The Gates - last day

DebºoºS

DIS Veteran
Sunday we took a trip through The Gates in Central Park. The weather was crisp with a little snow on the ground. The saffron color really popped out of the drab winter landscape. Beautiful day, great experience!
Took lots of pics and am uploading and resizing.

f4f6d7d4.jpg

3686801-med.jpg

I looked through your album and enjoyed every photo. I can't decide which is my favorite, but I think it's a four-way tie between 16, 29, 35 and 37. It looks like the park was crowded with people taking one last look before The Gates came down. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to see them in person. Thanks for posting these!

Thanks for sharing those photos Deb. They were better than anything I've seen on T.V or newspaper in giving me the sense of actually being there.

We almost took a trip in on Sunday morning ourselves to see The Gates. However, I thought it would be a mob scene, being the last day but your photos don't reflect that. Also, with the new puppy, I really didn't want to leave him home for such a long timeframe. Oh! Have I not mentioned that we have a new puppy? Hmmm... how can I do a thread about him on the F&G board and be legal at the same time....?? :confused3

Deb, they are beautiful pictures...I liked #19 the best..also the later ones when the light changed were very dramatic in your series.

Tuli...a puppy!!! Hmmm. If he goes outside then I think you are on topic enough for this forum to tell us all about him or her. LOL

Deb, dynamite pics!! You have such a good eye for photography. I appreciate you posting these, and taking us on a walk through the park. :sunny:

BTW, I want to say a special 'Hi" to Marlo! :wave: I used to watch That Girl all the time! ;) :)

Tulirose, you got a puppy, how nice!!! :sunny: Rosemary, I'd love to see pics of your newest family addition! Does he have a name yet? You could start a thread asking for garden-type name suggestions for him, which of course you can ignore. I mean, do you really want to name him Petunia? :teeth: Or how about suggestions on keeping him out of your garden beds? Sound familiar....:)

Oh heck, just post about him!! :teeth:

TwoOldPoohs, 1st a big thanks for your kind words. :cloud9: It was cold & slightly breezy. There were thousands of people spread out in the park all in a very festive mood. I have lots more pics with us & the crowds in them I'll post eventually.
I'm posting your fav pics here for those who don't use Image Station maybe they can get a feel of what it was like.
f4f6d7d9.jpg

f4f6d49f.jpg

the big crowd of people far left are looking through telescopes at the eagles nest"Palemale"
f4f6d270.jpg

Tulirose,
Congratulations on your new furbaby!!!!

Any furbaby pics yet? It was very cold & crowded but fun. I can understand your worries too. We had similar concerns about leaving Einstein & Ridley for such a long period of time. Einstein is still a puppy and a minute to him is like an hour. There were lots of dogs in the park. Here's a pic of Balto the famous sledding dog.
f4f6d57d.jpg

I knew I could get it around to the park & the outdoors :teeth:

Kim, Thank you :cloud9: Couldn't resist That Girl even though I didn't have a hat to throw in the air. You are too young for TG must've been in reruns :teeth:

f4f6d986.jpg

Vanessa, thank U :blush:
The end of the day was a challenge but I like them too. There was an artist painting the whole scene with his head resting on a cushioned tripod with a panel in front of it. I'll have to find the pic. I can't describe it, very weird NY. :3dglasses
f4f6d271.jpg

The black & white scape & saffron reflected in the frozen pond made me want to take this one.​

DebºoºS said:
Kim, Thank you :cloud9: Couldn't resist That Girl even though I didn't have a hat to throw in the air. You are too young for TG must've been in reruns :teeth:

LOL, Deb, that was very smooth. :teeth: ;)

I see you and I were born in the same month, but year, who know? Let's just say that I was 10 when That Girl first aired, in Sept. '66. I clearly remember watching it, and being totally fascinated with Ann Marie's clothes, and hair!! Didn't care too much for Donald, though. :teeth:

thatgirl1.gif

thatgirl2.gif

thatgirl3.gif

Now, it seems I've hijacked your thread....hmmmm. Let me see if I can fix that. I'm sure if That Girl was on now, she'd have visited Central Park, and had some sort of calamitous adventure involving The Gates. Did that help? :teeth: :sunny:

:rotfl2: I love those pics!!! I was 16 when it aired. I loved the dresses, suits, hats you name it. Whatever that girl wore I thought was too cool. I'm sure she would've found some sort of trouble in Central Park. She might have lost her hat in the pond, it was windy :goodvibes or she would've let Tuli's new puppy lose while petting it.
How's this for a thread/plot twist? She might have knocked over this poor artist and all his work, then volunteering to finish it herself to rave revues :banana:
f4f49bcd.jpg

Tell me more about that artist. was he painting, drawing? why the tripod? where was his canvas? I just can't picture what he is doing in that picture.

These pictures are great, Deb! I never got around to e-mailing mine to Kim....yours are so beautiful that I don't have to!

Big, big That Girl fan here!

Tell me more about that artist. was he painting, drawing? why the tripod? where was his canvas? I just can't picture what he is doing in that picture.

I'll try to explain his bizarre setup. It looked like pen or fine brush drawing & painting. The tripod is holding a grid type frame/easel with paper on his side of it in sections. The light filtered through the paper. He's drawing on the paper and painting the landscape while his chin is staying still on the tripod.
f4f6d278.jpg

I never got around to e-mailing mine to Kim....yours are so beautiful that I don't have to!
Too bad I'd like to see them. Always fun to see another perspective.
Thank U for the kudos :cloud9:

hurray!:cheer2: another That Girl fan! :goodvibes

Oh I see now. He has his head oin the tripod, not because he's a lazy bum and can't hold it up, but so that he keeps the same view in sight that he is tracing!!! Pretty ingenious. That Girl would definitely have distracted him in his work somehow, someway. Another TG fan. I was 12 the year it premiered.

Puppy's name is Hershey. I never uploaded pictures to website for posting. But I will....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter