The Last Trip: An (Eastern) Fantasy Food Adventure-Bonus Feature, Pam & Her Mom Pt 2 Sept 17 the end

I can't believe you didn't try the pimento cheese at Homecomin'...that stuff is crack!!! Sorry you fell and got the spliter! Jellyrolls sounds like a blast! I've never been there...I'm putting it on the bucket list!

Jill in CO

I know what you mean about the shirt sizes...they also tend to run smaller than standard store sizes.

Yikes about that fall and splinter! Hope it healed okay.

Jellyrolls looks like a lot of fun!

Well except for the altitude sickness....I enjoyed every minute.

ruh roh...

Plus she had been up in the middle of the night listing stuff on eBay and didn't come back to bed until about 7AM.

:scared1:

So basically, she worked a night shift, like I do.

I made some coffee with the crappy packets they have in the room.

Just no. Yuck!

we didn't have time to do anything else besides go to Disney Springs.

But that's a worthy outing time or no time!

Last weekend while in Denver I found it in my carry on. That worked out well because I didn’t pack enough warm weather clothes. I was able to wear it on the trip!

Glad that worked out! I've done that time or two as well.

so we stopped at Starbucks for an iced coffee for me, remember the nasty hotel room coffee?

So a slight step up. :duck::rolleyes2

zFC170305LCH02.jpg

I'm starting to doubt that last statement about her coming to consciousness. :lmao:

I had the Plaza Inn Chicken dinner and that still takes the cake!

Next time I'm down can I split it with you?

The Shine Cake! A butter cake soaked in Moonshine, an adults only dessert. This was so so good. The buttery cake was rich and the glaze was sweet and the moonshine had just enough of a molasses flavor that the cake was perfectly balanced. Fran stopped eating it about three quarters of the way through and let me finish.

Winner, winner after a chicken dinner!!!!

Classic cosmo?

Our destination was Jellyrolls.

I've done that. It was okay, but I think I needed better company. Totally willing to give another go, because I do love to belt out a tune or two. Or 5.

and I assured them all that I was OK, and was more concerned about the camera than my own safety.

#priorities

I'm getting old enough that soon it could be serious!

You are FAR from "old", but you are right. Broken hips are absolutely no laughing matter.

“He11 yeah! I need a drink more than ever now!”

:lmao:

I read further down and saw why!

While she was at the bar, the pianists were playing Sweet Caroline. The crowd was singing along, and as typical of live performances, performers would stop playing occasionally and let audience take it. On the chorus, where the lyrics begin “Sweet Caroline…” the audience sang the “oh, oh, oh” while pianos cut out. I thought to myself, I haven't drank enough yet to get in on this party.

THIS is the Jellyrolls that is FUN!

At least she could have warned me!

But then you'd maybe not have let her?

That looks like a MONSTROUS splinter! :scared: Glad people raced to your aid!

Jelly Rolls sounds like a lot of fun. I had no idea how busy it was.

We really need to get there earlier when we go. We never get to sit on the floor level.

Too bad the fried chicken wasn't the best, but my oh my does that cake sound magnificent popcorn::

I definitely got a slight buzz from the moonshine that it was soaked in.

Via Napoli is always a winner popcorn::

I've liked it the couple times I ate there.

Have I said how excited I am :hyper: party: party: party: party: party: party:

I'm not sure I can tell. :rolleyes1

Ouch ouch ouch! Talk about ending the trip with a bang! :sad2: I'm glad it wasn't worse but still.....flippin' splinter!:sad1:

I'm just glad I didn't break anything!

Jellyrolls sounds like a lot of fun at least :flower1: Even with the wrong cocktail ;-)

It was fun and after a few drinks I didn't notice my hand hurt....

They don't carry "beautiful" size?

How very odd.

Fran calls it zoftig or Rubinesque...

I'm the same.
No women on the shirt. (No. Seriously.)
If there's a unique looney toons one, then I'm happy... but only have... 2 of those? (You've... heck everyone has seen one of them.)

Yeah well she had to come up with criteria because Jill and I were showing her every shirt in her size.

hmmm.... Not sure if I'd call mine "criteria". I just have to like it. A lot.
I guess if I don't have an instant gut feeling of "That's cool!!"... then I pass.

Since you don't have helpers showing you every shirt, you don't need criteria.

No!! May have to increase length of stay.... may have to get off my duff and book some trips!

Yes, yes you should.

YES!!!!!!!

Did you know I was all excited about it... and showed Kay, thinking she'd get excited too. Instead I got a "meh".

Soooo disappointed.

That's too bad, it's a yummy place. If you come back...

You've done that a time or too as well... I actually kind of envy you. Once I'm up.... I'm just... up.

Until I get dressed, I have the potential to fall back asleep.

Ouch. No wonder she was tired later!

Yeah she does that all the time at home. One of the reasons that she naps so much during the day, and why she'll sleep until 2 or 3 in the afternoon.

Not being a coffee drinker... why don't you bring your own? Or is it more trouble than it's worth?

On a normal trip, I do. In fact I have some in the freezer for my October trip. The thing is that it was only this one day I was going to have to deal with coffee. I didn't feel like taking it on the cruise, and I would have had to purchase it specifically before we left anyways. At home I have a Keurig machine and DVC rooms have regular coffee makers. Normally I don't buy ground or whole bean coffee any more, so the forethought of bringing it for one day was too much for me. Turns out I got some in a gift bag a few months ago, so I'll be bringing that in October.

:laughing: I like that. Better than "she woke up"

Well she never really gets up enough to say she's awake. Most of the time she's barely conscious! :laughing:

That's not so bad!

Before we go to bed she has all these grandiose plans to make rope drop somewhere, and then she does things like stay up all night.

It was in there the whole time?

Yup. In the bag with it's receipt and all.

No! That is not poutine! You can dress it up, but... Oh... here:
http://smokespoutinerie.com/menu/

I take it you googled the Poutine restaurant at Disney Springs....

I've heard a couple of reviews on this place now.

Good/bad?

You know, it used to be said that being seated by the kitchen was the worst seat in the house. But I love being able to watch what's going on in there!

I know! I guess that was when the kitchen was behind a swinging door that kept slamming. I love to watch the food come off the line in an open kitchen.

How was that?

It didn't have as much flavor as my own.

You are the second person in the last few days who's said the exact same thing.

I've heard other people say it too. In fact you just joined in on one of her TRs.

So is the Plaza better than Prime Time? I remember it as being really good... but don't remember which one was better.

I don't remember Prime Time that well. It was good, but in addition to Plaza being great, you get the mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans and biscuit. That's a winner in my book!

I'm positive I know...

Yep!

I'm pretty easy to predict. Butter cake + booze = winner!

Aw.. I love turtles. I used to catch them when I was skipping out of going to church. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes1

Don't know them, but meeting up with people is always nice. :)

They're fun. And now that they're local and Scott works there, they meet up with lots of ex-DISers. He posts a crap ton on FB.

Lucky! It doesn't look like it's overly full.

They were still turning away folks without a reservation.

Must try to remember that. I'd prefer balsamic as well. Then again, I wasn't impressed with the place so it's not likely that I'll return.

It had been a few years for us. Probably not a top spot for us, but I'd go back eventually. Its one of the few places I can get Arancini. (Meat stuffed, deep fried, rice balls).

Yum.

But you know me.

You wouldn't have liked this one. It was dry.

Nope. Where's the meat???

We just weren't feeling it that night. Believe it or not, we don't always need meat. Most of the time, but not always.

Really! It doesn't look light at all.

No it doesn't, but it really tasted that way. Spinach and us get along really well.

:) Always wanted to go there.

It's great fun we've been several times over the years.

No. That's not on you. A board sticking up 1/2" is dangerous.

Well thank you. I almost did the same thing after returning the rental car in Denver, but this time I stabilized myself and didn't hit the ground. Then I did it again in my living room. It's getting scary.

Interesting. Hadn't heard that technique....

No... wait.... I have! "Soak in a hot tub"... I'm sure I've heard that.... somewhere.

Since I didn't have the hot tub yet I used the wet towel.

:laughing: Well get on that!

I did, it just took a few more drinks...

My Dad's been in construction all his life. He swears that wood splinters work their way out on their own over time. He may be right. He's only had.... a zillion of them.

I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

Pam was still trying to find a place to park so we headed over to Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar for a drink.

I really want to check that place out sometime.

And it was poured from this cool glowing dispenser, not the beer taps in the way.

Cool, radioactive drinks!

And liked the mug so much she picked up the souvie mug.

It is a very fun mug.

She also ordered a side of Brussels sprouts without the bacon.

This sentence seems like it's in the wrong order.

Fran even tried a small leaf from one of them, but her comment was “eh”.

Probably because there was no bacon.

She got coconut, blech!

Wl0ZxliHaMYsPImE4K1F19tQC_ri_LUTzAJwCiptzlVHZRTZu4rv93p2xGu7hVOGn0JC4PuBzFHvNixZ4rFYaXVPngRHoUeRXfpzn9TmvopZnQwpKaoEfQ7rh28qhmWuUk0glxMAaBo_yRa0-HPikmiDr0yyQGu6lIvyBxdfkfisqUqi0tQ1-JWd3cfo0zu9H6TO_xhT2VLpTP01YNPJzXhKOA6fIw693h05SUKHxIXb8vfScub0IZwgQG_aDkZxUhs9QDswVeh0u_Ub80v0TlfYO5q4WsgRFfQdoG7amFFYvgwvLC6ncGGfMXcznLcIkLkxQzLU_K257cHXKtNghJqgIXlHzYMkWGNsIaq_7_LOoxZY8Pnm-G0iZiFywFDKebNPhp7YuQguheQZuZNoh0Qe9b0k10WP_1epHsvjkjtrl_kBst9RlAbBJU7rx4sHfeoTAwSV2Nt7dCjRMbdlEjJXvFRndVP4cj_INz6CaEN3y9IDRbYrPDddUgQjlcnEyg0mvtbn0wvE8iaRrW9xo2nP6dFtyJMpfI4Q0mFPwtn6fWe34tjPkStlhdLftWwYfZaS7DWhVk4sdx33UpsRqHSdZ2h5_U-WqKyMyczB7bY6kIC1s_o5=w66-h34-no

I'd been up nearly 18 hours and walked more than I'm sure I have in a long long timel

That would be enough to wear anybody out!

I made some coffee with the crappy packets they have in the room. I now remember why I don't normally do that.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Last weekend while in Denver I found it in my carry on. That worked out well because I didn’t pack enough warm weather clothes. I was able to wear it on the trip!

Hey, it's like a bonus souvenir!

We also got the signature Fried chicken. We weren't very impressed. The batter was good, but the chicken was mostly white meat and it was pretty dry.

Interesting. We were able to eat there on our trip and loved it!

I still like Prime Time better. At the time of writing this we still owed Mrs. Knott’s chicken restaurant a visit. Which we did that back in May, and it was good! But only last week I had the Plaza Inn Chicken dinner and that still takes the cake!

I do agree that Prime Time and Plaza Inn are both really good!

The Shine Cake! A butter cake soaked in Moonshine, an adults only dessert. This was so so good.

Glad it ended on a high note.

I met up with Scott and Vinny for a while.

And I'm glad you could get in a meet-up.

Our destination was Jellyrolls. The last time we were there could easily have been 10 years ago.

Now there's a place I never hear much about.

We were almost all the way to Jellyrolls when all of a sudden, whoop! And boom. Next thing I know I'm down on the floor.

There was a stupid board that was sticking up about half an inch and I tripped over it. I really need to be careful where I walk because that is happening to me more and more often. Luckily I haven't fallen, but just barely! I'm getting old enough that soon it could be serious!

Yikes! I'm glad you were ok!

While she was at the bar, the pianists were playing Sweet Caroline. The crowd was singing along, and as typical of live performances, performers would stop playing occasionally and let audience take it.

This is where I become a grumpy old man at concerts. I'm paying to hear you sing it, not the drunk guy next to me!

I thought to myself, I haven't drank enough yet to get in on this party.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Copacabana made the list when someone requested a Barry Manilow tune.

Who let that guy in here?

Back in the room was another story. We tried to get the darned splinter out I'd my hand.

Yikes, that looks like a nasty one.

I screamed when Fran rubbed the alcohol swab over the cut, which I'm sure the rooms near us appreciated at 10:30PM. At least she could have warned me! After a bit of digging with a needle and me gulping down the wine I had bought the night before, I gave up on the splinter. We stuck a band-aid on it and I went to bed.

I'm in the same boat with a thorn I got from a weed in our yard. It still hasn't worked its way out.

Yeah well she had to come up with criteria because Jill and I were showing her every shirt in her size.

:laughing: That would do it!

Since you don't have helpers showing you every shirt, you don't need criteria.

Actually... One of the last Harley stores I was in (Minneapolis), Ruby was with me... she was pointing some out to me.
"Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Maybe! Nope. Nope...."

Yes, yes you should.

I was looking at hotels just the other day. :)
But I want to get this Vancouver trip done with first... and then I'll look a bit closer.

That's too bad, it's a yummy place. If you come back...

Not "if".... I am. For sure April 15th. (Race day)

Until I get dressed, I have the potential to fall back asleep.

Wish I could do that. My brain starts ticking and.... "Whelp! Time to get up!"

On a normal trip, I do. In fact I have some in the freezer for my October trip. The thing is that it was only this one day I was going to have to deal with coffee. I didn't feel like taking it on the cruise, and I would have had to purchase it specifically before we left anyways. At home I have a Keurig machine and DVC rooms have regular coffee makers. Normally I don't buy ground or whole bean coffee any more, so the forethought of bringing it for one day was too much for me. Turns out I got some in a gift bag a few months ago, so I'll be bringing that in October.

Ah. Okay, got it. And makes sense not to bother for just one day.

Most of the time she's barely conscious! :laughing:

:laughing: Good thing she doesn't read this!

Yup. In the bag with it's receipt and all.

Of course.

I take it you googled the Poutine restaurant at Disney Springs....

Yes I did.
I was like
"Okay...
Nope...
Nope...
Nope..."

Good/bad?

Yes.

Well, none that were bad. Some were good, some were more... "meh".

I know! I guess that was when the kitchen was behind a swinging door that kept slamming. I love to watch the food come off the line in an open kitchen.

Me too!

I was having a great meal with my sister, watching the cooks do their stuff... and then that worm came out...

It didn't have as much flavor as my own.

Never does.

I don't remember Prime Time that well. It was good, but in addition to Plaza being great, you get the mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans and biscuit. That's a winner in my book!

Prime Time has "served with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Gravy, and Collard Greens"
I substitute corn on the cob for the greens.

I'm pretty easy to predict. Butter cake + booze = winner!

:laughing: Not surprised!

They were still turning away folks without a reservation.

Huh!

Its one of the few places I can get Arancini. (Meat stuffed, deep fried, rice balls).

That sounds good!

You wouldn't have liked this one. It was dry.

Pass

Spinach and us get along really well.

They say opposites attract. Do you like coconut and brussels sprouts too?

I almost did the same thing after returning the rental car in Denver, but this time I stabilized myself and didn't hit the ground. Then I did it again in my living room. It's getting scary.

Oh, Alison! Please be careful!
Your friend would be very upset if you hurt yourself. Even seeing those splinters.... :sad1:

My sister took me to the Homecoming restaurant for my birthday. We tried the Jasper board, it was really good. Being a native Floridian, for some reason I had never had Pimento cheese but it was really good on their homemade buttermilk crackers. We also tried the hummingbird cake and it was amazing. It was a huge wedge of cake but easily split between two!

What a shame that this was not a success.

I really wanted to like it, perhaps it deserves another chance.

I have been to Mrs. Knott’s chicken restaurant and loved the chicken there. I only ever had breakfast at the Plaza Inn. Maybe I need to try lunch or dinner the next time I come to California.

You really do need to try it. I think it's one of the best restaurants on property.

That looks amazing.

It was. I even got a slight buzz off of it!

That really surprises me. I have very little tolerance to vinegar, but I love balsamic vinegar and always have a bottle of this at home.

I don't understand either. I love vinegar, and have probably 5-7 varieties in my pantry. Balsamic is very mild and I can't understand why they think people wouldn't like it.

Oh dear. I am glad that you did not break any of your camera equipment and that you got off relatively lightly.

All in all, it could have been worse.

That is not good about the splinter.

No but I think it worked it's way out without much fuss, eventually.

It really was not your evening that day.

No, it really wasn't.

I hope it came out eventually without causing an infection.

I think it did, after I got home it really didn't bother me.

Well, that was a lucky break! I'm glad you didn't completely lose it.

Yeah, and it did make me wonder what had happened to it. I'm glad I solved the mystery.

That's disappointing. I've heard great things about this place, but really, there are a lot of good places to go to find great fried chicken and everybody has their own preferences. For me though, I always prefer juicy and dark meat, so I'd probably totally agree with you on this one!

The thigh is my favorite part of the chicken. Often I find the breast meat to be rather dry and that was the case with this particular meal.

Sounds interesting!

It was! And you could taste the moonshine, but it wasn't harsh, it blended with the flavor of the cake nicely.

I'm glad you had a nice dinner at Via Napoli. I just can't go there an not get the pizza though.

The main reason we don't get it is that we have sort of a hard time agreeing on toppings, plus it ends up being way too much food.

Oh no! I'm surprised they let it get to that point. They're usually so good about keeping things safe.

I was too, but I'm sure someone filed that board down overnight. I pointed it out to the CM who helped me out.

That's the attitude!

What other attitude is there? :confused3

It has alcohol... just hold your nose and swallow.

That's pretty much what I did!

You have to sing along with this one. And do the Wayne's World headbang. Which I always regret.

And by then I had enough alcohol that I was comfortable doing just that! :laughing:

Ugh. I'm glad you were still able to go out and have a good time. I love your glass is half full attitude that you always seem to have.

Thanks! I'm glad you can see that, because as of late I am afraid I am losing that ability to see the bright side of things.

I can't believe you didn't try the pimento cheese at Homecomin'...that stuff is crack!!!

No one told me! :confused3

Sorry you fell and got the spliter! Jellyrolls sounds like a blast! I've never been there...I'm putting it on the bucket list!

Yeah, I'm glad I wrote the notes up, or I might not have even remembered it at this late in the game! We need to fix that on our post cruise stay next year! Part of the reason that I'm willing to not spend too much time in the parks is that there are so many "resort" things that I want to do, and Labor Day weekend in a hot humid theme park is not my idea of fun!

I know what you mean about the shirt sizes...they also tend to run smaller than standard store sizes.

Yeah, I have to be very careful when purchasing Disney's women's clothes.

Yikes about that fall and splinter! Hope it healed okay.

Jellyrolls looks like a lot of fun!

As I said above I barely remember that it happened now, so if I hadn't taken notes, I might not have even commented about it. So I guess it healed up just fine! :laughing:

ruh roh...

Let's just say Ginger Ale was my friend that weekend.....

So basically, she worked a night shift, like I do.

I wouldn't even call it that. She has the weirdest sleeping habits of anyone I know.

Just no. Yuck!

Normally I wouldn't do it, but it had been so long. Next time I will get dressed and go down to buy a cup where they serve decent coffee! I think it was the whole getting dressed part. And no, I don't go commando! :lmao:

But that's a worthy outing time or no time!

I think it was pkondz I mentioned that she always has lofty goals of hitting rope drop in a park (over dinner the night before) and then when morning comes it's, "Give me another 30 minutes....." over and over again.

Glad that worked out! I've done that time or two as well.

Normally all the souvenirs go in the suitcase so that when I get home they get hung up or put away. Not sure why this one didn't make it.....

So a slight step up. :duck::rolleyes2

I like Starbucks! :snooty:

I'm starting to doubt that last statement about her coming to consciousness. :lmao:

:rotfl2: :lmao :rotfl:

Next time I'm down can I split it with you?

Of course!

Winner, winner after a chicken dinner!!!!

::yes::

Classic cosmo?

Yup, it sounded good and a change of pace.

I've done that. It was okay, but I think I needed better company. Totally willing to give another go, because I do love to belt out a tune or two. Or 5.

Next time we overlap we should go there!

#priorities

I don't leave mine in the back seat of strange vehicles either.... :rolleyes1

You are FAR from "old", but you are right. Broken hips are absolutely no laughing matter.

I've lost several relatives to broken hips, and I don't want to become another family statistic!

I read further down and saw why!

:rotfl2:

THIS is the Jellyrolls that is FUN!

Yes, you really should give it a try with some fun company!

But then you'd maybe not have let her?

I gave her the alcohol swab!

Ouch, that's a mean looking injury. Hope that drink was plenty strong.

You know we are big Jellyroll's fans. I have noticed that because it's an all request place though the music can be all over the place, it does seem like the overall theme of an evening varies. I remember one night we got a LOT of nineties and early 00s boy bands. Another night there was a lot of country songs - I'd rather hear the boy bands honestly. Speaking of Queen there was one night I requested "Somebody to Love" and that night saw close to a half dozen Queen songs. Another night there was a bunch of like 50s/60s stuff. I think people hear songs and it triggers wanting more songs like that. Certain songs of course get pretty much played every night - can't say we've made it through an evening there without Journey's / Glee's "Don't Stop Believin'" or Bon Jovi's "Livin' On a Prayer" and of course "Piano Man".

One of my favorite things I've ever seen them do is a "Theme park Attraction" medley. They did I think Small World / Tiki Room / Carousel of Progress / American Adventure ("America, spread your golden wings...." ) and Imagination. There's nothing more Disney than a bar full of drunks screaming the lyrics to "A great big beautiful tomorrow"

Let's just say Ginger Ale was my friend that weekend.....

Oh man! That's NEVER good news.

I wouldn't even call it that. She has the weirdest sleeping habits of anyone I know.

I used to as well. The older I get, the less I can A) sleep anywhere and B) sleep anytime.

Normally I wouldn't do it, but it had been so long. Next time I will get dressed and go down to buy a cup where they serve decent coffee! I think it was the whole getting dressed part. And no, I don't go commando! :lmao:

I completely get the "too long" part. If don't get caffeine onboard by 8:00 or 9:00 I have a raging headache that can last all day long. I never thought I'd be an addict, but...

As for going commando... best to do that if you're NOT going on a ride. Otherwise... who'd ever know?

I think it was pkondz I mentioned that she always has lofty goals of hitting rope drop in a park (over dinner the night before) and then when morning comes it's, "Give me another 30 minutes....." over and over again.

LOL! Dr. Sleepy and Missy Go Get 'Em!

Normally all the souvenirs go in the suitcase so that when I get home they get hung up or put away. Not sure why this one didn't make it.....

I need to make it a priority (talking to myself here) to put stuff RIGHT into the bags and not somewhere else that it might be mistaken for trash. I've done that too.

I like Starbucks! :snooty:

I like our local smaller chains much better. Much better, smooth coffee and actually less $$. But there are fewer of those and harder to get to.

Yup, it sounded good and a change of pace.

Next time we overlap we should go there!

YES!!! We definitely should!! I've also been dying to do fondue, and I heard about a place I really, REALLY want to try- The White Rabbit, a speak easy place.

I don't leave mine in the back seat of strange vehicles either.... :rolleyes1

Who would do THAT?! :scared1::lmao:

I've lost several relatives to broken hips, and I don't want to become another family statistic!

NO, I would be very sad. :guilty:

Yes, you really should give it a try with some fun company!

Maybe someday, we'll have a chance to mix it up there!

I gave her the alcohol swab!

You masochist! :scared: Did you give her some salt too?

Last edited:
I really want to check that place out sometime.

You and Julie need another kid free trip!

Cool, radioactive drinks!

Tasty too!

It is a very fun mug.

And it looks very nice on our Tiki collection shelf.

This sentence seems like it's in the wrong order.

I know it really does.

Probably because there was no bacon.

:laughing:

That would be enough to wear anybody out!

Thank you. Compared to @pkondz I feel like a wimp!

Hey, it's like a bonus souvenir!

Totally! Well if I hadn't spent 5 months wondering where it was.

Interesting. We were able to eat there on our trip and loved it!

It may be worth trying again, perhaps we just got a bad batch. Maybe with a larger party and sharing more stuff.

I do agree that Prime Time and Plaza Inn are both really good!

Mmmmm....Plaza Inn, that'll be Sunday.

Glad it ended on a high note.

I'd go back for that cake!

And I'm glad you could get in a meet-up.

They're fun guys to hang out with!

Now there's a place I never hear much about.

It's a well kept secret!

Yikes! I'm glad you were ok!

Yeah, not fun!

This is where I become a grumpy old man at concerts. I'm paying to hear you sing it, not the drunk guy next to me!

At concerts I agree, but this place is all about the audience being involved in the performance from requests to moments like this. It also helps if you have multiple drinks while you're there.

Who let that guy in here?

Yikes, that looks like a nasty one.

It definitely hurt at the time, but in the scheme of things I didn't even remember it happened until I read it in my notes.

I'm in the same boat with a thorn I got from a weed in our yard. It still hasn't worked its way out.

Ouch. I hope it's gone by now.

Actually... One of the last Harley stores I was in (Minneapolis), Ruby was with me... she was pointing some out to me.
"Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Maybe! Nope. Nope...."

Sounds pretty much like what our experience with Fran was like.

I was looking at hotels just the other day. :)
But I want to get this Vancouver trip done with first... and then I'll look a bit closer.

I can tell you about the neighborhoods and such, I bet the downtown hotels are pricey then. I will be gone (at Disney) race weekend. I've booked every weekend in April in anticipation of DCA F&W. And depending on how long you plan to stay, our band concert will be the Sunday before the race.

Not "if".... I am. For sure April 15th. (Race day)

Thanks for letting me know THE day. As I said I have Friday and Saturday nights booked at Disney. I have to cancel my reservations for the first weekend due to the band concert. When you say "Race Day" which one is that? As far as I know, it's three days.

Wish I could do that. My brain starts ticking and.... "Whelp! Time to get up!"

You have more of a schedule than I do. I don't have anything making me get up and do things other than my own desire to accomplish stuff. Sometimes I wake up and don't do anything productive for hours.

Ah. Okay, got it. And makes sense not to bother for just one day.

Yes. If I had to do it again, I would have put clothes on and gone down to get a real cup of coffee at the bakery. I was just avoiding the whole getting dressed thing.

:laughing: Good thing she doesn't read this!

:laughing: She has been known to lurk, but not lately.

Yes I did.
I was like
"Okay...
Nope...
Nope...
Nope..."

Yeah, I had about the same reaction.

Yes.

Well, none that were bad. Some were good, some were more... "meh".

Most I've read have been "meh".

Me too!

I was having a great meal with my sister, watching the cooks do their stuff... and then that worm came out...

:crazy2:

Never does.

Nope. :sad2:

Prime Time has "served with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Gravy, and Collard Greens"
I substitute corn on the cob for the greens.

Huh. When we went there it just had the corn cob. I don't remember mashed potatoes.

:laughing: Not surprised!

That sounds good!

They're very tasty and not commonly found on Italian menus. I've even made them at home.

They say opposites attract. Do you like coconut and brussels sprouts too?

:crazy2: I have to keep using that one because I don't know where Mark gets the puking one from.

Oh, Alison! Please be careful!
Your friend would be very upset if you hurt yourself. Even seeing those splinters.... :sad1:

:hug:

My sister took me to the Homecoming restaurant for my birthday. We tried the Jasper board, it was really good. Being a native Floridian, for some reason I had never had Pimento cheese but it was really good on their homemade buttermilk crackers. We also tried the hummingbird cake and it was amazing. It was a huge wedge of cake but easily split between two!

I've never heard of Pimento cheese. I'm not sure if I even know what Pinentos are and if I like them!

Ouch, that's a mean looking injury. Hope that drink was plenty strong.

Strong enough. Plus I had more!

You know we are big Jellyroll's fans. I have noticed that because it's an all request place though the music can be all over the place, it does seem like the overall theme of an evening varies. I remember one night we got a LOT of nineties and early 00s boy bands. Another night there was a lot of country songs - I'd rather hear the boy bands honestly. Speaking of Queen there was one night I requested "Somebody to Love" and that night saw close to a half dozen Queen songs. Another night there was a bunch of like 50s/60s stuff. I think people hear songs and it triggers wanting more songs like that. Certain songs of course get pretty much played every night - can't say we've made it through an evening there without Journey's / Glee's "Don't Stop Believin'" or Bon Jovi's "Livin' On a Prayer" and of course "Piano Man".

I wouldn't know any songs from the 90s so we might leave if there was a ton of that. I'm good with 50s-70s or musicals, so the one from Wicked was right up my alley.

One of my favorite things I've ever seen them do is a "Theme park Attraction" medley. They did I think Small World / Tiki Room / Carousel of Progress / American Adventure ("America, spread your golden wings...." ) and Imagination. There's nothing more Disney than a bar full of drunks screaming the lyrics to "A great big beautiful tomorrow"

That sounds hilarious! I'll have to request something like that next time we go.

I used to as well. The older I get, the less I can A) sleep anywhere and B) sleep anytime.

I never could do that. :sad2:

I completely get the "too long" part. If don't get caffeine onboard by 8:00 or 9:00 I have a raging headache that can last all day long. I never thought I'd be an addict, but...

I'd have a real problem if that were the case. Often times I'm not even up by that time! :lmao:

As for going commando... best to do that if you're NOT going on a ride. Otherwise... who'd ever know?

I would and that's important!

LOL! Dr. Sleepy and Missy Go Get 'Em!

Story of my life.

I need to make it a priority (talking to myself here) to put stuff RIGHT into the bags and not somewhere else that it might be mistaken for trash. I've done that too.

I try to keep all the souvenirs in one place in the room. It also helps that there are only two of us and she usually keeps to one area of the room and doesn't mess with most of the rest of our stuff.

I like our local smaller chains much better. Much better, smooth coffee and actually less $$. But there are fewer of those and harder to get to.

I do too, but there aren't many left here. My favorite one was bulldozed and replaced with a Dunkin' Donuts, so now I'm mostly left with Starbucks or Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf.

YES!!! We definitely should!! I've also been dying to do fondue, and I heard about a place I really, REALLY want to try- The White Rabbit, a speak easy place.

There's a good fondue place down in Irvine. You mean the Blind Rabbit. Interesting looking place. I would give it a go, the menu isn't exactly my cup of tea, but I could find something on there to eat.

Who would do THAT?! :scared1::lmao:

NO, I would be very sad. :guilty:

I'll do my best to stay safe! :thumbsup2

Maybe someday, we'll have a chance to mix it up there!

I hope so!

You masochist! :scared: Did you give her some salt too?

:laughing:

I AM I AM!!!!

:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

Tomorrow is the day! :banana: :banana: :banana:

You and Julie need another kid free trip!

I started reading this sentence and thought that @Captain_Oblivious most certainly would not agree that he and Julie would need another kid. Until I realized that the "free trip" was also part of the sentence... was a little slow with reading comprehension there. :rolleyes1

I started reading this sentence and thought that @Captain_Oblivious most certainly would not agree that he and Julie would need another kid. Until I realized that the "free trip" was also part of the sentence... was a little slow with reading comprehension there. :rolleyes1

I think they are definitely complete in the "kid" department! They need more adult time! :lmao:

So if you have been following the IRL updates, you may remember er that we rescued a couple kitties back in June/July. One came directly from the owner, who had to give her up since she was moving across country. I think that kitty is happier in our house than she was with her previous owner. But the kitty I'm thinking about is little Natasha. As the days ticked on, I started to notice a growth in her tummy. If you remember Olga, she had a tumor in her kidney, I was afraid that was the case, but as it turned out she has a growth of another kind. We took her to the vet and via ultrasound they saw three healthy babies. Monday night all five of them arrived! She has already moved them from their original hiding place once.

On other fronts our walk-in cooler is again on the fritz. Now it's leaking freon somewhere in the lines, so we're having to make some modifications to the way the whole thing works. There is a freestanding freezer inside the fridge that we are going to relocate, but the door of the fridge needs to come off to get the fridge out of there. We did that on Friday. Tuesday the repair guy came out and we need a whole new cooling system. Cha-ching. It will take 2-10 business days for that to arrive. Thank goodness we have our old fridge from the old house in the garage!

Not much movement on the old house at this point, Fran has started contacting furniture sellers on Craigslist to find someone who will take our last 4-5 pieces of furniture on consignment. We took pictures of the furniture and now have to send the photos off to see if they are interested in taking any.

We've had two other vacancies come up, so those have been taking up our time. The sign is going up any day for one of them and I'm sending acknowledgement of written notice to the other today, so we have a little less than a month until that one can be fixed up. The good new is that we can set the rent several hundred dollars higher per month for both of them as rents in our area have surged a bunch in the last year or so. Our tenants who have been settled for a while are lucky that we are benevolent and only issue small rent increases instead of making their rents current with demand.

It's was FP+ time for the October trip last Friday, and I got a couple for the new rides in Pandora. I got Mission Space as I hear it's supposed to have a new one. I’ve also books rides at DHS for RnRC and the Traditional ToT. Soon I'll have an update (probably on the other TR) about the Guardians of the Galaxy ride at DCA. I'll give you a small spoiler, IT’S AWESOME!!!!!!!!

But for now let's head back to March and get this TR wrapped up!

Let me start off this update by backtracking a little bit. If you remember on Saturday we arrived from the Disney Cruise Line bus, we had lunch in France, shopped at the Marketplace but when I tried to get Fran to take some PP Photos, she got cranky and we went back to the room. Well when I went to download those pictures for the update on our last day, I realized that I did get her to pose for one set of pictures before the crankies set in, so I’ll share those with you now.

z17FC0304PP01.jpg

z17FC0304PP02.jpg

z17FC0304PP03.jpg

z17FC0304PP04.jpg

Back to Day 11

I woke up around 6AM, at first I was unclear why I felt a dull ache in my palm and and then I remembered why my hand hurt so much.

I decided to take one last bath before we left. I still had two suitcases to pack, but since we'd hardly spread out in the room, packing would only take an hour or so (plus the time to harass Fran to wake up).

We wanted to be out of there by 9AM, but it was closer to 9:20 when we were walking the Bellman and our luggage over to the airline check in desk. Luggage checked and carry ons stowed with Bell Services, we headed to the bus stop.

Something was up with the busses and they didn't have a bus to MK arrival time listed on the times board. They got it sorted out and we were on our way soon, it was 10AM when we got to MK. The lines for bag check were crazy long.

z17FC0306AM01.jpg

z17FC0306AM02.jpg

z17FC0306AM03.jpg

But on the Monorail side they were totally short. Why people are such sheep that follow each other around, I will never know!

z17FC0306AM04.jpg

We went towards the resort monorail. It was about now that I realized the reason I need the scooter on multi day trips. Evidently my fifth metatarsal has strengthened enough (from my injury back in 1998) from a gradual increase in my walking, to the point that it doesn't bother me nearly so bad as it once did. However, an even older injury creeped back into my life on this day. Shin splints. I had to quit the cross country running team in Jr High school because the pain was unbearable. Likewise I was never able to ice skate either. If you've ever experienced this burning sensation in your shins it can be anything from a dull ache to outright excruciating pain. I skipped right over the dull ache part! Climbing the hill to the resort monorail took almost everything out of me and this was all before breakfast!

We arrived at 1900 Park Fare for breakfast, and evidently there had been some sort of transportation issue so they were backlogged on seating people. It took about 20 minutes and luckily the fact that we were a few minutes late didn't matter. I was feeling a little odd today. Normally I have a food routine at this restaurant, but for some reason I was not feeling my same self. Perhaps it was the fact that this was the third time in a 12 month period we had eaten here, or maybe I was just feeling like changing things up. First I took pictures of the buffet itself.

z17FC0306BK01.jpg

z17FC0306BK02.jpg

z17FC0306BK03.jpg

z17FC0306BK04.jpg

z17FC0306BK05.jpg

z17FC0306BK06.jpg

z17FC0306BK07.jpg

z17FC0306BK08.jpg

z17FC0306BK09.jpg

z17FC0306BK10.jpg

z17FC0306BK11.jpg

z17FC0306BK12.jpg

z17FC0306BK13.jpg

z17FC0306BK14.jpg

z17FC0306BK15.jpg

After I got Fran a bowl of the strawberry soup, I got in line for an omelet.

I had him make it with everything, ham, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach, onions, green peppers and cheese.

z17FC0306BK16.jpg

Mary Poppins came by just as I was getting back. I made it brief with her as I didn’t want my food to get cold. I also took some Ibuprofen once I had food in my tummy.

z17FC0306BK17.jpg

Next I went out of my comfort zone and made a breakfast burrito with ham, sausage, bacon, cheese, Pico de gallo, and a little bit of egg. Kind of blurry but you get the idea.

z17FC0306BK18.jpg

Fran asked where the tater tots were, and I kicked myself for not thinking of that! It was good! I need a redo on that one! We’ll be back in October!

I also got myself a bowl of strawberry soup on this trip.

z17FC0306BK19.jpg

Fran went up to the buffet next and got herself a whole plate of stuff, and I went to the buffet to help her carry her plate back.

z17FC0306BK20.jpg

The Mad Hatter came by just as I was putting down her plate.

z17FC0306BK21.jpg

Then it was time for Mickey waffles!

z17FC0306BK22.jpg

I didn’t want to get too full, but I still wanted my fruit course. I couldn’t finish it.

z17FC0306BK23.jpg

We left without meeting Pooh and Tigger, and while it was a slight disappointment, it’s not like I didn’t meet them twice in the last year, so I was OK with leaving. Besides we had some more Flower & Garden to attend to! But we’ll get to that in the next update!

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

I think we've solved that problem now. If we have another child, it will result in either a malpractice suit or a divorce. :rolleyes1:rotfl2:

I think they are definitely complete in the "kid" department! They need more adult time! :lmao:

I'm with Alison!

Still throwing ideas around for our 20th anniversary next year. It's a good excuse for adult time!:thumbsup2

:crazy2: I have to keep using that one because I don't know where Mark gets the puking one from.

Someone else used it several years ago, and I copied and pasted it into my photos so I could use it as needed.:thumbsup2

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!