The Last Trip: An (Eastern) Fantasy Food Adventure-Bonus Feature, Pam & Her Mom Pt 2 Sept 17 the end

This rock formation was really cool.

q17DV0812PP07.jpg

That IS cool!

I've always loved thistles. They always remind me of my mom. Lovely shot, Alison!

LOL!! Nicely done. I'm too lazy to learn cool new stuff like this with LR- not even sure you can with it.

No, seriously, I actually made that picture after I learned something in photoshop that I used for a future update on the WDW trip report. For those of you reading along on both, when I get to the picture that I made that for, I want to see how many of you are paying attention and can spot the doctored shot!

I willl be on the lookout!

Jill had prepared quite a feast with flat iron steak, corn, wax beans, baked beans, and a lovely dessert with sugar macerated peaches and ice cream.

WOW!!! I need to go to @jedijill 's!!!! (Hi Jill!)

We are strange and prefer to wait at our gate killing time than cutting it close when it comes to flights.

No. This is smart and how it should be done.

I had missed part one of your Denver update but I'm caught up now. Nice updates, sounds like a great short trip, it is beautiful out there. My MIL and her cousin (in law) saw some of the area last summer (2016) when they did a month long cross country trip (from western NY to Denver, Salt Lake city, to California, up to Seattle and Vancouver, down to Yellowstone and back. That Garden of the Gods was one of my MIL's favorite things they saw.

You really did get some beautiful pictures. Love that Moose, I bet that was really cool to see.

Then you don't want to be here today. -28F.

It is literally 100° warmer here than there! :eek: I can not even imagine that.

She did again? She sure is spoiling you ladies! :)

Yes she did. Well, me. Fran just drank her Mtn Dew.

What? Behind the mountain?

Sorry... couldn't resist the Monty Python-esque line.

:p

That would be tempting... but I think I'd prefer to drive and stop when and if I want.

It did turn out to be the better option, especially since there was no way to accommodate Fran's scooter.

So many "points of interest"!

Some were more interesting than others....

What? You don't want to run into one, you know.

I dunno, might be fun to take a selfie with one! :teeth:

:fish:Whoops! Wrong emoji.

At least you got my inference.

Surreal. It looks like something Dali would do.

::yes::

I'm obviously not going to multiquote all your photos, but suffice to say that I greatly enjoyed seeing them! :)

Thank you. :goodvibes

Whacha get?

Actually nothing, we didn't find anything we liked (or in Fran's size) until we got to Garden of the Gods.

Reminds me of BTMRR

It does, huh?

Love that shot!

Me too! I took several like that and that was my favorite!

She should get one.

Gotta get all the apartments rented and sell a car or two.....

Those are cool. Looks like a dandelion on steroids.

Yeah, it does. I have no idea what it was.

Why? Because the rocks looked unstable?

No just they were climbing rocks that were five times their size.

That really gives you a sense of just how much you climb.

And that was only in about 10-15 minutes.

Cool! I've yet to see even one.

Those were my first outside of a zoo or something.

Same here!

Or doesn't that count?

No, cause it's December. It would if it were August.

Thumbs up, I see. So you guys didn't have any altitude sickness this time?

The other two had no problems, I was sipping my Ginger Ale the whole way up the mountain.

You bought that and took it home, right?

:langhing:

:) I can see that. And very nice of her... again

She was a very gracious hostess!

Add some sugar and cinnamon and then we'll talk. (or eat.)

I'm not sure that it would stick.

No promises, but we'll see! :)

I'm going to guess that you'll have the best chance of anyone.

Cool! Never seen those either.

I would have just thought it was a Ground Hog, but Jill set me right.

Sounds interesting. I might want to check that out too.

Now that I've been to the top of the mountain I would rather go back to the Garden of the Gods.

More shirts....fudge....

That is weird! I get that erosion probably allowed them to become visible... but you'd think there'd be more, then.

Yeah, strange that there were only a few.

And took that one home too?
No?
Why not??

Only three suitcases.

Yessssss.... Yum!

I got chocolate mint and I think she got creamsicle.

All that and she cooked for you too???? :worship:

How were the brats?

I still have the in the freezer. :blush:

Makes sense. You have a bighorn sheep and a bison to take home with you.

And a whole lot of T-shirts, and no room for the bison or big horn sheep...

:lmao: I can imagine how perturbed you were.

I'm a very patient person.

I prefer to be early too. I don't like being late.

And late is the story of my life, which is why I always tell Fran that we need to be somewhere an hour before we do!

I see that there's a new update for me to read! YAY! But today it's work... after cleaning up after the houseful of people. So just briefly popping on to say a belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and Fran. I got your email and will be buying my tix soon. :)

Thank you! Hope to hear from you soon re: April. I need to get over to your TR as I see there is anew update...

The views from Pike’s Peak are gorgeous. I think driving would be better than the train for control purposes. Too cool about the sheep.

Beautiful rainbow pictures.

Your fresh veggie meal sounds sublime.

What a lovely trip all around, thanks for sharing :)

Yeah we did actually like the driving part better. Glad you liked the rainbow pictures, and our meal was delicious!

It is literally 100° warmer here than there! :eek: I can not even imagine that.

I first thought "That can't be right", but... of course it can!
That's actually kind of neat.

Yes she did. Well, me. Fran just drank her Mtn Dew.

Still counts.

It did turn out to be the better option, especially since there was no way to accommodate Fran's scooter.

A no-brainer, then.

Some were more interesting than others....

That's true of anything, I suppose.

I dunno, might be fun to take a selfie with one! :teeth:

:laughing:
I have an urge to photoshop that.

At least you got my inference.

Me too! I took several like that and that was my favorite!

I love the depth of field. :)

Gotta get all the apartments rented and sell a car or two.....

So... She's getting it in January, you say?

Yeah, it does. I have no idea what it was.

Apparently Liesa does. Thistle I think she said?

No just they were climbing rocks that were five times their size.

Ah. Then I'm okay with that.
Boys will be boys.

And that was only in about 10-15 minutes.

whoa!

No, cause it's December. It would if it were August.

When I used to live up North, you could get snow in any month.
Early July or Late August. (not likely, though, in the middle)

The other two had no problems, I was sipping my Ginger Ale the whole way up the mountain.

And did you feel ill? Or the Ginger Ale prevented that?

I'm not sure that it would stick.

Oh, it does.
e4045ea5236686175bb1a671af2fda04.jpg

I would have just thought it was a Ground Hog, but Jill set me right.

I would've guessed ground hog too.

More shirts....fudge....

Fudge. Yes....

Only three suitcases.

Ah.

I got chocolate mint and I think she got creamsicle.

mmm... I'll have... both.

And late is the story of my life, which is why I always tell Fran that we need to be somewhere an hour before we do!

I'm familiar with that.
When we'd have Ruby's brother over for dinner, we always told him we were eating at 5:00 if we wanted him over by 6:00.

That IS cool!

Looks almost manmade....

I've always loved thistles. They always remind me of my mom. Lovely shot, Alison!

I just thought it was a trippy looming plant!

LOL!! Nicely done. I'm too lazy to learn cool new stuff like this with LR- not even sure you can with it.

I've been a work in progress learning this stuff. The first time I altered a photo was for the SW road trip, that was baby steps compared to what I do now, but I learn another little thing every few months as I want to do different things. Mostly take unwanted people out of my photos. :laughing:

I willl be on the lookout!

Few more updates!

WOW!!! I need to go to @jedijill 's!!!! (Hi Jill!)

We want to go back again. In summer.

No. This is smart and how it should be done.

:thumbsup2

I had missed part one of your Denver update but I'm caught up now. Nice updates, sounds like a great short trip, it is beautiful out there.

It was a nice little getaway.

My MIL and her cousin (in law) saw some of the area last summer (2016) when they did a month long cross country trip (from western NY to Denver, Salt Lake city, to California, up to Seattle and Vancouver, down to Yellowstone and back. That Garden of the Gods was one of my MIL's favorite things they saw.

That's quite a road trip!

You really did get some beautiful pictures. Love that Moose, I bet that was really cool to see.

It was neat to see different wildlife. Here we have mostly raccoons, possums, coyotes, and skunks.

I am all caught up again. I loved the photos. The scenery is really stunning. Dinner sounded delicious.

Corinna

@Steppesister Holler if you ever come out this way....I have a guest room you can book!

Let me know what your April dates are in CA.

I loved having Fran and Alison visit! They've been so gracious when I've gone to CA I was glad I could play host in Colorado!

Jill in CO

Thank you! Hope to hear from you soon re: April. I need to get over to your TR as I see there is anew update...

Yes, and now there's another. ;)

@Steppesister Holler if you ever come out this way....I have a guest room you can book!

I loved having Fran and Alison visit! They've been so gracious when I've gone to CA I was glad I could play host in Colorado!

Jill in CO

Awww, THANKS, Jill. I may just take you up on that someday! :)

I think you have those dates now... ? Alison mentioned you were in the loop? PM me if you need more info!

I first thought "That can't be right", but... of course it can!
That's actually kind of neat.

Neat? That's the word you use to describe it when you're on the end that's 100 degrees less?

A no-brainer, then.

Well not necessarily, but the fact that it was sold out made it a no brainer! :laughing:

That's true of anything, I suppose.

You are correct.

I have an urge to photoshop that.

I'd like to see that! :laughing:

I love the depth of field. :)

I guess that that's what it is I like about the picture. I wouldn't describe it so eloquently. :lmao:

So... She's getting it in January, you say?

Nope. We have a ton of bills from October to April and we just cashed in one of her IRAs to make it through. eBay is going to have to get us through the rest of the season. And don't get me started on tax reform..... :rolleyes1

That's kinds of like saying "potato".

Ah. Then I'm okay with that.
Boys will be boys.

Yeah, crazy people.

When I used to live up North, you could get snow in any month.
Early July or Late August. (not likely, though, in the middle)

Funny where I live we get sun in any month, January or February, even December.

And did you feel ill? Or the Ginger Ale prevented that?

Every time I felt sick I would drink more Ginger Ale and that would help.

Oh, it does.
e4045ea5236686175bb1a671af2fda04.jpg

Yeah I used to make donuts on girl scout campouts and you had to douse them in sugar as soon as they came out of the oil or it didn't stick.

I would've guessed ground hog too.

Either that or prairie dog.

I'm familiar with that.
When we'd have Ruby's brother over for dinner, we always told him we were eating at 5:00 if we wanted him over by 6:00.

:sad2: the things we have to do to get our family members onboard.

I am all caught up again. I loved the photos. The scenery is really stunning. Dinner sounded delicious.

Corinna

Thanks! Jill is a great cook and even better baker!

Done. Think you may join us?

Jill in CO

We can't wait to goi back! So many more things to do!

Neat? That's the word you use to describe it when you're on the end that's 100 degrees less?

Well, if I'd said "Cool!" you might have misunderstood.

I'd like to see that! :laughing:

I'll see what I can do. :)

Nope. We have a ton of bills from October to April and we just cashed in one of her IRAs to make it through. eBay is going to have to get us through the rest of the season. And don't get me started on tax reform..... :rolleyes1

:rolleyes1

That's kinds of like saying "potato".

So it's a potato thistle. Interesting.

:duck:

Funny where I live we get sun in any month, January or February, even December.

oy

Every time I felt sick I would drink more Ginger Ale and that would help.

Ah! So you were feeling it a bit. But the ginger ale helped.

Yeah I used to make donuts on girl scout campouts and you had to douse them in sugar as soon as they came out of the oil or it didn't stick.

::yes:: That's exactly what they do.

Either that or prairie dog.

Oh! Actually prairie dog is what I was thinking of.

:sad2: the things we have to do to get our family members onboard.

yup

Lots of varieties, of course. I took this one a couple summers ago.

I just thought it was a trippy looming plant!

Nope. Well, okay. Yes. And sharp!

I've been a work in progress learning this stuff. The first time I altered a photo was for the SW road trip, that was baby steps compared to what I do now, but I learn another little thing every few months as I want to do different things. Mostly take unwanted people out of my photos. :laughing:

I have one of the Norway Pavilion that has a wire in it that it driving me nuts. I need to learn how to do this!

We want to go back again. In summer.

I'm sure it's gorgeous in summer!

Looks like we're going to Arches and Zion this summer. Looking forward to getting some photography in while there!

And I'm already on top of it! :teeth:

Yes, you ARE!!!

Geez, that's pretty.

I have one of the Norway Pavilion that has a wire in it that it driving me nuts. I need to learn how to do this!

Not sure if you can in LR.
In Photoshop, select the healing brush, make it a little bigger than the wire. click one end hold shift and click the other end (might not have to hold shift). Voila. Might have to break that up into segments if the wire crosses buildings and distorts them.

Well, if I'd said "Cool!" you might have misunderstood.

But not if you said frigid! :laughing:

So it's a potato thistle. Interesting.

:sad2:

Ah! So you were feeling it a bit. But the ginger ale helped.

Lots of varieties, of course. I took this one a couple summers ago.

Nice picture!

Depending on the background it could be simple or more complicated.

I'm sure it's gorgeous in summer!

Looks like we're going to Arches and Zion this summer. Looking forward to getting some photography in while there!

We went to Zion a few years back and it was beautiful. We didn't stay long though because the place was mobbed, and we came from Bryce where it was snowing the day before and Zion was like 85 degrees so we weren't dressed for the weather.

Yes, you ARE!!!

And I sent out another one, so far Karilynn is the only one who responded.

In Photoshop, select the healing brush, make it a little bigger than the wire. click one end hold shift and click the other end (might not have to hold shift). Voila. Might have to break that up into segments if the wire crosses buildings and distorts them.

Huh. I don't even know which tool the healing brush is.

So it's been a while since I've updated over here, but i have a few fun times to share. Back in August the MSEP gave its last performance at Disneyland. Because Jenny had recently moved back to Southern California and I knew this was her favorite parade, we went out to see it in the last week before it went away. We couldn't resist sharing dinner from the Plaza Inn.

x17DL0815MSEP02.jpg

And we got this nifty little apple pie for dessert. Both were delicious!

x17DL0815MSEP01.jpg

Then it was time to settle in for the parade.

x17DL0815MSEP03.jpg

x17DL0815MSEP04.jpg

x17DL0815MSEP05.jpg

x17DL0815MSEP06.jpg

x17DL0815MSEP07.jpg

x17DL0815MSEP08.jpg

x17DL0815MSEP09.jpg

x17DL0815MSEP10.jpg

x17DL0815MSEP11.jpg

x17DL0815MSEP12.jpg

x17DL0815MSEP13.jpg

x17DL0815MSEP14.jpg

x17DL0815MSEP15.jpg

x17DL0815MSEP16.jpg

About a week later, the parade gave it’s last performance. Who knows when they’ll be bringing it back!

I loved the photos from the Main Street Electrical Parade. The only time I ever saw it was when it was shown at California Adventure for a while.

Corinna

Back in August the MSEP gave its last performance at Disneyland.

Boo!!!

We couldn't resist sharing dinner from the Plaza Inn.

x17DL0815MSEP02.jpg

That looks good. Looks like, unless we want @Steppesister doing a severe pout, we'll be doing that in April.

And we got this nifty little apple pie for dessert. Both were delicious!

That looked good. Might just have to do that. :)

Then it was time to settle in for the parade.

I see you went prepared with your fast lens. Nice shots, Alison. :thumbsup2

About a week later, the parade gave it’s last performance. Who knows when they’ll be bringing it back!

Hope they do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!