The longest you have waited in a line, and what for

NFLDERS

Stay Safe
At an airport after a cruise, and in the aftermath of a winter storm, travelling from Baltimore to Buffalo.

Does camping out for concert tickets count? Is that even still a thing? Back in 1989...when I had long flowing hair and no cares in the world, a bunch of friends and I camped out for about 24 hours for Rolling Stones tickets. It was the Steel Wheels tour, and we saw the very first show of the tour. There was a power outage while they were playing Shattered. I'll never forget that. It was crazy, and fun. Oh the sights I saw....

Had a blast camping for the tickets!!!

Oh, I don't know, but I'm sure it was something at Dinsey! I can remember back when I was a kid, before FastPass and such, it felt like we waited forever to ride certain things. It was probably more like an hour, but to a kid that's like eternity.

To get off the Disney Magic after a packed New Year's ever cruise. 90 minutes.
Folks over on the Cruise Line Forum seem to like the lack of any disembarkation organization. But having been on other cruise lines, where you wait in an assigned public room, with food and beverages and entertainment, and are called to exit the ship and can do so immediately is my preference.
The one highlight. It was January 3rd and two burly dock workers were taking a sledge hammer to the Ginger Bread house outside Lumiere's, and we were in sight of them for 30 minutes.

It was the first full day of operations for Volcano:The Blast Coaster at Kings Dominion theme park. I left my house at 6:00 am for the 3 1/2 hour drive in order to be there before rope drop. Waited 30 minutes for my first ride, took a bathroom break, got back in line and rode again, took 15 minutes for a bite to eat, back in line, another bathroom break, back in line for a fourth ride, then drove 3 1/2 hours home to make it back around 1:00 am.

So seven hours of driving and ten hours in line for four rides.

Does camping out for concert tickets count? Is that even still a thing? Back in 1989...when I had long flowing hair and no cares in the world, a bunch of friends and I camped out for about 24 hours for Rolling Stones tickets. It was the Steel Wheels tour, and we saw the very first show of the tour. There was a power outage while they were playing Shattered. I'll never forget that. It was crazy, and fun. Oh the sights I saw....

Yes it does. If only our airport experience had been fun! :)

I should explain there was standing room only no seating available... sigh.

Signing up for classes as a Freshman at University back in the 80's when everything was done on paper. The lines were 100's of people long and took hours, basically the entire day. Most of us sat on the dusty floors and got up to move every once in a while as the line moved at a glacial pace.

At Disney, I have a hard rule of waiting no longer than 20 minutes for anything. My time is worth a lot more than standing in a line. In July, there were many Fast Pass + lines that were 20 minutes. I cannot imagine how long those ride wait times would have been without FP+.

When I was a teen my friends in I waited in line almost 4 hours for a new roller coaster at Magic Mountain. I can’t imagine waiting in a line that long just for a ride now.

Back in the mid 90's on Black Friday. I waited about 2 1/2 hours in line for that year's "must have" video game for whatever gaming system was in vogue at the time. This is when a 7am opening on Black Friday was early. Got there about 5am and there were already dozens of people in line. Fortunately I was able to get it before the stock was depleted.

I don't remember how many hours but likely it was the movie premieres for Harry Potter and Twilight series. Depending on the movie being released it was either in the hot summer or the cold winter waiting outside.

We were like 4th in line for Boston tickets in 1987. And then they handed out line tickets. We ended up with seats in the 20th row :(

Waiting in line 13 hours for the General Admission line for U2. We had tickets. We were in line for a good position in the standing room area

3 1/2 hours in order to snag a spot for ds in a summer voc ed 'preview' course. the districts offer an incredible voc ed program (own entirely separate campus) that kids can do 1/2 day programs in several professions (some of which earn college credit, professional certifications or count as apprenticeship time) in their high school jr/sr years but during the summer they offer 2-2 week half day 'preview' versions of each of the programs. ds was thinking of doing one of the most popular and i had heard that when they started taking enrollment papers (a weeknite beginning at 6 p.m.) the line was LONG and since it was first w/the paperwork-first enrolled we didn't want to chance it. we and one other family were there maybe the first hour alone-then the massive waves of people started lining up. his program of choice was filled in maybe 20 minutes-but we snagged a spot.

Signing up for classes as a Freshman at University back in the 80's when everything was done on paper. The lines were 100's of people long and took hours, basically the entire day.

when dd would complain about having to set her alarm for her designated time to roll out of bed and make a few keystrokes on her laptop in order to sign up for classes i would shake my head and remind her of how i had to do it 'back in the day'. paper schedules, paper class forms, getting up to the window and finding out one class was full and you better have an alternate choice b/c if not they weren't going to wait for you to make one so it was back to the end of the line.....they don't know how good they've got it.

Right hours, at Logan Airport, when (yet) another iteration of Eastern was offering something like $10 fares to JFK. Finally flew out at 2 PM, stayed an hour, back to the airport and got out on the last f!ight that day - only an hour wait.

Mine is concert tickets too. Waited from about 8 p.m. overnight until about 10 a.m. the next morning for NKOTB tickets in 1990. Camped out overnight on one of the busiest streets in our town at 12 years old. Got last row anyway...

I think about that often now that my own kids are that age. I have no idea what my parents were thinking allowing that. I guess it was a different time, and there were lots of other people around. Unfortunately I don’t think it would be safe to do now, my town has gotten sketchy.

Oh, I don't know, but I'm sure it was something at Dinsey! I can remember back when I was a kid, before FastPass and such, it felt like we waited forever to ride certain things. It was probably more like an hour, but to a kid that's like eternity.

Back in the stone age before fast pass when Space Mountain was a relatively new thing, waits at Space Mountain were routinely over an hour and a half and peak waits during busier times could approach 3 hours. You had to get to and ride it first.

This would be my answer also. 1985, camped out for Foreigner/Joe Walsh tickets. Only about 18 hours though. We were 16, and had a blast. It rained, so my friends dad brought us a huge roll of plastic and we made a tent that we shared with the guys next to us. We had a bucket of KFC and a cooler full of coke etc. My date at that concert got so drunk, he passed out in his chair (in the second row, with unbelievable volume level) so I hung out with one of the guys we shared our plastic tent with during the show (they sat next to us).

1973. I waited 4 hours to see The Exorcist.
1995 3 hours for the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland.

Indiana Jones ride here as well. First day it opened. Got there before the park opened and then they let us all in on Main Street. At rope drop everyone basically huddled left to form a “line” for the ride. I have no idea how many hours were involved, but I know that was the longest I waited for anything.

We were like 4th in line for Boston tickets in 1987. And then they handed out line tickets. We ended up with seats in the 20th row :(

We're 4h in line!! We're going to get an awesome spot!!!

Ok everyone, we're going to hand out random numbers for placing.

They did that for U2 tickets. I had to work so Friends waited in line all night and were like 3rd in line. They then got a number so far back tickets were sold out. They were not happy. Fortunately U2 added another show. So we went down for the original show without tickets and scalpers were unloading them for dirt cheap. I think face was $25 and we got all 8 for less than $25.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!