both want the same hotel and the Loews. For months I have been watching it and it has been around $1200 for the 3 nights if I wanted to be able to cancel. Last week Travelocity sent me a code and I got the room for $976. I felt that was slightly better and went ahead and booked. My friend used my code as well. I do use Hotwire sometimes but we specifically wanted the Loews. Thanks so much!

Still a good price! Have a great trip :)

I really like the Garland. A lot.

I also hate Hollywood with a fiery passion, so my choice would have been the Garland.

You'll have fun, though!

Last edited:
Upddating, we just got back and loved being at the Loews. It was all about the location. We had a great time and can not recommend enough.

I’m glad you had a great time! We go in July so if you have any tips on things to do or places to eat nearby please let me know :) the hotel was nice?

I’m glad you had a great time! We go in July so if you have any tips on things to do or places to eat nearby please let me know :) the hotel was nice?
The Loews kind of wraps around an outside mall that had all kinds of places to eat. Also across the street is El Capitan and Jimmy Kimmel. When you come out one of the entrances it takes you right onto the sidewalk of Walk of Fame and next door to the Dolby Theater and Chinese Theater on the other side of Dolby. The location was absolutely fabulous! We saw a movie at El Capitan and did the Dolby Theater tour. We found plenty to eat in the area. We walked down to Sunset Blvd (about a 15 mintue walk) and took the Ultimate Hollywood tour and everyone in our group had a great time. We drove to The Grove one night and had dinner and walked around as well. The hotel was nice but not spectacular. Again, it is all about location. My friend complained that for the money it was not worth it. I disagree totally with her.

I had a room booked in santa monica for Friday night then downtown LA for Saturday night (Dodgers game). I just booked Loews for both nights instead. But then I started reading bad reviews so it made me nervous!

So you enjoyed it it sounds? Did you have a car? We will have a rental and I've read about valet v. parking at teh mall garage.

I had a room booked in santa monica for Friday night then downtown LA for Saturday night (Dodgers game). I just booked Loews for both nights instead. But then I started reading bad reviews so it made me nervous!

So you enjoyed it it sounds? Did you have a car? We will have a rental and I've read about valet v. parking at teh mall garage.

Park in the mall garage (it's also the self parking for the hotel). Valet parking at the hotel is $46 per night and self-parking is $15. We've parked there overnight while staying at Loew's several times and it's safe and convenient.

I read some bad reviews as well and was equally nervous. Our room was spotless and the beds super comfy. We parked in the self park garage and it was $15 over night. We really had a great time there and again, location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!