The Headless Horseman Is Returning To Fort Wilderness For The 2017 Halloween Season

Thanks. I'll have to wait a few days. It is possible the day I want is already booked. I just moved our trip to the Fort so looking for some Fort stuff to do.

These have been selling quickly. I really wouldn't wait. It's get's charged to you CC on file but that doesn't necessarily mean it's immediate. Is that what you were asking and I missed it?

These have been selling quickly. I really wouldn't wait. It's get's charged to you CC on file but that doesn't necessarily mean it's immediate. Is that what you were asking and I missed it?

Yeah. I can't really call until tomorrow if payment is due at booking. I've already booked a lot of stuff so want to spread out the money just a tiny bit. This isn't a make or break by any means so no rush. I'd rather let families who really want it get the chance. We may just hang out in our cabin that night as it'll be the first time any of are staying at the fort. If they have the regular camp ground fire I might still just go there and buy marshmallows and chocolate instead.

Hi! So I'm not sure if I should ask here or on the dining board, but I figure I'll start here. We have the 8:00 Sleepy Hollow event booked (premium pkg so hopefully that means easy/late access to good seats and faster availability to see HH at the end). We figured we would do Hoop Dee Doo Review this evening as well since we've never been able to squeeze it n before. Right now I have both the 4:00 and 6:15 HDDMR booked (but I'd really like to get one of them off my cc).

We've never been to the Fort before, so I'm a little iffy in timing. First question, we are staying at WL. How long will it take to get to HDDMR from WL and what is the best way to do so?

Next, which HDDMR show time do you think would work best with the 8:00 Sleepy Hollow event? I'm not sure how long HDDMR really lasts (is it the full two hours billed?), nor how long it would take to get to the Sleepy Hollow location from HDDMR. If we do the earlier seating, what would we be able to do at the Fort between the time the show ends and the Sleepy Hollow thing? Thanks for any insight!!

Hi! So I'm not sure if I should ask here or on the dining board, but I figure I'll start here. We have the 8:00 Sleepy Hollow event booked (premium pkg so hopefully that means easy/late access to good seats and faster availability to see HH at the end). We figured we would do Hoop Dee Doo Review this evening as well since we've never been able to squeeze it n before. Right now I have both the 4:00 and 6:15 HDDMR booked (but I'd really like to get one of them off my cc).

We've never been to the Fort before, so I'm a little iffy in timing. First question, we are staying at WL. How long will it take to get to HDDMR from WL and what is the best way to do so?

Next, which HDDMR show time do you think would work best with the 8:00 Sleepy Hollow event? I'm not sure how long HDDMR really lasts (is it the full two hours billed?), nor how long it would take to get to the Sleepy Hollow location from HDDMR. If we do the earlier seating, what would we be able to do at the Fort between the time the show ends and the Sleepy Hollow thing? Thanks for any insight!!

It is the 2 hours that they say it is. That would put you getting out of the 615pm show at 815pm which is past the HH start time. They take 15 minutes to clear and reset the tables and let in the next show's crowd. So IMO the 4pm HDDR is just about the only real choice. But it's a great show - I wish I could afford to do it each trip.

If you are at WL then it's really easy to get there. There is a bus that runs between FW and WL as well as the small boat that circles between WL, CR, and FW. Either one will put you out for a 1-2 minute walk to the HDDR check-in stand. The boat might take a little longer but you never know how long you will be standing there for either one. I think 30 minutes before check-in time would be adequate (that's not the same as saying 330pm, please note).

Sounds like a good combo. You can do the wagon ride after HDDR as it is just literally across from the HDDR, it's cheap, they wait for the show to get out to get a few more paying customers, and you get taken through some camping loops to see trailers, rv's, etc. The horses clip clop along and it's a throwback experience.

Bama Ed

The HH event is going to be right there in the area of the HHDR, so it will also be close afterward. You will have time to relax after dinner, maybe grab a rocker at TE, there is a playground right there for the kids. And as Ed suggested there is always a carriage ride. You can also take a walk thru the DDD ranch horsebarn if it is still open, and see the horses used throughout Disney.

From what I read elsewhere, it sounds like "YES" they do, but it also seems that you have to request now. (Last time I was there they just gave it to you).

Seeing as bug repellant is advised, I picked up a small spray (pretty expensive). I don't normally have many problems with bugs and I dodn't recall getting bitten at my last WDW trip in June/July weather so I was thinking I only need it for this event.

Also I'm mostly wearing walking sandals for the trip, do you think I should bring a different pair of shoes for this event? I'll have a pair of Vans with me for my flights but they will most likely be my Toy Story ones and I don't want to ruin them.

Seeing as bug repellant is advised, I picked up a small spray (pretty expensive). I don't normally have many problems with bugs and I dodn't recall getting bitten at my last WDW trip in June/July weather so I was thinking I only need it for this event.

Also I'm mostly wearing walking sandals for the trip, do you think I should bring a different pair of shoes for this event? I'll have a pair of Vans with me for my flights but they will most likely be my Toy Story ones and I don't want to ruin them.

Disney does give bug repellent for free.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/insect-repellent-distribution/

I plan on wearing tennis shoes but nothing fancy. I'm not sure what the path ways are like and if it rains would things get muddy? o_O

Disney does give bug repellent for free.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/insect-repellent-distribution/

I plan on wearing tennis shoes but nothing fancy. I'm not sure what the path ways are like and if it rains would things get muddy? o_O

Thanks, I'm coming straight from Universal that day and under resorts on your link they only list Fantasia Golf as a location. I'll use the spray I have but I'll use the locations in the parks when I'm there.

I did think that about the pathways too, I have walking shoes as well that are a Mary Jane style. At least my feet a bit more covered. I do have an old pair of Vans too so I could just wear them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!