The Greatest Showman

DISNEY1975

DIS Veteran
The Greatest Showman just came out for rent on On Demand. I watched it 3 times in the 48 hour rental period I had and bought it at the store in the 49th hour, along with the soundtrack, which Ive been playing non stop for days.

Was excited to come on here and chat with other TGS lovers and scrolled through 6 pages without seeing one mention of this fabulous movie. Am I alone...or did I miss the boat being talked about when it was in theaters? Hoping it will be coming to a live stage soon. I could TOTALLY see it on stage at Disney...but its not a Disney film :(

Last edited:
I didn't see much chatter about it when it was new either. It is the first movie in a very long time that I saw more than once in the theatre, and we pre-ordered the blu-ray and soundtrack (on vinyl) shortly thereafter. My girls love it and it makes a great road-trip movie because I like the music well enough that I don't mind them taking over the speakers if we have more kids than headphones in the back.

We saw it twice in the theater, and both DH and listen to the soundtrack all the time. I actually bought a 4K DVD player just so I could buy the Utra HD version of the DVD. We leave on a cruise next week, and it's one of the movies playing onboard. I suspect we'll watch it at least a few times on the ship. It is absolutely the most wonderful movie I've seen in years!

It is absolutely the most wonderful movie I've seen in years!

I completely agree. I am not a movie watcher at all. Since its April school vacation, my teen daughter asked if she could rent it. I let her and was n the kitchen when she started watching it. The music sucked me right into the living room and I was glued! Since my husband missed it that night, we thought it was only right to watch it again, with him :) Then the next day we decided to watch one more time before our rental expired. By the time the credits were rolling at the end, I jumped in my car and went to the store to buy it and the soundtrack. I opened the CD in the car and listened on the way home. Music is soooo addictive! I just love it.

My daughter and I went to see it in the theatre a couple of months ago and then immediately bought the soundtrack too. It was on repeat for many weeks.

This week we had a quiet evening and rented it on amazon and watched it twice. The music is amazing....and Hugh Jackman singing that music is swoon-worthy. :love:

Such a good movie! Best I’ve seen in a long time.

I'm still listening to the soundtrack on a regular basis, and I saw the movie in December. I think the soundtrack is better than the movie overall, but it's definitely a good movie that I'd like to watch again.

I completely agree. I am not a movie watcher at all. Since its April school vacation, my teen daughter asked if she could rent it. I let her and was n the kitchen when she started watching it. The music sucked me right into the living room and I was glued! Since my husband missed it that night, we thought it was only right to watch it again, with him :) Then the next day we decided to watch one more time before our rental expired. By the time the credits were rolling at the end, I jumped in my car and went to the store to buy it and the soundtrack. I opened the CD in the car and listened on the way home. Music is soooo addictive! I just love it.
:love: Great story!

We saw it twice in the theater and loved it. Last week Target had $5 off when you bought both the movie and soundtrack. I bought it, unwrapped it in the car and have been playing it ever since.

I listen to the soundtrack in my car - for weeks now. I’ve watched the Blu Ray dvd a few times but it’s the extras that are absolutely amazing. Particularly the extras on the writing of the music and lyrics - these people are so very talented. Thank you for starting this thread.

We saw it at Christmastime and enjoyed it very much. It seemed like a genuine throwback to the classic musicals. At some point I'll have to follow through on my intention to order the soundtrack.

We saw it twice in the theater and I could go again. I preordered the streaming movie, something I've never done with any other movie. It just gets better every time I watch it. Great film. Great music. The spectacle. The fantasy. The emotion. Wonderful cast. Love love love it.

The Greatest Showman just came out for rent on On Demand. I watched it 3 times in the 48 hour rental period I had and bought it at the store in the 49th hour, along with the soundtrack, which Ive been playing non stop for days.

Was excited to come on here and chat with other TGS lovers and scrolled through 6 pages without seeing one mention of this fabulous movie. Am I alone...or did I miss the boat being talked about when it was in theaters? Hoping it will be coming to a live stage soon. I could TOTALLY see it on stage at Disney...but its not a Disney film :(

There was a thread started about the greatest showman. The easiest way I have found is just google the greatest showman disboards and you will see the greatest showman there was a thread started now you will see two of them. Yes it’s a great movie.

Last edited:
I liked some of it, big musical theater fan, and I have to agree with DH, some of it was a little too much High School Musical meets Frozen (we are not Disney people). I wanted to love it!

I liked some of it, big musical theater fan, and I have to agree with DH, some of it was a little too much High School Musical meets Frozen (we are not Disney people). I wanted to love it!

Im not sure about the Frozen part, but Ill give it a little High School Musical-ish....for grown ups. The music really got me...its been years since I heard lyrics telling a story. I listened to every word of every song. The real story of PT Burnum was much "darker" than what was portrayed, but I had to laugh because his whole fortune was built on "Hoodwinking" and this movie was a hoodwink of his life! GENIUS! You cant criticize that!!!!

We loved it. I took DH on a whim for his 40th birthday to see. So glad I did. Such a great experience and memorable. Immediately downloaded the soundtrack. Bought it on Vudu when it came out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter