The Masked Singer—Season 2

kimblebee

now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents
Who’s ready to go another round with this show?

The premiere is Sept 25 but they are having a sneak peek today (Sunday). It looks like they will be showing some clues too. It will be too early to make definitive guesses but it will sure get things rolling.

As per last year, please don’t post things from the web. I’d like the guesses we make to be our own, not formed by reading a site that points out all the clues and breaks things down. I like being surprised. So I guess this thread I’m calling no spoilers.

So, let’s get the conversation going. As we learn the identities I’ll keep this post as the update post.

Skeleton- revealed (Paul Shaffer)
Fox
Ice cream- revealed (Tyler ‘Ninja’ Blevins)
Eagle- revealed (Dr. Drew Pinsky)
Tree- revealed (Ana Gastayer)
Flamingo
Butterfly- revealed (Michelle Williams)
Penguin- revealed (Sherry Shepherd)
Leopard- revealed (Seal)
Egg- revealed (Johnny Weir)
Rottweiler
Flower- revealed (Patti LaBelle)
Thingamajig- revealed (Victor Oladipo)
Panda- revealed (Laila Ali)
Black widow- revealed (Raven-Simoné)
Ladybug- revealed (Kelly Osborne)

Last edited:
Can’t wait! Going to have to start deleting my E! app every Wednesday again since I watch this show on Hulu the next day and the stupid app always shows a thumbnail picture of the unmasked singer for that week 🤦🏻‍♀️

Can’t wait! Going to have to start deleting my E! app every Wednesday again since I watch this show on Hulu the next day and the stupid app always shows a thumbnail picture of the unmasked singer for that week 🤦🏻‍♀️

I have so many shows that I have to duck and weave on Twitter to avoid til after I watch them. It’s really hard to avoid the This is Us thread until after I watch it.

Last edited:
16 contestants to start..

Costumes are very creative this season..

Skeleton
Fox
Ice Cream
Eagle
Tree (christmas tree)

Flamingo — & she’s my first guess of the season! Xtina Aguilera (unmistakable voice)

Butterfly
Penguin
Leopard
Egg
Rottweiler
Flower
Thingamajig (sings with a country sounding voice...)
Panda
Black Widow
#16 to be revealed at the Emmy awards

It’s shaping up to be another awesome season!!

Is this "preview" an actually episode or just clips? I only caught bits and pieces last year but was interested in watching (maybe) this year.

Is this "preview" an actually episode or just clips? I only caught bits and pieces last year but was interested in watching (maybe) this year.

I haven’t watched it yet but I’m pretty sure it was just a sneak peek to see all the characters.

Yes! Sure it's totally cheesy and the judges aren't the best, but it's a fun show! The costumes are truly amazing.

We just watched the preview and here are some random thoughts:
- The Flamingo has a great voice
- The butterfly is really creepy. Amazingly detailed costume. Looks like a praying mantis head on a moth's body?
- The leopard is a dude! They made a point of saying how the bodice of the costume is meant to hide the celebrity's figure. When they said that, I tried to look at the person's figure and they were straight as a board. No chest, no curves. The leopard's shoes were 'off' too I thought. With an outfit like that, you'd expect heels or ballet flats or something, not boots. Almost like it was a guy who said I'll wear the dress, but I'm not wearing heels.
- The flower has a clue in the background with blue flowers spelling out "314". No idea what that means. Area code? March 14?
- The egg made a comment like his mom told him to go for the 1st and last vowels of the alphabet. That'd be A & U (or maybe Y?). AU= Austrailia? Periodic symbol for Gold? maybe an Olympic medalist?

Love the costumes! Def going to try not looking stuff up on the internet this year :)

Does anyone else think there are way too many characters? Seems like this will be a very long season.

So, I finally watched the preview show..just a little late lol

The only one that I have a guess for is the Thingamajig. His singing voice sounds like Wayne Brady to me. Like, a lot.

I’m glad there’s so many singers this year. It’s harder to focus on the clues when there’s so many of them.

The list of accomplishments makes it seem like this is going to be an impressive cast. I didn’t see any sports stats (Stanley Cup wins or World Series Champs). Maybe that narrows it down too much.

I guess I’ll be watching the Emmys now to see the last character.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!