The Last Trip: An (Eastern) Fantasy Food Adventure-Bonus Feature, Pam & Her Mom Pt 2 Sept 17 the end

Your parade photos are AMAZING!! Just lovely! I don't need to tell you how much I will miss that parade. The one I was thoroughly excited about seeing every chance I could get. To see it go makes me incredibly sad. But, you got some fabulous photos of it!
That looks good. Looks like, unless we want @Steppesister doing a severe pout, we'll be doing that in April.
Yes. I will be severely put out if my Chicken Dinner Do-Over isn't done (over). Pretty please with gravy on top?

Great parade photos, I love that parade too. One of the few I would go out of my way to see.

Yes. I will be severely put out if my Chicken Dinner Do-Over isn't done (over). Pretty please with gravy on top?

Just to make sure... that was in jest. There are certainly loads of other places I'd be perfectly happy at including the NO Cafe for Pommes Frites or other places that I really love that you already know about. :)

Love the pictures of MSEP- this parade is special to me as it is some of my earliest memories of DL...that and looking down at the loading of space...I remember thinking that I can't believe my dad is taking me on this thing, but loving it after. I hope that MSEP will be back some day and that it will be some of my DD's earliest memories :)

I loved the photos from the Main Street Electrical Parade. The only time I ever saw it was when it was shown at California Adventure for a while.

Corinna

I remember that. I got some pictures from the Villas when they first opened. That was a long time a

No problem! Just click here and it'll solve that problem.

Off to read the update now.

Wow! That's really cool! I just tried it and that is much better than the clone stamp tool!

That looks good. Looks like, unless we want @Steppesister doing a severe pout, we'll be doing that in April.

I'm good with that in April for lunch! We could get the chicken dinner and a cobb salad and probably be good. Maybe two

That looked good. Might just have to do that. :)

And maybe if we get some of those we don't need two chicken dinners....

I see you went prepared with your fast lens. Nice shots, Alison. :thumbsup2

I think actually that was my regular lens....I haven't used the special lens in a long long time....I like being able to zoom in and out.

Hope they do.

Well paint the night will be back at DCA when we are there. We might want to make a reservation.

What gorgeous parade photos! I did love that parade...

Thanks! It was fun to see it!

Your parade photos are AMAZING!! Just lovely! I don't need to tell you how much I will miss that parade. The one I was thoroughly excited about seeing every chance I could get. To see it go makes me incredibly sad. But, you got some fabulous photos of it!

Thanks! Maybe we might want to see Paint the Night in April. I really like that one!

Well then we need to do it!

Great parade photos, I love that parade too. One of the few I would go out of my way to see.

I never cared for it because of the soundtrack, but I'm starting to like it more and more as I get older.

Just to make sure... that was in jest. There are certainly loads of other places I'd be perfectly happy at including the NO Cafe for Pommes Frites or other places that I really love that you already know about. :)

Regardless if it was in jest, I'm always up for fried chicken at the Plaza Inn!

Love the pictures of MSEP- this parade is special to me as it is some of my earliest memories of DL...that and looking down at the loading of space...I remember thinking that I can't believe my dad is taking me on this thing, but loving it after. I hope that MSEP will be back some day and that it will be some of my DD's earliest memories :)

I'm sure it will be back, but who knows when. PTN will be back, maybe we can see it together in May!

Wow! That's really cool! I just tried it and that is much better than the clone stamp tool!

Good!

I'm good with that in April for lunch! We could get the chicken dinner and a cobb salad and probably be good. Maybe two

Cobb salad sounds good to me too!

And maybe if we get some of those we don't need two chicken dinners....

:laughing: I'm not sharing that one!

I think actually that was my regular lens....I haven't used the special lens in a long long time....I like being able to zoom in and out.

Oh really!

Well paint the night will be back at DCA when we are there. We might want to make a reservation.

I'll leave that up to the rest of you. I'm just happy to tag along.

OK, I know that I've not given all the responses replies, but I'm going to go ahead and post this update cause I don't know when I'm going to finish it!

Friday

Last September Pam @Pinkocto and her Mom took an epic trip which included two cruises and nearly a week at Disneyland. We met up with them the day they disembarked the ship and drove up from San Diego. It was sometime in the afternoon that we met up in the lobby of the Grand Californian.

They were super excited to ride Guardians of the Galaxy so that’s where we went first. We got the Jackson 5 “I want you back”.

x17DL0915PJ01.jpg

After riding we were famished so we went to the Corn Dog Castle where Fran and I ordered Spicy Pepper Jack Cheese Stick dipped in corn batter, drizzled with blackberry sauce and topped with sweet pineapple salsa, pickled serranos and crushed cheese puffs.

x17DL0915PJ02.jpg

x17DL0915PJ03.jpg

We also got a plain corn dog as well and we split both of them.

x17DL0915PJ04.jpg

After our snack we went on over to RSR and took a spin.

x17DL0915PJ05.jpg

By this time it was getting dark. Pam wanted to see the neon lights of Radiator Spring light up so we waited for that.

We wanted to see the fireworks at Disneyland so we hustled over there and had just enough time to grab some food at the Jolly Holiday Bakery. I had been wanting to try the Roast Beef & Blue Cheese on Traditional Baguette - pickled red onion, arugula, tomato, and whole grain mustard aioli ($10.99) for a while now, so Fran and I split that.

x17DL0915PJ06.jpg

Fran got a Cinnamon Roll, of which I took one bite. I could feel my blood sugar rising with just that one bite!

x17DL0915PJ07.jpg

While Fran held our spot for the fireworks, me, Pam and her mom rode BTMRR in the dark. Then we went back for the fireworks, which I enjoyed and didn’t take pictures of. And Fran and I packed it up to go home.

Saturday

I believe Pam and her Mom had big plans to visit the Queen Mary in Long Beach, but I think in the end they chose to just lay around the pool until they came over to our house to meet the kittens. I think at this point the kittens had just opened up their eyes.

We went out for dinner at one of my favorite restaurants (that we normally order delivery from), it’s called Bai Plu and they serve a combination of Japanese and Thai cuisine. This means I can have a sushi starter, a little Pad Thai, and some Tempura! I think that’s exactly what I had. Pam and her mom ordered cucumber sushi and some sauteed green beans. After dinner we said, “Goodbye.” until the next day.

Sunday

We had planned to see the 3PM viewing of Frozen, so we drove out to the park and met up with Pam and her mom around 1:30 or 2PM. We went directly to the theater where we found out that the Frozen show had been canceled for today. Bummer.

So instead we rode Guardians of the Galaxy. I think this was our third time since they arrived. Tunes we got were We Got the Funk and Hit Me With Your Best Shot.

x17DL0916PJ01.jpg

The parks were all decorated for Halloween and it was pretty cool.

x17DL0917PJ01.jpg

x17DL0917PJ02.jpg

x17DL0917PJ03.jpg

x17DL0917PJ04.jpg

x17DL0917PJ05.jpg

x17DL0917PJ06.jpg

x17DL0917PJ07.jpg

x17DL0917PJ08.jpg

x17DL0917PJ09.jpg

x17DL0917PJ10.jpg

We went on Buzz Lightyear, and then here’s where my notes are sketchy. I know that we had some dinner, but it fails me where we ate and I have no pictures….

But then we went to see F! I’m only going to show you a few pictures because after I uploaded these I realized I already showed you these as part of the post when I posted about F! coming back to the parks.

x17DL0917PJ11.jpg

x17DL0917PJ12.jpg

x17DL0917PJ13.jpg

x17DL0917PJ14.jpg

x17DL0917PJ15.jpg

x17DL0917PJ16.jpg

x17DL0917PJ17.jpg

x17DL0917PJ18.jpg

After the show we stayed to see the fireworks from our location of viewing F! Then we made our way out of the park. Here is a random family having their Photopass Picture taken at the pumpkin on Main Street.

x17DL0917PJ19.jpg

x17DL0917PJ20.jpg

x17DL0917PJ21.jpg

Nice pics! How fun that you got to spend so much time with Pam and her mom!

It really was an epic trip, and so much fun to be able to spend all those fabulous days with you and Fran!!! Your pictures took me right back, each day was full of so many awesome things :teeth: yep, the Queen Mary will be another time. The lure of the pool loungers was just too much :) that sushi restaurant was top notch. My pad thai noodles were so yummy popcorn:: and meeting the kittens was just the icing on the cake :love:

After riding we were famished so we went to the Corn Dog Castle where Fran and I ordered Spicy Pepper Jack Cheese Stick dipped in corn batter, drizzled with blackberry sauce and topped with sweet pineapple salsa, pickled serranos and crushed cheese puffs.

That looks absolutely amazing.

Pam wanted to see the neon lights of Radiator Spring light up so we waited for that.

I still have not seen this. Hopefully in November ...

We went directly to the theater where we found out that the Frozen show had been canceled for today. Bummer.

Oh, what a shame.

Corinna

OK, I know that I've not given all the responses replies, but I'm going to go ahead and post this update cause I don't know when I'm going to finish it!

Go Alison, go!!

Last September Pam @Pinkocto and her Mom took an epic trip which included two cruises and nearly a week at Disneyland.

Wow! Nice! That sounds really wonderful. :)

They were super excited to ride Guardians of the Galaxy

Actually... I am too! :laughing:

we went to the Corn Dog Castle

Nope. I insist on the wagon. Has to be the wagon. This will happen this time!
(I hope.)

I ordered Spicy Pepper Jack Cheese Stick dipped in corn batter, drizzled with blackberry sauce and topped with sweet pineapple salsa, pickled serranos and crushed cheese puffs.

Then again... that looks pretty good. Was it?

Pam wanted to see the neon lights of Radiator Spring light up so we waited for that.

I've heard that is pretty cool to see.

I had been wanting to try the Roast Beef & Blue Cheese on Traditional Baguette - pickled red onion, arugula, tomato, and whole grain mustard aioli ($10.99) for a while now, so Fran and I split that.

That sounds good too. What did you think of it?

I love cinnamon rolls, but.... that just doesn't look appetizing at all.

I believe Pam and her Mom had big plans to visit the Queen Mary in Long Beach,

Never heard of it.

:rolleyes1

This means I can have a sushi starter, a little Pad Thai, and some Tempura!

Not bad! I'd go for that.

we found out that the Frozen show had been canceled for today. Bummer.

Bummer indeed. Find out why?

I especially love that décor, however...

It's superb at night! :)

I'd really like that!

Thanks! Maybe we might want to see Paint the Night in April. I really like that one!

Again, yes please. :) If everyone else is game. I've never seen it.

Well then we need to do it!

Okay! ;)

Regardless if it was in jest, I'm always up for fried chicken at the Plaza Inn!

Having never tried this delicacy...

Cobb salad sounds good to me too!

I ADORE a good Cobb. Nothing beats it at HBD, but I'm liking this idea here!

Loved all of the Halloween decorations all over the parks you posted, especially at night! So festive!

Sounds like a fun weekend! I still haven't seen Frozen at DCA! We never make it there. LOL

Jill in CO

Nice pics! How fun that you got to spend so much time with Pam and her mom!

It was great fun! But tiring to go home every night. Next time I'm going to stay too!

It really was an epic trip, and so much fun to be able to spend all those fabulous days with you and Fran!!! Your pictures took me right back, each day was full of so many awesome things :teeth: yep, the Queen Mary will be another time. The lure of the pool loungers was just too much :) that sushi restaurant was top notch. My pad thai noodles were so yummy popcorn:: and meeting the kittens was just the icing on the cake :love:

It was very fun!

That looks absolutely amazing.

It was pretty good. If they have it this Halloween I'm definitely getting it again.

I still have not seen this. Hopefully in November ...

So you'll be here in November?

Oh, what a shame.

I know. It was.

Go Alison, go!!

I was on a roll!

Wow! Nice! That sounds really wonderful. :)

I'm sure it was. Fran won't let me be away from the kids that long.

Actually... I am too! :laughing:

We'll definitely ride it a few times. Try and get multiple songs.

Nope. I insist on the wagon. Has to be the wagon. This will happen this time!
(I hope.)

Well, you can get your corn dog while Liesa and I get chicken and Cobb Salad. They're right next door to each other. You wouldn't be the first person to bring a Corn Dog into the Plaza Inn.

Then again... that looks pretty good. Was it?

It was!

I've heard that is pretty cool to see.

It's not quite as exciting as I imagined, but I'm glad we did it.

That sounds good too. What did you think of it?

I liked it. I would order it again.

I love cinnamon rolls, but.... that just doesn't look appetizing at all.

Huh. She liked it well enough.

Never heard of it.

:rolleyes1

:lmao:

Not bad! I'd go for that.

There's one near Downtown. They have two restaurants. It's called Bai Plau.

Bummer indeed. Find out why?

Disney never tells you that!

I especially love that décor, however...

It's superb at night! :)

Yeah, it really was cool at night!

I'd really like that!

OK, I'll see about doing that!

Again, yes please. :) If everyone else is game. I've never seen it.

OK

::yes::

Having never tried this delicacy...

Yep. And I haven't had it for a long long time.

I ADORE a good Cobb. Nothing beats it at HBD, but I'm liking this idea here!

No, it's not better than HBD, but they do make it to order right in front of you.

Loved all of the Halloween decorations all over the parks you posted, especially at night! So festive!

It was very festive. I love DL and DCA with their holiday decor!

Sounds like a fun weekend! I still haven't seen Frozen at DCA! We never make it there. LOL

Jill in CO

That's because we're always there with Jenny and she and her family call them the #$%&@es of Arrendel! :lmao:

Monday

We met up at around noon that day. On Friday night we had wanted to try some of the special Halloween treats at the Jolly Holiday bakery but they had run out by the time we got there, so today this was our first stop!

x17DL0918PJ01.jpg

This one was the special Halloween treat. Mickey-Shaped Mummy Macaron – A white chocolate macaron with white chocolate drizzle and chocolate-salted caramel filling. My gosh! This was so sweet that I could’t take more than one bite, but Pam and here Mom were able to take one for the team and finish it for me!

x17DL0918PJ02.jpg

These raspberry filled Macarons are always on the menu at the Jolly Holiday. They have just the right amount of tang with the fresh berries, that they are not too sweet for me.

x17DL0918PJ03.jpg

Now that we were on a sugar high, we were ready to ride some rides! First up Haunted Mansion!

x17DL0918PJ04.jpg

It had the Nightmare Before Christmas Overlay, which for me is becoming tiring, but I guess some people like it.

x17DL0918PJ05.jpg

I think we might have gone on Indiana Jones and Pirates after that, but my notes are not very good. I do know that by this time i was starting to crash from the sugar high and needed something savory to eat. I had the Bengal Barbecue: Lamb Kofta – Lamb with tzatziki sauce, spinach and pickled onions on grilled pita bread. This was another one of the special Halloween Treats.

x17DL0918PJ06.jpg

This was really tasty and super filling! I would have loved to have another one while they were offering these special treats, but as you'll see in my next update we had our hands full just trying everything else they had to offer.

Pam or her mom got this veggie skewer. I've never had it, but many of my friends have found it quite tasty!

x17DL0918PJ07.jpg

After this, I believe that we went over to DCA to see the Frozen show that we missed the day before. Since I didn't have the big camera, I didn't take any pictures, but we all enjoyed the show!

As soon as we got out ofo the show we rode Guardians after Dark. They had just started a new overlay that only happened after the sun had set. For whatever reason they didn’t take our picture. Either that or someone did something profane in the picture and they had to delete it. We saw this guy near the Carthay Theater and I was really sad I didn’t have the big camera because I never could get a decent picture.

x17DL0918PJ08.jpg

After that I said goodnight to them and I think they watched World of Color.

Monday was supposed to be the last day we would have together, but Fran had so much fun Sunday night that she decided we should join them for dinner on Wednesday night. I remember while we waited in line at the Jolly Holiday bakery we discussed where we would have dinner and we settled on Catal in DTD. Since Fran and I made it out there earlier than we had planned, Pam her Mom and I decided to give Guardians another shot or two.

x17DL0920PJ01.jpg

x17DL0920PJ02.jpg

After riding, we went over to Catal to have our dinner.

I'm going to say that Fran and I split this salad since the way it's served Pam can't eat it, and its not a vegetarian salad.

x17DL0920PJ03.jpg

Ah yes, I believe this one is Pam’s salad, it seems to me that she and her mom both got this one. It had beets in it, and doesn’t seem to be on the menu any longer.

x17DL0920PJ04.jpg

This was definitely theirs too, it was some sort of hummus fries. Also no longer on the menu.

x17DL0920PJ05.jpg

We all split an order of the Sauteed Mushrooms, Garlic, Grana Padano and Cheese. This is still on the menu!

x17DL0920PJ06.jpg

We ordered a side of the Bacon Mac and Cheese (also still on the menu). It was very good!

x17DL0920PJ07.jpg

I’m sure all of you here will want some of Pam’s side of Brussel Sprouts!

x17DL0920PJ08.jpg

And for our main, Fran and I split the Prime Rib. We had so much food that we ended up taking some of this and the Mac home with us. Some of the best leftovers I remember eating!

x17DL0920PJ09.jpg

I’m not sure what this was for dessert. The menu says Assorted Ice Cream and Sorbet, so I guess that’s what this is.

x17DL0920PJ10.jpg

This is definitely Creme Brulee!

x17DL0920PJ11.jpg

This is Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding.

x17DL0920PJ12.jpg

I know that we all enjoyed our desserts very much as well the entire meal. I would definitely like to return here for another meal!

After dinner we said our goodbyes. They would be catching a plane home the next day.

And this truly wraps up my updates for this TR. Now that I have finished my most recent TR, all bonus features will be posted over there, and I won’t have to keep up with two TRs!

Which one?

Chicken.

I'll let the other two decide.

Looks like Liesa has. :)

I was on a roll!

mmm... rolls... with butter... better yet... with garlic butter.

I'm sure it was. Fran won't let me be away from the kids that long.

I actually understand that. ::yes::

We'll definitely ride it a few times. Try and get multiple songs.

yay!

Well, you can get your corn dog while Liesa and I get chicken and Cobb Salad. They're right next door to each other. You wouldn't be the first person to bring a Corn Dog into the Plaza Inn.

Nope. I want me chicken and cobb. Corn dog is snack. Later. Earlier. Whatever.

It's not quite as exciting as I imagined, but I'm glad we did it.

Ah. Exciting isn't the word I thought of... pretty, maybe. But not exciting.

There's one near Downtown. They have two restaurants. It's called Bai Plau.

Doubt it'll happen this trip.

Disney never tells you that!

Well they should!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!